Bored with my hair!!!

tdillz

Hey everyone!!! I'm fastly approaching my 2 year nappiversary on December 19th and I'm bored with my hair!!!! I have very very curly tight coils and it's cute for show but sometimes it's hard to manage. I feel like my hair has been the same length since my one year nappiversary!!! I don't think I have the face to big chop again but it was easier when I could just get up and go! My hair doesn't want to cooperate when it comes to any other manipulation style such as twist outs or braid outs and shrinkage is my worst pet peeve bc my hair is wayyy longer than what it appears! I colored a few times in the last year or so and that still didn't change my mood about being bored with it so on my birthday oct 15 I went back to her black and I love it! But I'm still bored. I'm torn bc I want my hair to grow but it's wintertime and breakage is gonna kill me, part of me wants to big chop again but I don't know if I have the confidence to pull it off again, or just break down and get a sew in or braids? I don't feel like myself anymore in wigs. I just don't know anymore! What should I do? Pictured here is when I had color and the jet black is my current length but it matches up to my length check pics and tje other pic is a "protective style" Marley bun which is cute for a few days but it's hard for me to keep up bc it doesn't actually protect my hair it hurts it!

Attachments

• image-163670741.jpg
    image-163670741.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 148
  • image-2062345993.jpg
    image-2062345993.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 159
  • image-114944955.jpg
    image-114944955.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 144
  • image-928665846.jpg
    image-928665846.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 133
  • image-1636921295.jpg
    image-1636921295.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 163
  • image-1421414663.jpg
    image-1421414663.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 141
OP - love the bun and your perfect coils! Boredom happens to the best of us. When I'm feeling that way, I either get crochet braids, break out one of my wigs or put it in a long term protective style. An extended break from the daily care of my hair always make me miss my hair after a few weeks!

Tuck away your hair for a long winter's break and in 6 to 8 weeks you'll be back in love with her again.

OP - love the bun and your perfect coils! Boredom happens to the best of us. When I'm feeling that way, I either get crochet braids, break out one of my wigs or put it in a long term protective style. An extended break from the daily care of my hair always make me miss my hair after a few weeks! Tuck away your hair for a long winter's break and in 6 to 8 weeks you'll be back in love with her again.

Thank u sooo much! I love my curls too but sometimes it's the hardest texture to deal with!!! When it's freshly washed and moisturized it's amazing but when it needs the moisture and right before bed that's the problem. I throw my bonnet on bc I can't stretch my hair too far bc it won't stay of I braid it or twist it. I guess I could braid it, it would give me something to do. I just can't do wigs bc i feel funny after I put one on. I couldn't even tell u why. Maybe because I'm used to the lightness of my head without wigs or weaves or braids. I feel burdened or restricted when I do get the braids sometimes. But I need to think about it more about what winter style I want to do bc we already have snow here in Rochester! And I've done braids for a while and like u said I do miss my hair just not the maintenance behind it lol

I love Your hair! Is your hair naturally that dark? I havw to dye my hair to get it that dark! I love it!

Thank u!! I recently dyed my hair jet black, but my hair is a natural black shade, when all my life as a relaxed head I thought my hair was brown lol ! If u do dye it post pics!!!! I did miss my black hair because I can accept my hair being two toned but when it was just the tips it got annoying to look at everyday lol.

Not even trying to be funny, OP, but what more could you do with your hair that wouldn't be boring?
You've colored it light, gone back to dark, styled Marley buns, had wigs, had weaves, had braids... Girl what's left? Lol.
Anytime I change up my style that effectively cures my boredom. Is there something you've been dying to do or try but didn't think you had the skill or nerve to try? Do that!

And never one to encourage PJism, but I have to ask if you've discovered your HGs yet?
My coils might be a teeny bit looser than yours but even so, I have (and I'm sure lots of others on this board have too) discovered techniques and products that have revolutionized my initial ideas of what my natural hair is/can be. Though a bumpy ride, the search for HGs could hardly be called boring. If you're lucky to discover them quickly, and with change still in your pockets, your hair will thank you!

