Do you get better growth from individual braids, cornrows, twists etc.

Try lacewigtrend I got a nice kinky lacefront from there I also bought a yaki straight one which has held up for two years now . I just give it a bleach bath every now and then and it looks spanking new. I got my lacefront i think for 150$ when i bought it and it's 20" or 22" inches w/3" parting. Look up coupon codes. Standard shipping is 25$ ships pretty fast, well at least it did to Canada. Im looking into getting a full lace unit. Their prices are decent. I think people also buy stuff from aliexpress but im scared lol.

I have a 18" full lace human hair aliexpress unit that I ordered back in February that's been holding up.

Here's the link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unpr...-Wigs-With-Baby-Hair-Bleached/1993033463.html

Holds curling wan Every time I wash it, goes right back to being wavy and just put it in the sink with hot water and shampoo then dc as normal and air dry. Right now I put it back in the box while I wear the havanna twists. Most sellers on aliexpress have really good reviews and it delivers very fast.

My hair does wonders when I live in individual twists (no extentions) that get taken down weekly. I'm going to put in some extensions this week though for some kinky twists...

Any style that hides my ends works for me. As long as I am taking care of my hair (moisture/protein balance, wash & condish,seal the moisture with a butter) then I retain the growth. I got about 3-4.5 inches cut off in January and I am about half way back to where I was pre-cut.

I've been wearing individual plaits under my lace front wigs for 4-6 weeks at a time. They seem to work best for me. I cowash, dc, moisturize and seal, give myself scalp massages and shampoo (when needed) while in the plaits..when I do my take down, I clarify, aphogee 2step, deep condition(moisture) and back in the plaits it goes..My hair seems to be thriving!! Hopefully by Dec I can finally claim APL and move on to other goals

I've been wearing individual plaits under my lace front wigs for 4-6 weeks at a time. They seem to work best for me. I cowash, dc, moisturize and seal, give myself scalp massages and shampoo (when needed) while in the plaits..when I do my take down, I clarify, aphogee 2step, deep condition(moisture) and back in the plaits it goes..My hair seems to be thriving!! Hopefully by Dec I can finally claim APL and move on to other goals

How do you style your singles under your wig, and how many do you do? I want to try them, but can't seem to stop them from looking bulky in spots.

Unfortunately, that price point is about right for a good wig. I only buy mine every 6 months so I consider them an investment and break it down to less than $100 a month. But it still hurts too that big amount come out at one time, but worth it for good wig, IMO.

Keep us posted on your progress!

Will do. For my reference, where do you custom order your wig from?

I have a 18" full lace human hair aliexpress unit that I ordered back in February that's been holding up.

Here's the link:http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Unpr...-Wigs-With-Baby-Hair-Bleached/1993033463.html

Holds curling wan Every time I wash it, goes right back to being wavy and just put it in the sink with hot water and shampoo then dc as normal and air dry. Right now I put it back in the box while I wear the havanna twists. Most sellers on aliexpress have really good reviews and it delivers very fast.

@DanceOnTheSkylines, This doesn't look so expensive. I prefer shorter hair and the 14 inches, lace front is only $120. I might give that a go. Thanks for the recommendation. Any tips for ordering?

@DanceOnTheSkylines, This doesn't look so expensive. I prefer shorter hair and the 14 inches, lace front is only $120. I might give that a go. Thanks for the recommendation. Any tips for ordering?

Measure your head if you haven't already, match it up to the cap sizes they provide so you can pick something that definitely fits well. Consider the density, I think I got standard 120% but really I should've gotten 180% it looks much fuller that way but I wasn't sure of it cost more so I didn't ask and I do still like what I got for my money. Once you place your order the seller will contact you with any questions and they respond very quickly.

How do you style your singles under your wig, and how many do you do? I want to try them, but can't seem to stop them from looking bulky in spots.

There are about 15-20 singles..the size should depend on your density. I am about 25 weeks post relaxer and my new growth is very tightly coiled and likes to clump together..the best way to control tangles for me is to make each individual kind of start off as a cornrow.
I then pin up my ends. I put on my silk scarf on then a wig cap. Im not sure which of these steps help with bulkiness but
I don't have a problem with that..hope I helped

Last edited:
Ali express is working on my last nerve. I've been trying to purchase a damn wig for 2 days but every time they cancel the order and send me some email to provide a copy of my ID, my credit card and my bank statement (i.e. open myself up to identity theft online). Of course I'm not going to give them that. Never in all my time on earth has any company asked me for all this to prove my CC isn't stolen. I've emailed seller to ask about paying through PP instead. Hopefully, he agrees.

My wig came and it looks amazing. It's a bit longer than I like at 14 inches but it's a full lace wig so I'll wear it in a bun. I highly recommend the wig supplier recommended above. He was very nice and shipping was really fast. Just in case anyone is still reading this thread :D:D:p

I'm in individual braids right now but I see growth with either options (cornrolls/ wigging it) so hopefully I'll get good results with indiv braids.

Plus i'm applying green magic to my scalp 2xs a week and spraying a mix of leave in/water to the length of the braids.

Back