Braids & Work: Individuals vs. Cornrows

2007Grad

This post is kind of related to the one on the Glamour discussion earlier. I'm thinking about getting braids sometime in the next few weeks but I'm having a hard time deciding between cornrows and individuals. While cornrows seem easier, I'm worried that they might not be appropriate (or very well received) in my very, very corporate workplace. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this?

I think it depends all on how you wear them. With individual braids you have more options such as professional looking french rolls, buns and etc. I have my hair i individual braids right now that a slightly bigger than zillions and that are also braided past my collar bone hair. (I used synthetic pony hair... the one with the curl at the end so I won't have to worry about curling it in the morning; lol.) It's been holding up for like a month and half now. This helps me in not becoming bored with one style. I can go from a day to an evening style in like 5 mins.

Cornrows can look professional if you got your hair braided into a bun or french row I suppose. But I think that the individuals look more professional. HTH

Back