Braid Sealer?

Jaelin

Yesterday I finished giving myself some yarn braids after braiding on and off for three days. They were supposed to be yarn twists but after I did two twists I decided I didn't like how slack/fluffy they looked and switched to just braiding all the way to end. The problem I have is sealing the ends.

I had bought a pack of cigarette lighters - the first one, the top broke off after I did four braids. I burned myself after touching the metal top of the second one, and decided to switch between the second and third one, to allow one to cool down before switching to the other. So after more fingertip burns, I barely did half of the back of my head and left the rest for today.

The damn things refuse to start/spark, I have been trying on and off all day. I guess I should have left them some place warm over night? Anyway, just frustrated by sealing the ends. I tied a simple knot in all of them and cut off as much of the excess yarn that I could but I still need to seal them. I have been looking online and there is a video about a braid sealer by hot tools. In fact that's the only brand I see on amazon and ebay.

Has anyone used it? and would it work on acrylic yarn?

I'm tempted to get it without knowing if it works on yarn but I know if it turned out not to work it would just be sitting around until I decided to get regular braids. I pretty much only get braids once a year during winter, if I do it at all.

Good to know it works for regular braids.:-)

Back