Blow Dry Only and No Flat Iron

peachykeen

Does anyone here just blow dry really straight and skip the flat iron. I am natural and I wear my hair straight by blowd drying and flat ironing. But, I have been trying to figure out how to cut down on one of these steps. All I do is wear my hair in a ponytail or bun anyway. So, I dont need it stick straight. Does anyone JUST blow dry only?

Yes-around this time of the year. But not super straight. Just enough so that I can comb through it fairly easy by using the tension method. I wear it in a single braid or just bun. It's turned into a braidout ponytail if I have to go anywhere special. :look:

Does anyone here just blow dry really straight and skip the flat iron. I am natural and I wear my hair straight by blowd drying and flat ironing. But, I have been trying to figure out how to cut down on one of these steps. All I do is wear my hair in a ponytail or bun anyway. So, I dont need it stick straight. Does anyone JUST blow dry only?
I've done this before. It works well when I want to just place my hair in a pony tail or in a bun.

I don't blow dry, it never turns out good.
I airdry in 2 "buns" overnight then flat iron in the morning.

I did this for the first time a few weeks ago. I just blow-dryed and was able to do some simple ponys, buns, and bantu knot-outs. I think this is a great idea to keep from using so much heat.

Whenever I get a Dominican blow-out, they just use the blowdryer...no flat iron. My hair gets just as straight.

I use to do it all the time when my hair was longer if I just wanted to throw it in a ponytail or a bun or if I wanted to have big hair.

OK glad to know others are thinking of doing it too. Cause I have tried the natural drying and then flat iron. That did not work at all for me.

Can you rollerset if you are just bunning? I have been doing this with my buns and it doesn't get stick straight but straight enough to look fine in a bun. I just rollerset and then flat iron the roots if I need to.

I plan on doing this in June for my 1 year update. I was planning on getting it done professionally because my blowdry technique is.. well.. sub-par

I am scared to try a roller set. I cant imagine it honestly. And, my blow drying technique is not all that. I was just going to get a FHI nano pro 2000.

OK glad to know others are thinking of doing it too. Cause I have tried the natural drying and then flat iron. That did not work at all for me.

Me neither. My hair is thick -- REALLY THICK -- so airdrying without the use of curly products (gels, etc.) would result in a thick mass of hair similar to Cousin It!

But, I'm going to try to figure this out this weekend. Thanks for the post!

bump! As u can see from my siggy the 3rd pic is from the tension method. I wasn't able to get it straight just manageable so more ideas please.. ;-)

I am not very skilled at using the round brush or my denman brush for blow drying, but I have had a stylist to use both a round brush as well as a denman brush and my hair got really straight.

If there is a good technique used, my hair can get straight, but unfortunately I haven't quite mastered that technique yet.

BB

I usually air-dry my hair, but about a month ago I decided to try blow drying in hopes of retaining more growth. Well, it looks like it’s working! I don’t have nearly as much breakage as before.

BTW, I tried the tension method last night, and it turned out pretty good--not quite as straight as with the comb attachment, but it works well enough.

My hair becomes really straight after blow drying but at the same time my hair is really thin...I think if u and I'll probably do this too, doing a twist out or braid out on blow dried hair will look nice and u could wear it like that. Also briading it for a braid out or maybe banding it with help stretch it.

When I was natural I would do this when I wanted to roller set my hair. It worked well. I had no problems with that. When I'm natural, that is what I'm going to do to get strait hair.

I don't have any special method I use this dryer on low setting. I love looove it, and it does everything i need all in one. It has different thickness settings and no its doesn't get to hot ( although i use low regardless of what dryer i'm using.

^^^^^^

This looks really neat. May have to get one because i'm tired of my comb attachment coming off everytime I try to blow dry my thick hair. Whats sad is i'm relaxed and my hair still wins the blow dryer battle every time. :catfight:

Yeah, I do this sometimes if I want more volume or want my straight style to last longer. My hair is cut in layers, so when I flat iron it'll only last 2 days til it starts looking thin and greasy

Yea, I did this last week, just to do a rough length check and make my hair a little straighter @ the roots. My hair HATES the blowdryer, so I won't be doing that very often. This last time I broke off a piece of the comb attachment cuz my hair is so thick. :nono:

^^^^^^

This looks really neat. May have to get one because i'm tired of my comb attachment coming off everytime I try to blow dry my thick hair. Whats sad is i'm relaxed and my hair still wins the blow dryer battle every time. :catfight:

I'm relaxed 4a/b and my hair is like that with regular blowdryers. I got really thick hair. I used to buy like 2 to 3 dryers a yr cuz the freakin things kept breaking lol. This one gets my hair straight and mind u its does it quickly.

Back