Braid out

syze6

What are you ladies using for your braid outs. Do you corn row or twist? I heard someone mention wave neaveau before. What products gives the best results without looking dry.

I prefer to cornrow most braidouts. I make anywhere from 3 to 8 cornrows. I have discovered that Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Cream works well for this purpose, and the hair is left nice and soft to the touch and to the eye.

For the life of me, I cannot cornrow... anyother way to get the braid out look without cornrowing. I just tried plaits (individuals... whatever you want to call it) and it did not come out nice.
Will twist achieve this look?

I actually prefer two-strand flat twists to cornrows for the look your referring to. Twists give a softer, fuller wave. But I'm guessing if you can't cornrow, you may not be able to flat twist either. Individual twists can also work; the results will vary depending on hair type, thickness, technique, if done wet or dry, etc.

Shortness, bantu knots are another alternative and until I got my braidout technique perfected, I use duckbills...they created a GORGEOUS wave without me getting frustrated. Braidouts take practice, IMO.

I don't put anything more in my hair for a braidout. After making 4 plaits(regular, simple braids) on my airdried hair and wearing it overnight, I have nice, deep waves without too much shrinkage. The only product is the leave-in and oils I put on my hair before airdrying.

Divine Inspiration - Duckbills to make waves?! :) That sounds very interesting and a very easy alternative for those who are braid challenged. I don't think I've seen that technique on this board before.

Isis said:
Divine Inspiration - Duckbills to make waves?! :) That sounds very interesting and a very easy alternative for those who are braid challenged. I don't think I've seen that technique on this board before.

YES!!! I need to patent it and put my name it. Divine's Duckbill Set is what I'll call it. :lachen: But for real, I like the way it turns out, and it bought me some time while I was learning bantu knots and such. Maybe I should do a tutorial and put it in my fotki :lol:

Divine Inspiration said:
YES!!! I need to patent it and put my name it. Divine's Duckbill Set is what I'll call it. :lachen: But for real, I like the way it turns out, and it bought me some time while I was learning bantu knots and such. Maybe I should do a tutorial and put it in my fotki :lol:
Yes! Divine's Duckbill Set sounds good to me! Please do share your technique in your fotki (or elsewhere!). :yep:

i just tried it using twists and i love it! this was my first time doing twists and it was pretty easy. it didn't look like it was going to turn out to well but i was pleasantly surprised. the waves are much bigger and smoother than with actual braids.

good luck to you. practice make perfect!

Back