Braiding Question

Me2

Have you ever started from the top of your head when braiding your hair? I have no days this week therefore no time to do my hair. I was thinking about starting from the top. This way I can use the top braids to cover the unbraided hair and not look like a total nut in public. Do you think this will work? TIA

Hi Me2,

To be honest i have yet to braid or twist the whole of my head :lol: .

As the front of my hair grows so slowly I just plait the front quarter of my hair - the part that won't pull back into a pony tail. It all falls forward and/or to the sides or i pin them back. the rest is in a small puff. I think it looks fine.

I've heard of people braiding a few rows around the edges (front, back and sides) and working inward that way you can pull it into a ponytailor bun and cover the unfinished part. When I braided my hair last December I couldn't finish the top in time to go out to dinner so I just did a few rows in the front the back and sides were already done. I just gathered it up to cover the ubraided part.

Thanks ladies! I'm going to try it...if I ever sit down and finish taking the current ones out. Not enough time in the day!

hrtbndr21 said:
I've heard of people braiding a few rows around the edges (front, back and sides) and working inward that way you can pull it into a ponytailor bun and cover the unfinished part. When I braided my hair last December I couldn't finish the top in time to go out to dinner so I just did a few rows in the front the back and sides were already done. I just gathered it up to cover the ubraided part.
This is exactly what I do when i get lazy. Once I never even bothered finishing my braids. :look:

I'm actually braiding my hair as we speak. LOL
I'm just braiding my own hair. I take a day to braid it, because it's rather short. And, because I'm lazy and take breaks. Like now.

But I have to start in random sections. Otherwise I get bored, and pull it out.

And if I just do the front, then, I will just keep the front braided, because I can still rock it.

I section it, and pick random sections and braid that way. I have a bit of the back left..

*phew*

Back