Bothersome buns

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Okay everyone, I've been trying to be good... but I caught a glimpse of myself. So I'm riding the train minding my own business. I look over to the window and see my own reflection and I look like I'm 3 instead of 30 with this darn bun! I don't even know if I would classify what I do as a bun. I put my har into a ponytail and just don't pull the last portion all the way through the ponytail holder, so my ends are still in the holder and there's what looks like just the bottom part of a bun. Anyway, I'm tired of it! By LHCF standards, I feel like I'm bald- could someone please suggest some nice looking buns for my length? I've seen some beautiful buns, but on longer hair. I gave my 3/4 wig a rest, ut I may go hide under it again... help!:whyme: I ordered a few flexi clips, so that'll help me with more mature looking styles and I've been using my hair zings too.

Can u do a loose french roll instead with hair pins? I like that look much better on myself. I really dont think I look good with my hair pulled back tightly...my head is too big. It really looks best down...or half up/half down..and if its up it has to be some kind of loose pinup so I dont look like an alien. Im really not a fan of protective styles...mainly on myself :nono:

Can u do a loose french roll instead with hair pins? I like that look much better on myself. I really dont think I look good with my hair pulled back tightly...my head is too big. It really looks best down...or half up/half down..and if its up it has to be some kind of loose pinup so I dont look like an alien. Im really not a fan of protective styles...mainly on myself :nono:

Do you mean with the bottom and middle of the roll pinned and like loose curls at the top? *trying to imagine*

Who says you have to wear a bun, get thee to ebay and buy some beautiful french twist combs and youlll be set! It will look grown, sessy, and sophisticated. Sand down any unsmooth edges on them first.

They look a little someihing like this:

HTH

Softresses

Who says you have to wear a bun, get thee to ebay and buy some beautiful french twist combs and youlll be set! It will look grown, sessy, and sophisticated. Sand down any unsmooth edges on them first.

They look a little someihing like this:

HTH

Softresses

Thank you so much for the comb idea... I went to ebay and saw some really beautiful ones.

You are very welcome. There is no reason you have to wear the same styles everyday. I use combs in different ways, and experiment. I have some pics in my gallery of some of the styes I make with them an also with clips. If your hair is long enough to make a pony and double it up you should have no problem with these.

Softresses

Back