Braided Ladies...

glamazon386

Anyone DCing while in braids? I did a search but couldn't really find any info. I've been using braid spray and an oil every few days. Those are fine for regular maintenance but I usually DC my hair once a week. I don't want it to get dry and brittle while I'm in these braids. If so, what products are you using to DC and how (Plastic Cap, Dryer, etc...)? TIA...

I DC while braided. I used Aveda last time and it over-moisturized my hair. It was mushy madness at takedown. :mad: I'm still planning to DC, but I'm going to use amla tea or products that can double as a leave-in like Salerm.

Anyway, I use a plastic grocery store bag (braids won't fit in shower caps anymore) and the soft bonnet drier for about 1/2 an hour once a week.

I don't DC while I'm in braids. I use a spray leave-in conditioner and don't DC until I take my braids out every 8 weeks. I try not to use very many products when my hair is in braids.

I'm not currently braided, but I never DC'd when I was. I do condition the edges when they become loose after a few weeks. I use a watery leave in. I want to avoid build up that causes "lock knots".

I don't have braids right now but I should be getting my hair braided on Saturday. I plan on leaving themin for 6-8 weeks. I don't plan to deep condition. Trying to avoid product build up. I will be washing everyweek (with CON), using a leave in with infusium and of course braid spray (typical Crown and Glory)

Back