Bohyme Brizilian Hair

luvmesumhair

Has anyone used this type of hair and was successful in keeping it tame?

I notice some women used this hair and the hair seems to really grow big throughout the day. How would I be able to keep the curls uniformed, soft and bouncy?

What products works best on this hair?

Hi! I just took this hair out and I loved it. On days that I wanted it more tame I would co-wash with suave coconut conditioner, brush through it in the shower with my denman brush to get out the tangles and excess conditioner. I wouldn't rinse the conditioner out and let it dry without touching it AT ALL lol. Then it would dry so pretty and I wouldn't have to wet it for a couple days. As I wanted more volume I would just pull it apart. Product is the key to controlling this hair...the less product the more volume...more product more definition. That is the hair I have on in my avi and I have more pics in my fotki. HTH :)

Oooh. Thanks.

Yea, It kinda scared me but I want this hair soooo bad. It looks soooo pretty!

Off to check your Fotki:grin:

I've worn it before and the first few weeks were hell until I figured out what the heck to do with it. If you don't keep it moisturized it will look dry. It did best after DCing over night and then rinsing in the morning. I added a little leave in and let it air dry throughout the day and it was fine. It was like some days when it was freshly washed and conditioned it was gorgeous but after a few it was dull dry and frizzy and then I had to start the process over. Most mornings I did not feel like dealing with all that.

I don't think the hair is difficult persay, but you have to treat it like your own hair. If you are not a natural or are not used to dealing with long natural hair it may be hard to tame. Most long haired naturals wash in sections, detangle in sections, braid their hair up before going to sleep, etc. and you have to do that with this hair. You can't just wash and go repeatedly without detangling or it will be a matted tangled mess.

I ended up cutting mine shorter because it was too overwhelming to deal with. It was too much hair for me to detangle in the shower with a denman. It killed my arms. When wet the hair hung almost waist length on me and I'm pretty tall. If I choose to have it installed again, I will be going to the salon biweekly and having my stylist deal with it. I can't be bothered.

Last edited:
I've worn it before and the first few weeks were hell until I figured out what the heck to do with it. If you don't keep it moisturized it will look dry. It did best after DCing over night and then rinsing in the morning. I added a little leave in and let it air dry throughout the day and it was fine. It was like some days when it was freshly washed and conditioned it was gorgeous but after a few it was dull dry and frizzy and then I had to start the process over. Most mornings I did not feel like dealing with all that.

I don't think the hair is difficult persay, but you have to treat it like your own hair. If you are not natural or are not used to dealing with long natural hair it may be hard to tame. Most long haired naturals wash in sections, detangle in sections, braid their hair up before going to sleep, etc. and you have to do that with this hair. You can't just wash and go repeatedly without detangling or it will be a matted tangled mess.

I ended up cutting mine shorter because it was too overwhelming to deal with. It was too much hair for me to detangle in the shower with a denman. It killed my arms. When wet the hair hung almost waist length on me and I'm pretty tall. If I choose to have it installed again, I will be going to the salon biweekly and having my stylist deal with it. I can't be bothered.
Really? Wow. Thanks Glamazon.

Really? Wow. Thanks Glamazon.

Yes... that hair made me seriously think twice about letting my natural hair grow that long. If it's gonna be like that :nono:. I even made a post about it. That hair drove me crazy the first few weeks. Once I figured it out, I was fine but it took a minute. I was walking around with a scarf tied around the front and the hair in a ponytail for a minute. I had no clue what to do with it. It was very easy to deal with when it was shorter. I have a straight weave now and surprisingly I've found that MUCH easier. I never thought I'd be saying that. :blush:

ETA: And the thing that was crazy was I only had one pack of hair in my head. I couldn't even imagine two packs.

Yes... that hair made me seriously think twice about letting my natural hair grow that long. If it's gonna be like that :nono:. I even made a post about it. That hair drove me crazy the first few weeks. Once I figured it out, I was fine but it took a minute. I was walking around with a scarf tied around the front and the hair in a ponytail for a minute. I had no clue what to do with it. It was very easy to deal with when it was shorter. I have a straight weave now and surprisingly I've found that MUCH easier. I never thought I'd be saying that. :blush:

ETA: And the thing that was crazy was I only had one pack of hair in my head. I couldn't even imagine two packs.
So what did you find that worked for your hair?