HTHs! :-)

Sent using LHCF app

I alternate from curly to straight very often so I don't get bored. Maybe you should consider straightening it.

Not even trying to be funny, OP, but what more could you do with your hair that wouldn't be boring? You've colored it light, gone back to dark, styled Marley buns, had wigs, had weaves, had braids... Girl what's left? Lol. Anytime I change up my style that effectively cures my boredom. Is there something you've been dying to do or try but didn't think you had the skill or nerve to try? Do that! And never one to encourage PJism, but I have to ask if you've discovered your HGs yet? My coils might be a teeny bit looser than yours but even so, I have (and I'm sure lots of others on this board have too) discovered techniques and products that have revolutionized my initial ideas of what my natural hair is/can be. Though a bumpy ride, the search for HGs could hardly be called boring. If you're lucky to discover them quickly, and with change still in your pockets, your hair will thank you! HTHs! :-) Sent using LHCF app

I think I'm just looking for a way to make my hair more manageable! When it comes to my natural hair, I'm the wash and go girl bc my hair likes that style the most bc it doesn't like to manipulate into different styles like braid outs and twist outs because it won't stay... That's where the Boredom stems from. I usually rock a wash and go or a Fro everyday. There's only so many hair accessories I can wear before I get bored. Lol just sayin... What's HGs?

I alternate from curly to straight very often so I don't get bored. Maybe you should consider straightening it.

I've thought about straightening it many times but idk if I trust anyone to do it and I sure don't trust myself bc of possible heat damage. I like my curls but I'm just paranoid to do it. I take that back I have straightened a back section of my hair and even tho my hair looks thick, it's mega thin ( like fresh perm thin) when I straightened it and I was actually waiting to straighten my hair when it's like bsl.

HGs are Holy Grails. (This forum has a hilarious sense of humor.) Holy Grails, as related to products, is something you've been searching for your whole healthy hair journey you didn't even realize you were looking for until you found it.

For me, some HG products and techniques were: Shea Moisture's pink line shampoo, long term protective styles, Shea butter, oil rinsing, henna... I have quite a list.

I'm always doing treatments and such when my hair is in a long term protective style (or lurking in these forums to see what others are doing with THEIR hair) to stop myself from changing my style more often. I LOVE to play in my hair. If I could get away with it, I'd wear it loose and play in it every day. But I'm trying to be waist length next year. I got a schedule to keep. Lol

Have you seen Jouelzy on YouTube for ideas? Apparently she's got some great ideas for 4C+ hair types...

HTH! :-)

I think I'm just looking for a way to make my hair more manageable! When it comes to my natural hair, I'm the wash and go girl bc my hair likes that style the most bc it doesn't like to manipulate into different styles like braid outs and twist outs because it won't stay... That's where the Boredom stems from. I usually rock a wash and go or a Fro everyday. There's only so many hair accessories I can wear before I get bored. Lol just sayin... What's HGs?

Sent using LHCF app

((HUGS))
Hang in there girl!

When I get bored, I have to protect my hair from myself in braids or cornrows under wigs. I like the cornrows and wigs b/c I can rock them all week and rock my fro on the weekend. If I don't protect it, I'm likely to cut it :(

By doing this, PSing, I was able to make it through the in-between stage. Now that my hair is longer, I'm glad I did. My hair has never been this long and healthy in my life! :)

Maybe you can try a new style of wigs. I had a lot of fun with pixie cut wigs and then bobs. You can also try different colors if that'll help. I stay away from big, curly wigs as they take away from the "wow-factor" of my fro. That way I'm still happy to see her when I let her out instead of comparing her to my wig.

HTH! :)

Girl, you need to start getting used to some cute wigs! Look at reviews and get some realistic looking ones. Also crochet styles (you can get braids, twists, loose hair) are easy to install and a great ps. Your hair will retain since your hair is just cornrowed AND you'll get a different look.

