Braided Buddies

I wear the cornrow/individual style and I am relaxed. This is what I do-after a touch up I wait at least 2 weeks. I also stretch for 3-4 months at a time and each rebraid has more new growth to work with. It also is crucial to have a braider that understands not to try and braid your scalp! Snug and neat is one thing but forehead and eye lifts are not cute.

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm getting mine done on the 28th - individuals with synthetic hair. I plan on paying for the first set and redoing myself to help me get through the winter. Maybe I'll leave them in until my birthday in april....]

If I find that the synthetic hair is drying me out gradually switch to human hair as I redo them. I'm excited to put away some of the bottles and brushes that are all over my sink right now!

I've never had a problem with synthetic hair, but please try to wash and condition fake hair first before applying the braids.

Count me in ladies! I am getting yarn braids on Saturday and had a question:
-can I still do Robin's C&G method?

thanks in advance ladies,
tishee

I know this post is way old, but how did your yarn braids turn out? Did the yarn suck up moisture? Or take a long time to dry? I also heard that there might be a smell? Could you take care of the braids the same way you did crown and glory. Was there any type of build up? How was it taking them down? How did you seal the ends. TIA.

I am getting my hair braided today or tomorrow. I've already removed the alkaline base from the hair. I use Beverly Johnson #2. I have African Royale braid Spray. The last time I used infusium 23 it left my hair a hot mess and i dumped it down the toilet, that's how bad it was. I got it from Sallys. Although the bottles look different now. I was wondering if there was anything else I could use on my hair as a strengther other than Infusium 23. I used Surge a few years back, but from experience it's really hard to find. So does anyone know any substitutes that I could find at a BSS or maybe CVS, Rite Aid, Shoprite or Walmart. TIA:spinning:

I'm actually getting Senegalese twists instead of braids, because my hair was damaged and I had to get it cut (still in grief counseling behind that...). So in an effort to grow my hair back which is all nape length, I will be incorporating my MT. I will keep re doing my twist, which will be my new signature style for a year. Maybe longer than that... I also made my own mixture consisting of Castor oil, peppermint Oil, EVOO and the Avocado Mist by Mega Tek to spray on my twists...wish a sista luck

I know this thread is OLD, but I'm going to get braids! :rolleyes: I can't decide between small, waist-length individuals or hh micros) starting in August until the end of the year.

I crochet braided my hair, using Freetress Water Wave (Thanks to toysvoice, on youtube). I've had the hair in for about a month. It looks better the older it gets. Unfortunately, I can't find the hair locally. I purchased 3 bags from Beauty of New York and did both my daughter's and my hair. The shipping costs were over $8! However, I was able to do both heads with 3 bags. I'm making it my mission to find this hair TODAY! I redid my daughter's hair with a brand called Mystikal, but it was booty. Wish me luck!

Back