Blowdryer & Curling Iron Confession

lshevonne

OK, I used my blowdryer and curling iron Sat. when I washed my hair. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif I combed my hair back and sat under my hooded dryer until it was about 85-90% dry then used my blowdryer to complete it and used my curling iron to bump the ends. I feel really bad but my hair looks really good. I was in a hurry because I was going out to eat. I was very careful when using them. Blowdryed on low heat and curled on low heat but didn't leave the iron on my hair longer than 6 seconds. As far as my daily shedding there has been very very little. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ishevonne, don't feel bad. If used in moderation, every once in a while, this type of heat is not bad. It's when you're doing this constantly, and with high heat, when it becomes a problem.

That's great Ishevonne! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

As you know, I did a lot of blow drying on cold and pressing my hair with a curling iron. I never had any damage. I love my tools, although I'm back to my wash and go now.

I think the best thing I learned was to use tools with temperature control. Using heat does not necessarily damage the hair... I believe that it's the products, tools and how the person uses their tools is what can cause damage the hair. Another thing that can have an effect is also the texture of someone's hair that's why temperature control is very important.

that was fine. the only problem is when it is used frequently, on high settings and kept on the ends for far too long.

i was reading the current issue of black hair magazine and in giving instructions as to how readers could achieve Samantha Mumba's curly relaxed hair, they rec. readers to use the blow dryer on a high setting and low speed(???) and then a curling tong on strands to the hair to curl into spirals. its a pity that people are still ignorant about low heat setters like the cheap benders/twirlers (you can find in almost any drugstore beauty section), caruso and even simple braid and twist outs. If those so called HAIR WRITERS dont know what chance do the readers have?? I just thank God for the internet!

Crysdon, Armyqt, Hairfanatic & Pandora thanks for your positive words. You ladies know some hair so it means alot.

Back