BraStrap Here I come!!!!

growth2come

Sorry its a bit long...I got a little excited.

I took out my braids this weekend. After going over board on the length I kept them in(4 months:blush:). That wasnt meant to happen...Anywho I took out the braids and the back line was as matted as a dogs bottom. But because I have lose a lot of hair due to the tangles I was determined to fully detangle this time. With each two lines that I took out I detangled each section and then did a two strand twist.

After watching one of Macherieamour's(sp) video I decided to pre-poo with honey. After I took out all the braid(this is after hours and hours of detangling) I sectioned my hair in four. I had my head in the shower just to make my hair wet a little. I then applied the honey. You dont really get that stickiness when the hair is wet. As I didnt have enough honey I put on a shower cup and then scarf and went outside the shop to get more honey.
Ok so there I was in tesco express(mini mart/kwiki mart for my us friends) with honey sliding down my face. I was acting a little nervous, because of these I had people looking at me weird. One thought I was checking him out...but I was checking for the sweet stuff...yes I did lick my face at one point anywho...

I added more honey when I got home. I left the honey in my hair for about an hour while I did some house work. I think rinsed and shampooed. I then applied a mixture of ORS Hair mayonnaise, jojoba oil, vitamine E oil and a tablespoon of Honey. I put on a shower cap and sat under the steamer for about 30mins. Went back to the bathroom and slowly combed each section of the 4 sections line by line with a wide tooth comb and denman brush. I tried to be as gentle as possible this time because I have a habit of rushing the detangling section and moaning about losing too much hair.

After what seemed like two hours of combing I then rinsed out the condtioner. I was afraid that my hair would come out hard because I had the hair mayo in too long so I rinsed and added some VO5 moisture elixir. After 5mins I rinsed and finally got out of the shower.

I lightly towel dryed then sprayed with Aveda's Brilliant Damage control. I also applied some friz izz serum to the ends then blow dryed. THIS IS THE FIRST time I have blow dryed my hair without losing ANY hair at all. After all this detangling and face dripping honey maddness my hair come out moisturised yet so strong caveman himself would have pulled me by the hair and I still wouldnt have lost a strand. ANYWHERE after all that I rushed into the living room to get my bf to take a picture. It was 1am by this time so forgive me if I look a little rough!

I AM NEARLY BRASTRAP!!! This is also the longs my hair has EVER been. I hope to be at brastrap by Dec 2010. I have attached the pictures!

Attachments

• SPA50171.jpg
    SPA50171.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 110
  • SPA50174.jpg
    SPA50174.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 135
Thank you ladies...I was a little scissor happy last summer so I will keep it braid to keep my pows off. Hopefully without any problems I will make brastrap soon.

Sorry its a bit long...I got a little excited.

I took out my braids this weekend. After going over board on the length I kept them in(4 months:blush:). That wasnt meant to happen...Anywho I took out the braids and the back line was as matted as a dogs bottom. But because I have lose a lot of hair due to the tangles I was determined to fully detangle this time. With each two lines that I took out I detangled each section and then did a two strand twist.

After watching one of Macherieamour's(sp) video I decided to pre-poo with honey. After I took out all the braid(this is after hours and hours of detangling) I sectioned my hair in four. I had my head in the shower just to make my hair wet a little. I then applied the honey. You dont really get that stickiness when the hair is wet. As I didnt have enough honey I put on a shower cup and then scarf and went outside the shop to get more honey.
Ok so there I was in tesco express(mini mart/kwiki mart for my us friends) with honey sliding down my face. I was acting a little nervous, because of these I had people looking at me weird. One thought I was checking him out...but I was checking for the sweet stuff...yes I did lick my face at one point anywho...

I added more honey when I got home. I left the honey in my hair for about an hour while I did some house work. I think rinsed and shampooed. I then applied a mixture of ORS Hair mayonnaise, jojoba oil, vitamine E oil and a tablespoon of Honey. I put on a shower cap and sat under the steamer for about 30mins. Went back to the bathroom and slowly combed each section of the 4 sections line by line with a wide tooth comb and denman brush. I tried to be as gentle as possible this time because I have a habit of rushing the detangling section and moaning about losing too much hair.

After what seemed like two hours of combing I then rinsed out the condtioner. I was afraid that my hair would come out hard because I had the hair mayo in too long so I rinsed and added some VO5 moisture elixir. After 5mins I rinsed and finally got out of the shower.

I lightly towel dryed then sprayed with Aveda's Brilliant Damage control. I also applied some friz izz serum to the ends then blow dryed. THIS IS THE FIRST time I have blow dryed my hair without losing ANY hair at all. After all this detangling and face dripping honey maddness my hair come out moisturised yet so strong caveman himself would have pulled me by the hair and I still wouldnt have lost a strand. ANYWHERE after all that I rushed into the living room to get my bf to take a picture. It was 1am by this time so forgive me if I look a little rough!

I AM NEARLY BRASTRAP!!! This is also the longs my hair has EVER been. I hope to be at brastrap by Dec 2010. I have attached the pictures!
Wow, you've gone through alot with the braids! I can't believe you kept them in for 4 months! I can only do at the most 2 months and I go crazy! Anyway I'm glad everything came out well for yr hair especially with the honey disaster! Yr hair has grown very well indeed!

I'm so excited for you, congratulations!!!! Are you going to keep growing past BSL, or are you going to maintain once you reach that goal?

Wow, you've gone through alot with the braids! I can't believe you kept them in for 4 months! I can only do at the most 2 months and I go crazy! Anyway I'm glad everything came out well for yr hair especially with the honey disaster! Yr hair has grown very well indeed!

I always tell myself that it will only be 4-6 weeks but things get in the way and I say I will get it done the following weekend and that weekend comes with something else. Because I cowash 2-3 times a week so my hair is always moisturised and I wear a scarf to bed or if I am just lazying around at home to it keeps it nice and neat which makes it last long. BUT after my loooooong detangling session this time I hope I have learnt my lesson about the consequences of keeping the braids in toooo long.

I'm so excited for you, congratulations!!!! Are you going to keep growing past BSL, or are you going to maintain once you reach that goal?

As far as growing past BSL, think I will have to learn how to really deal with keeping the tangles at bay before I start thing about managing/growing my hair to butt lenghts:grin:

You grow, girl! I was worried when you mentioned the matting. I'm glad it turned out so well and what a surprise. Congrats. BSL before Dec, babe!

LOVE IT, lol! Congrats on your growth. Your hair looks so thick!

Back