So what did you find that worked for your hair?

Washing and detangling in sections with a denman... then DCing overnight. Rinsing in the morning then applying leave in to the hair in sections then letting it airdry. No other products. Also, no shampoo with sulfates or cones. It will dry the hair out and the cones caused build up. A dry unruly mess. Then at night I had to loosely plait it up then put a scarf on. If I slept with it loose it would tangle by morning and it would dry out from the pillow. I had to do this every 3-4 days with the plaiting every night. It was too much drama. Most days it ended up in a dry messy updo on top of my head with a scarf around the edges. You may like it, but it was too time consuming for me.

Also the hair that I left out to blend ended up a dry thirsty crispy mess. The only thing I could get my hair to lay down with was regular clear ice gel. Nothing else was heavy enough. Not even the Fantasia gel. I think I lost a lot of hair up there due to breakage from the manipulation everyday. I had to comb all the curls out my hair on wet hair with a small comb then smooth the gel on and brush it down and tie a scarf around the front until it dried some. It seemed like I was just adding gel on top of gel. I think I went through two regular sized jars of that stuff in the 7 weeks I had the weave in. And I don't even use that gel on my regular hair.

Last edited:
Hi! I just took this hair out and I loved it. On days that I wanted it more tame I would co-wash with suave coconut conditioner, brush through it in the shower with my denman brush to get out the tangles and excess conditioner. I wouldn't rinse the conditioner out and let it dry without touching it AT ALL lol. Then it would dry so pretty and I wouldn't have to wet it for a couple days. As I wanted more volume I would just pull it apart. Product is the key to controlling this hair...the less product the more volume...more product more definition. That is the hair I have on in my avi and I have more pics in my fotki. HTH :)

I just saw the wigs in ur fotki and man they look nice...What kind of hair is that straight hair one (where u were wearing the pink dress) and how about the one when u had that brown Remy t shirt one? It had lose curls....

Washing and detangling in sections with a denman... then DCing overnight. Rinsing in the morning then applying leave in to the hair in sections then letting it airdry. No other products. Also, no shampoo with sulfates or cones. It will dry the hair out and the cones caused build up. A dry unruly mess. Then at night I had to loosely plait it up then put a scarf on. If I slept with it loose it would tangle by morning and it would dry out from the pillow. I had to do this every 3-4 days with the plaiting every night. It was too much drama. Most days it ended up in a dry messy updo on top of my head with a scarf around the edges. You may like it, but it was too time consuming for me.

Also the hair that I left out to blend ended up a dry thirsty crispy mess. The only thing I could get my hair to lay down with was regular clear ice gel. Nothing else was heavy enough. Not even the Fantasia gel. I think I lost a lot of hair up there due to breakage from the manipulation everyday. I had to comb all the curls out my hair on wet hair with a small comb then smooth the gel on and brush it down and tie a scarf around the front until it dried some. It seemed like I was just adding gel on top of gel. I think I went through two regular sized jars of that stuff in the 7 weeks I had the weave in. And I don't even use that gel on my regular hair.

:perplexed:look::ohwell::nono::sad: Oh well. There goes that idea.:wallbash: Thanks girl!

No, not that one cause it was too busy but I have worn the French Refined.

Noodlehead products work well on that Bohyme hair.

I don't think the hair is difficult persay, but you have to treat it like your own hair. If you are not a natural or are not used to dealing with long natural hair it may be hard to tame. Most long haired naturals wash in sections, detangle in sections, braid their hair up before going to sleep, etc. and you have to do that with this hair. You can't just wash and go repeatedly without detangling or it will be a matted tangled mess.

sounds like my hair to a T :lol: I was thinking about getting this done but its basically my own hair but 50 times longer...so why bother:rolleyes:

Very pretty hair in your avi, kriolagirl.

I've thought about this hair but now I'm not as excited...I might as well spend the time and energy to make my own hair look decent if it's going to take a lot of work.

