Blow Dry Only and No Flat Iron

Prior to lhcf, this was my weekly routine for years. Because I really didn't know about proper hair care, I had a lot of split ends as a result. Now that I know better, I'm afraid to do it regularly. But I will say, it's a good method for buns & ponytails.

Yea, I did this last week, just to do a rough length check and make my hair a little straighter @ the roots. My hair HATES the blowdryer, so I won't be doing that very often. This last time I broke off a piece of the comb attachment cuz my hair is so thick. :nono:

muahaha this reminds me of the couple times I've broken the comb when I was getting a relaxer. I was super embarrassed the first time because it was at a salon, and the second time it was for my mom which wasn't too bad but she reminds me of it everytime. She always tells me if I plan to relax myself I need to buy an extra comb.

lately I have been only blow drying; and I think this is my favorite way to go. I thought I would be a strictly blowdry to flat iron person. This is, however, after I picked up a new technique. Before, my flat irons were too flat and straight (I love big hair). My blow drying left my hair not straight enough. However, now that I do the blow dry tension method, I am satisfied that I have reached a happy medium. Not too straight, not too curled, but just the right about of kink! The tension method actuallly gets my hair much more straight than using the comb attachment!

Last edited:
^^^^

Is it powerfull enough to straighten transitioning hair??...i know..im thread jacking sorry...

well I'm not sure how much new growth you have..... i'm on my 11th week of a stretch. But if you have a lot i would put it on the thickest setting. Go SLOW because remember its still like a comb oh and make sure u detangle before

Try looking up the "Pinkskates Method" for a detailed explaination...

But It's pretty much holding your hair taut while running a blow dryer over the length.

This is the method I use alternating between cool and low heat. I wear my heat stretched hair in braid outs. I've yet to use a flat iron on my hair yet..that's my next step:)

I do this....especially when i get sick...i'll just blowdry my hair and skip the flat iron and wear a bun or a "poofy" ponytail.

Back