Blue Jeans and Hair - An Analogy

OP, I couldn't agree with you more. When I was relaxed, my hair THRIVED from rollersets. That was the only way I could dry my hair and get it silky. Airdrying and blowdrying caused breakage.

I'm type 4 natural now and I'm trying to get to MBL by the end of the year, so I'm getting ready to start rollersetting again. It won't be easy, but I'm committed.:yep:

I thrived on roller sets when I was relaxed as well, but I didnt achieve WL until after I stopped relaxing. Since my hair dries faster as a natural, I didnt really make the connection with how well my ends behaved since I was blowdrying & airdrying. It wasnt until I started roller setting again that I really noticed a difference and I'm positive that it is one of the things I've done to retain my length. Even when I do braidouts or twistouts, I still dry my hair by sitting under the dryer with rollers on my ends.

Nonie girl be quiet! I'm tellin yall what works for me and you over here taking philosophy to the next level! :p

But for real - as mentioned, it's not going to work for everyone but it's a concept that proves positive for me.

:lachen: Word!

:kiss:

Thanks for this thread! Looks like I will have to overcome my laziness and start doing rollersets again. I love airdrying because it's easy but you're right it does leave my hair harder than when I use heat on it.

Back