I JUST got this hair installed. It is definitely like natural hair in the fact that you cannot just comb it when dry and you have to treat it with care, but it doesn't take nearly the time it takes me to do my natural hair.

It took me ten minutes to style this morning...vs an hour with my own hair.

So far, I LOVE this hair. But ask me again in another week or two :drunk:

I JUST got this hair installed. It is definitely like natural hair in the fact that you cannot just comb it when dry and you have to treat it with care, but it doesn't take nearly the time it takes me to do my natural hair.

It took me ten minutes to style this morning...vs an hour with my own hair.

So far, I LOVE this hair. But ask me again in another week or two :drunk:
Please keep me/us posted!

I'm just checking back in to this thread. I agree that this hair does take more work than the average straight weave but that's part of the reason I wanted it...it blended great with my hair and I never had any problem with gel buildup, etc. I will say that if you're looking for curls w/ a softer overall texture then curly virgin indian hair may be a better fit (i have that in now). i wore the brazilian wave for almost 8 weeks and was able to have alot of versatility. I did ponytails, half up half down, etc. At night I would tie a scarf on the front and went to sleep (on a satin pillowcase). It may not work for everybody, but I can honestly say that I loved it and will wear it again in the future.

Where do you guys usually purchase this hair? A regular BSS or online? How much is it (average)?

Where do you guys usually purchase this hair? A regular BSS or online? How much is it (average)?

superhairfactory.com
hairsisters.com

I paid about $100 per pack plus shipping. I bought two initially and then a 3rd later on.

Ayeshia - It does look just like your hair. I would describe it as a very kinky 3c. The curls were bigger than my 4a hair. Also its not shiny.

Op - How are u blending it with your hair? My hair in the front stands straight up if left alone. The only thing I could do was gel it down and half the time it didn't want to stay down. I'm thinking about going back to the Goddess Remy French Wave. I wore it 3 summers in a row with no problems.

Last edited:
superhairfactory.com
hairsisters.com

I paid about $100 per pack plus shipping. I bought two initially and then a 3rd later on.

Ayeshia - It does look just like your hair. I would describe it as a very kinky 3c. The curls were bigger than my 4a hair. Also its not shiny.

Op - How are u blending it with your hair? My hair in the front stands straight up if left alone. The only thing I could do was gel it down and half the time it didn't want to stay down. I'm thinking about going back to the Goddess Remy French Wave. I wore it 3 summers in a row with no problems.

WOW only 100$ per pack? this is a good price and the next tie I come to the U.S. I will definately by some. Here in Belgium it's 150 euro per pack which is more or less 180$ . I just bought two packs last week but it is too expensive, my friend went to her homecountry ( congo ) and she said it's about 100 euro there so she will bring two packs for me.

I had this hair for a short time...honestly I couldn't deal with it for too long...It was too much and it sheds like crazy...the hair is pretty but you have to know how and have the patience to deal with it... you really only need one pack, b/c it gets really really big.

I purchased from hairsisters.com ..it was like 80 something dollars....

Ive been looking everywhere for a bohyme subject....thanks for this thread I will know how to deal with it when I install...

superhairfactory.com
hairsisters.com

I was going to get the front cornrowed going back and having the back weaved with the Bohyme hair.

How is the Goddess Remy French Wave? Does it hold up well with swimming everyday? Is it shiny?

I was going to get the front cornrowed going back and having the back weaved with the Bohyme hair.

How is the Goddess Remy French Wave? Does it hold up well with swimming everyday? Is it shiny?

It's great. I wore it the past 3 summers in a row with no problem. I swam and everything. It is shiny though, which was why I switched to the Bohyme. When I was relaxed, I had no problems blending my hair with the Goddess Remy. When I went natural, you could see the difference. The weave was shiny and my hair is not.

*bumping*

I spotted this in a BSS the other day and I'm am considering getting it for school. (I'm on a serious protective styling mission.. and my hair always grows in weaves) Is there a way to install this in my hair witout having any of my natural hair out?

sure, plenty of people do weaves with no hair out. you can either buy a closure with a similiar texture or just get your stylist to close it up at the top with the same hair to cover the last track.

Back