HGs are Holy Grails. (This forum has a hilarious sense of humor.) Holy Grails, as related to products, is something you've been searching for your whole healthy hair journey you didn't even realize you were looking for until you found it. For me, some HG products and techniques were: Shea Moisture's pink line shampoo, long term protective styles, Shea butter, oil rinsing, henna... I have quite a list. I'm always doing treatments and such when my hair is in a long term protective style (or lurking in these forums to see what others are doing with THEIR hair) to stop myself from changing my style more often. I LOVE to play in my hair. If I could get away with it, I'd wear it loose and play in it every day. But I'm trying to be waist length next year. I got a schedule to keep. Lol Have you seen Jouelzy on YouTube for ideas? Apparently she's got some great ideas for 4C+ hair types... HTH! :-) Sent using LHCF app

I shoulda know that one! I've been on this forum from about 2006 or 2007 and I still haven't learned all the lingo yet lol I do have some holy grail products like Giovanni direct leave in and olive oil Eco styler gel but I don't have a real good set regimen yet and it's been 2 years lol. I haven't heard of her I will check her out! I'm not big on protective styling but I do do it from time to time lol

((HUGS)) Hang in there girl! When I get bored, I have to protect my hair from myself in braids or cornrows under wigs. I like the cornrows and wigs b/c I can rock them all week and rock my fro on the weekend. If I don't protect it, I'm likely to cut it :( By doing this, PSing, I was able to make it through the in-between stage. Now that my hair is longer, I'm glad I did. My hair has never been this long and healthy in my life! :) Maybe you can try a new style of wigs. I had a lot of fun with pixie cut wigs and then bobs. You can also try different colors if that'll help. I stay away from big, curly wigs as they take away from the "wow-factor" of my fro. That way I'm still happy to see her when I let her out instead of comparing her to my wig. HTH! :)

I feel u I just hBe to be more consistent when it comes to protective styling! Bc I will keep my hair braided for a month then not get it braided for a while. I would have to get some curly wigs bc I could have fun with those.

((HUGS)) Hang in there girl! When I get bored, I have to protect my hair from myself in braids or cornrows under wigs. I like the cornrows and wigs b/c I can rock them all week and rock my fro on the weekend. If I don't protect it, I'm likely to cut it :( By doing this, PSing, I was able to make it through the in-between stage. Now that my hair is longer, I'm glad I did. My hair has never been this long and healthy in my life! :) Maybe you can try a new style of wigs. I had a lot of fun with pixie cut wigs and then bobs. You can also try different colors if that'll help. I stay away from big, curly wigs as they take away from the "wow-factor" of my fro. That way I'm still happy to see her when I let her out instead of comparing her to my wig. HTH! :)

My problem Is that I'm not consistent with protective styling Ill keep it up for a month or so then go back to my hair maybe that's my problem lol ill look for some cute wigs and see what happens I might get braids or a sew in who knows lol

Girl, you need to start getting used to some cute wigs! Look at reviews and get some realistic looking ones. Also crochet styles (you can get braids, twists, loose hair) are easy to install and a great ps. Your hair will retain since your hair is just cornrowed AND you'll get a different look.

Hmmm I'll keep looking lol

I have been wearing Bantu knot out twist outs. This style is so cute. No heat needed and hair comes out smooth. I am a 4a/4b combo. Even my 10 year wears her hair like this. I will do the initial set, then she maintains by doing 2 large Bantu knots before bed.

I have been wearing Bantu knot out twist outs. This style is so cute. No heat needed and hair comes out smooth. I am a 4a/4b combo. Even my 10 year wears her hair like this. I will do the initial set, then she maintains by doing 2 large Bantu knots before bed.

Oh girl I've tried many of days and it's failed! My hair doesn't respond well to be manipulated other than a wash and go.. The struggle!!!

Back