Braid out help please....lol

DangerouslyShy

Ok i have a problem I washed my hair let it air dry than blowdried it a little with some meadowfoam and jojoba oil mixed in my hair....than i sprayed it with s curl.. than cornrowed it up....wore a satin scarf to bed applied oil to my scalp when i woke up between the braids and put my stocking cap on and my wig...

when i came home from work i took my cornrows out because i wanted to wear a braid out the rest of the day (plus the wig was giving me a headache)...but everytime i do a braid out my hair in the back never holds the style...it is always straight or as straight as it can be right now...

I am stretching my texturizer right now so i have an abundance of new growth..shouldnt it be holding styles better since i have alot of new growth?

any ideas or suggestions ?
here are some pictures for reference

http://public.fotki.com/DangerouslyShy/growth_challenge/braid_out_texture/

also if anyone knows what my hair type is let me know...

thank you...i think its a 4a/3c....thanks in advance

Usually if somethng like this happens to me, and I had braids in my hair all night and day, it's because there is too much product in my hair.

After I wash and condition and put my leave-in and oils on my wet hair, I airdry and I don't add anything more to my hair once it is dry, except to moisturize my ends. Caruso rollers are great for rolling up the end also.

Have you tried applying a little setting lotion to your hair before you braid it? I think if you rolled the ends of the braids the night before, that might give your hair enough hold and curl in the morning.

eta: Your hair color is soo pretty!

Kha said:
Have you tried applying a little setting lotion to your hair before you braid it? I think if you rolled the ends of the braids the night before, that might give your hair enough hold and curl in the morning.

eta: Your hair color is soo pretty!
thanks Kha i loved it too but it really did damage to my hair...

i will try the setting lotion and rods on the ends of my hair...

does anyone know my hair type ?

I don't have any advice; I just wanted to tell you that your hair is getting really thick and it's pretty!

Also, I think your hair is 3b/3c :)

Sorry to hear that about the damaging color. I think your hair is a 3b/3c...

DangerouslyShy said:
thanks Kha i loved it too but it really did damage to my hair...

i will try the setting lotion and rods on the ends of my hair...

does anyone know my hair type ?

Hey DShy,

I think it was the use of the scurl that did it. I found that when my hair is not too moist (meaning wet moist) it comes out much better. I learned this from Kombov_Dymond. Her braid-out was so defined and so I asked her all her tips. It worked great for me. The perm rods work great on the ends. I used to do that a lot, but then I decided to try it how KDymond does her ends which is bantu knot them. I like that a little better. Check her album for her braidout pics. My album also has braid out pics.

HTH

Dangerous, didn't u say that yr hair still had relaxer on the ends? Maybe that's why yr ends are strait....by the way, yr hair is getting longer...I'm jealous...lol! Why not keep yr cornrows in for a day and see if your braidout will last...just another thought. ;-D

I agree with Kaddy. I'm a braidout enthusiast and I noticed that when I put scurl on my hair before cornrowing it, my hair didn't come out as defined because it was super moist from the scurl.

Natrlchallenge said:
Dangerous, didn't u say that yr hair still had relaxer on the ends? Maybe that's why yr ends are strait....by the way, yr hair is getting longer...I'm jealous...lol! Why not keep yr cornrows in for a day and see if your braidout will last...just another thought. ;-D
yea my ends are still relaxed but they still usually end up being wavy.... well at least the front part...

thanks frankie!!

Back