BRA STRAP ACHIEVED!!! (long)

greenidlady1

Hi ladies,

YIPPEE!!!!

I am doing the cabbage patch, the electric slide and the smurf because I have reached my first goal!! Last Friday I got my touch up and my goal was to have ends that wouldn't need a trim.

So for the last 10 weeks, I have only used heat twice. Uggh! I never realized how much I used my curling iron- even after I 'cut down' on my usage.

Other than that, it's been rollersets, buns, homemade moisture spray, conditioner washes- the whole thing. Really, my only goal was to have her not need to trim. I really trust my stylist and she knows that if my ends are damaged, I want them gone. Otherwise she knows not to even bring scissors near my head.

So, she was blow drying me out and my hair was so thick that she commented on it. The comb even got caught a few times. She said it was straighted fine, it was just a lot thicker than usual. I held my breath when she was done, and she said that the ends were even, looking good and she wouldn't need to trim!!!

I told her I wanted to start dancing, but I'd look a little strange getting my groove on in the salon. She told me that she was just outdone and proud of me for taking such good care of my hair.

When I got home, I held my hair straight down and it reached bra strap. I am so happy. Everyone at my job said it just looks great and I should wear it down all the time. Even my friends who have been calling my a school marm and a nun for wearing my hair in a bun have been asking me how to stretch out relaxers, etc.

Ladies, you can do this! I promise. If I can do it, anyone can!! Even if it seems like nothing is happening, if you're taking good care of your hair you're making progress. Happy growing everyone!!
smile.gif

God Bless!!
G

Congratulations!!!
clap.gif
I think brastrap would be too much for me to handle, so I'm aiming for a couple of inches past shoulder length. What length did you start with and how long did it take for you to reach your goal?
Excuse my nosiness
dork.gif

clap.gif
Congrats to you!

If I may ask: How long did it take to grow out?...where did you start at? and will you be posting any pics soon?

I love to hear about hair journeys!

dance7.gif

[ QUOTE ]
asummertyme said:
congrats!!
OK NOW WE NEED PICURES!

[/ QUOTE ]

Congratulations!!! I agree, where are the pictures?
laugh.gif

Thanks Nicki6!!

I started with hair a little under shoulder length and now it's around 23 1/2 -24 inches. I think it's taken about six to eight months to get two - three inches.

God Bless,
G

Back