Braids... Please Help!!

choqlat

I've decided to braid my hair this weekend in individuals. My hair is natural, but I will blowdry straight before braiding so that the look is neat. I know how to braid flat, but I need suggestions on if I need to add any product, and how to section the braid hair. I have heard of people using gel or grease to braid - is that necessary? Also, how do you know how much braid hair to use on each section? I think that I am going to pace myself over friday, saturday and sunday. Any suggestions that you can give so that my braids come out great would be apprieciated!!

TIA! /images/graemlins/clap.gif
choqlat

One of the things that have worked for me while I wear braids is to oil( castor,or EVOO) the ends of my hair and and spray my scalp ( I normally use Sta Sof Fro) This will prevent the hair from being dry.

Now the size and how much hair to use for each braid depends on how long you are keeping your braids in for, or the style of braids you want, For example if you are doing micro braids, you section your hair smaller. Hair is normally started from the back of the head, working towards the front. My stylist starts by first "parting" my hair horizontially, then braiding within that row. If you don't plan on keeping your braids in long, do medium sized box braids- hair is sectioned in even boxes. The crown of glory method also works well. There it is encourage that braids be pencil- sized. I hope this helps

I just bought the braid video, and her tips and instructions were very helpful...
[ QUOTE ]
carletta said:
here's the link to crown & glory method, www.growafrohairlong.com I'm getting my braids done as we speak!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Back