Bonnet VS Hood Dryer

lunalight7

At the salon, I sit under the dryer for about 45 minutes...an hour tops. At home, it takes 2 hours under my bonnet dryer to dry my roller sets...whats up with that?

IMO, the salon dryers seem to be hotter than 'at home' dryers. I have a hard bonnet dryer and a soft bonnet dryer.

lunalight7, are you using the same size and number of rollers that they use in the salon?

I use a bonnet dryer, but plan to get a hooded dryer when my hair gets longer. My other hooded dryer died years ago.

My hair dries in the same amount of time whether I use a hard bonnet, soft bonnet or get it done in the salon (years ago).

I have a hood dryer at home and spend 30 minutes tops under mine.

[ QUOTE ]
IMO, the salon dryers seem to be hotter than 'at home' dryers. I have a hard bonnet dryer and a soft bonnet dryer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Professional dryers have more wattage power. I have 4 soft bonnets. 2 of them are 425 watts The other 2 are 375...there is a big difference drying time. Also if the bonnet is too snug( a problem when you use bigger rollers) there less room for the air to circulate. Another reason why salon dryers work better. I was told the stand up one at Sally's dries really well...but I'm too lazy to sit under one. I'd rather do the soft bonnet and sit back and read, surf the net or take a quick nap. I also put the 'caption on' on my TV and watch a movie.

Thanx ladies. Ill have to check the wattage on mine. I also suspect u r right, sweetcocoa re: the snug thing...I dont know what Ill do when my hair graduates to grey rollers because the purple ones barely fit now!!!

Back