Bob wearers....

chestnutblonde

what steps do you take at night to maintain your style? I hate flat hair and when i wrap my hair at night, by the 3rd morning, its not as full and bouncy as I want it....just looking for some suggestions. Thansk!

That happened to me w/ SL hair too. I would alternate. One night, sleep in rollers, next night wrap it, rollers, wrap it, etc. and rotate because by the 3rd day my hair is flat as well.

I've been pincurling my hair at night, but when I wake up, it's a little too curly...I'm trying to find that good medium where it has movement, but yet not too curly. (MizzBrown, sleeping in rollers is a no go for me...ever since I was around 5 and would get rollersets each week and my mother made sleep in those things, I promised I would never do it again :nono::nono::nono:)

That happened to me w/ SL hair too. I would alternate. One night, sleep in rollers, next night wrap it, rollers, wrap it, etc. and rotate because by the 3rd day my hair is flat as well.

Use bigger rollers or less rollers on your hair and what tool do u use to wrap your hair? I don't use something that will weigh down my hair like a boar bristle brush. I use a vent brush or big-tooth comb so i wont flatten out the curls that much.

Can't sleep in rollers? Well, you gonna have to do something then! LOL Get those pillow rollers that are easy to sleep in and dont use so many at a time. Try bigger pin curls.

Also, when u wrap your hair with your scarf, don't secure it so tight. I would tie mine so tight that of course it would be flat in the morning.

Let me first say, bobs are the prettiest length to me. I use to wear one, and I am on my way back to them after 7 years of being HB short. So you ladies have very nice hair!:grin:

When I was wearing one, my beautician told me to use big rollers on the top middle of my head for volume and height, and wrap the sides all the way around, for them to lay. This would have me sleep well, during the night. When I took them down, I had my hair laid on the sides and back, and volume on the top. All I did was use a large tooth comb to shape everything. This kept mt hair from being so flat.

Geeze, talking about this makes me desperate to grow my hair back!:grin:

Your cut is super Prettyyyyyyyyyyyy! I absolutely LOVE it! You both have inspired me!:grin:
Use bigger rollers or less rollers on your hair and what tool do u use to wrap your hair? I don't use something that will weigh down my hair like a boar bristle brush. I use a vent brush or big-tooth comb so i wont flatten out the curls that much.

Can't sleep in rollers? Well, you gonna have to do something then! LOL Get those pillow rollers that are easy to sleep in and dont use so many at a time. Try bigger pin curls.

Also, when u wrap your hair with your scarf, don't secure it so tight. I would tie mine so tight that of course it would be flat in the morning.

Very pretty bob! I love both of your hair, you and Mizz brown! It is one of the best I've seen here!:grin:

I've been pincurling my hair at night, but when I wake up, it's a little too curly...I'm trying to find that good medium where it has movement, but yet not too curly. (MizzBrown, sleeping in rollers is a no go for me...ever since I was around 5 and would get rollersets each week and my mother made sleep in those things, I promised I would never do it again :nono::nono::nono:)

When I was wearing one, my beautician told me to use big rollers on the top middle of my head for volume and height, and wrap the sides all the way around, for them to lay. This would have me sleep well, during the night. When I took them down, I had my hair laid on the sides and back, and volume on the top. All I did was use a large tooth comb to shape everything. This kept mt hair from being so flat.

Geeze, talking about this makes me desperate to grow my hair back!:grin:

Yup, that's how I used to prepare my hair at night with a bob, and it always came out nice and full looking in the morning.

Let me first say, bobs are the prettiest length to me. :

I agree with you 100%. I want to cut my hair into a bob sooooo bad, but at the same time I want to grow it long. What I might do is get a bob sew-in for the beginning of the summer. If I like it which I know I will, I'll get it re-done and keep the style for the whole summer.

I just cut my hair 2wks ago in a layered bob
I usually put about 6 rollers in for height and so my layers will show at the middle of my head
That gives me body as well as volume

Back