Braids are gone weave is in!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I got tired of the tree braids because they started to look like a hot mess. I decided to try some sew in weave.

I think I did an ok job. I think I will get better with pratice.

I put in my album how I did it step by step. This is in no way instructions. Just how I achieved my look.

Take a look! Weave

Lookin' great! You go gurl!
party.gif
trampoline.gif
weird.gif
party2.gif

Wow DSD. You did an amazing job! How long did the whole process take you? HOw long do you intend to have your weave?

Girl you are too much. I love your instructional thingys! I'm so happy it turned out well. I could never do that in a million years!

DSD,

You have the best attitude! Have you weaved often in the past, or is it your 1st try? You look like a million bucks, doll.
shocked.gif

That is amazing!!!!! Looks fantastic! I can imagine that it will be easier to cut out the thread (when you remove it)with the cornrows running from top to bottom instead of side to side.

Details, DSD, I need details! How long did it take you from start to finish. Is this your first attempt?

Looks like you did a good job!

DSD,

That is SO cute. I might have to do that, either on myself or practice on someone else. How long did that take you?

You did a wonderful job DSD!!! Do tell, what happened w/the tree braids? How long were you able to keep them?

I think it looks really good. I use to do the same style when I was growing out a cut. I used wavy hair instead so that I wouldn't have to straighten my hair in the front for blending. It will get easier the more you do it.

Hey DSD!!!
wave.gif

Your hair looks marvelous! You are so talented. I could learn a few hair styling tricks from you.

sunnydey
Rose.gif

Thanks everyone! :blushing:

I will probably wear it for about a month maybe longer. I will probably get bored with it cause I can only wear it one way.

Sassygirl, I made the t-shirt with transfers that I printed on my computer.

For all those who want to know how long it took...forever!

I had to stop and start so much it wasn't funny.But realistically about 8 hours. It took me the longests to braid the cornrows.

In the past I have done glue in weaves and only one sew in about 6 or seven years ago. But I didn't do it like I did it this time. This is all new to me.

[ QUOTE ]
sengschick said:
You did a wonderful job DSD!!! Do tell, what happened w/the tree braids? How long were you able to keep them?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks!
The tree braids just started looking raggedy. They started coming up in the front from all of the newgrowth and my hair started coming out of the braids in the front. I had to get rid of that hot mess of a hairstyle!

Keylargo, I may have to try the wavy in the future. Sounds easier to manage.

Sunny, Girl you know i will hook you up with some info!

DSD, have you ever used the needle that's shaped like a "C"? You will LOVE it as opposed to the bent shaped one.
smile.gif

Back