Braid out revolution??

Choclatcotton

I seemed to have started a revelution with my hair. I mostly wear braid outs and it seems because of my sucess and the way they come out, i have won over many women in my circle, at church, it seems the whole church has gone natural. At school i will start a class and the next few weeks or months notice some white girl has asked me questions, or complimented me and they come in with permed textured hair. WHat about you? have u influenced anyone in your community?

i would love to see this earth shattering braid out:grin: pics pretty please......and product list:yep:

but to answer the question, no- at least not yet. Ive had my hair in braids for the past year so no one has really seen it yet. My mom debates going natural, maybe when she sees my hair she might convert to the dark and kinky side

I know what you mean, OP. Braid and curls are my go to style and when people see me at work or out and about I get lots of comments on my hair. I think it's the perfect curls the perm rods give on the ends that folks love or the realization that black hair can grow. I can count three family members and several friends who have transitioned to natural after seeing my hair and me encouraging them to try going natural. I love the pattern of a braid out more than a twist out because the pattern mimics my natural 4A/4B pattern just more stretched out.

Once people realize it's not a weave, people always think its my natural pattern or their hair will never do what my hair does, but I let them know they can do it too with the right tools and products.

Yeah starchgirl, i know someone who says i must have "Good hair" LOL! These folx are hilarious with the comments. I prefer braid outs, rather then twist outs on my hair due to better definition. I just have to learn how to upload pics.

I'm not natural but people think that I am. I sometimes get looks and double takes when I wear my braidouts or WNG. You can tell that they want to ask or say something, but they rather just stare and look crazy.

I think I have influenced my sister in taking better care of her hair. She has adopted cowashes, wearing a bonnet at night and streching relaxers.

Back