Braiding Classes in MD

ms_kenesha

There are braiding classes being offered at Prince George's Community College for $30 a class.

OCC360. The Art of Braiding
For personal or professional use, this hands-on class covers sanitation, scalp care, and professional procedures for braiding introductory basic and African American braiding styles. Certificates will be awarded for completion of each level. Make-ups will NOT be offered. No exceptions. Separate materials purchases will be required for all classes. Text required: Natural Haircare and Braiding (Malady, Pub.) Instructors: Marsulette Walker and Shanti Walker each session $30 , plus materials.

The Art of Braiding: Level 1
6098 or M, 6/2 7-10 p.m Main Campus 6099
Bring a pen and paper.

The Art of Braiding: Level 2
6100 or M, 6/9 7-10 p.m. Main Campus
Bring a mannequin, kanekalon hair braids, scissors, lighter, and both a rattail and a large-toothed comb to class. Prerequisite: Level 1.

The Art of Braiding: Level 3
6102 or M, 6/16 7-10 p.m. Main Campus
Bring human and synthetic hair to class. Prerequisite: Level 2.

The Art of Braiding: Level 4
6104 or M, 6/23 7-10 p.m. Main Campus
Bring beads/yarn and synthetic hair to class. Prerequisite: Level 3.

The Art of Braiding: Level 5
6106 or M, 6/30 7-10 p.m. Main Campus
Bring beads/yarn and human and synthetic hair to class. Prerequisite: Level 4.

Hey Ms. Kenesha,

Thank you for posting this information. I have always wanted to learn how to braid so these classes sound perfect, I just have to check how far PG Communtiy College is from me
smile.gif

ms keenesha,

I'm so jealous!!
mad.gif
I've always wanted to know how to cornrow. Please let us know how your classes turn out. I want to see pictures of your work too.

Ooh girl, thanks for telling us!

I just have a problem with the lateness of the time though. Why so late? I don't think Metro runs that late out there.
nono.gif

No prob. everyone!

I'm so happy that they're having these classes! I will take pics of my work and be using my man and my lil sis as experimental heads!
smile.gif

I am soooo jealous I would love to perfect hair braiding because my daughter always looks a hot mess after 3-4 days and I want them to last at least a week

Back