Blended Beauty Products - Quick Poll

Have you used any Blended Beauty Products?

• Yes...and I loved them!

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • Yes...but I didnt like them.

Votes: 11 11.8%
  • No...but I went to the site and they sound good.

Votes: 35 37.6%
  • Never heard of this brand

Votes: 19 20.4%

• Total voters

brownsugarflyygirl

I just found out about Blended Beauty products from another member on a different thread. :D I was wondering if anyone else had tried them..and if so what they thought. If you dont mind please post what products you bought and how you used them.

I think I may purchase Happy Nappy Styles for rollersets and curl definition and maybe Straight Pearl after flatironing when I start using heat again.

www.blended-beauty.com

I tried Happy Nappy Styles and the Cleansing Conditioner. I did not like either one. The consistency is very thick and butter-like. I could not distribute the conditioner thru my hair and the happy nappy styles just sat on top of my hair.

I LOVE Blended Beauty. I use the childrens line but I think they are basically the same. I use the Butter Me Up for wash n go's. I use the Jelly Cream on top of the Butter Me Up kinda like a gel. It keeps the frizz down.

I tried a sample of the Down & Out Styles but it seemed the same as the Butter Me Up. I also tried the Happy Nappy but it was way too thick for me.

I tried the following:

Curling Style Butter -- I love it. I sometimes use it for Wash N Go.
Happy Nappy Styles -- It is nice for twists. It is a thicker version of Curling Style Butter.
Straigt Pearl -- I am on the fence because I don't wear my hair straight often.

I wouldn't use Happy Nappy Styles for rollersets. It is really thick and it design for locs, braids, twists, and wash n gos.It might "stink up" when heat is applied. It is more like Curls Whipped Cream. It is not like Miss Jessie Curl Pudding. When you use HNS, rub it in your hands before applying to wet hair (Shea Butter is one of the main ingrediant.)

I love the Cleansing Conditioner and the Butter Me Up. :yep: I like the Straight Glaze, Straight Pearl, and Happy Nappy Styles also. These products are extremely moisturizing for my hair. The Conditioner is very thick but my hair came out moisturized and detangled. Love it!!!

I've tried some of her products :
Happy Nappy - great for curl definition (it literally defines every curl you have) but with shrinkage; you can band your hair to stretch it out a bit.
Jelly Cream - Very light, lotion-like gel/cream. Applied to slightly damp/dry hair; it was ok.
Curl Styling Butter cream- love this one. Moisturizes my hair very well and slightly defines my curls/coils. I used this when I did my last set of 2-strands.
Soft Curls & Swirls - this is supposed to be a leave-in. It does moisturize a bit but if you like thicker products then this might not be for you but try it you might like it. HTH
As some of the other ladies posted, her products do smell just about the same.

Also if you don't want to commit to full sizes you can get samples from SISTASPLACE.BIZ. You can get 1-2 oz samples (10) for 20 bucks

Last edited:
I was wondering about this. My sister just had a baby and she's mixed. We were chatting about some possible hair products for her. So its good to see some commentary on this line.

Thanks

Chayil

I ordered samples of the Butter Me Up and the Down and Out Styles for use on my daughter's hair
They do seem like the same product
They are ok, but don't really do much for her hair, IMO

Love, love, love myself some blended beauty products. I feel like they were definitely designed for afro curly hair.

Styling Butter Cream...my fav styler in the bunch...just the right amount of hold.

Blended Cutie Soft Curls and Swirls...great as a leave-in, but not enough hold for me. Worked well for braidouts though.

Happy Nappy...most hold, GREAT for braidouts/twistouts with softer hold. Also, a very small amount works well as a styler over a leave-in.

Blended Cutie Down & Out styles....very good as a soft hold styler

Curly Frizz Pudding...does add extra hold over one of the other stylers, but I just don't think it's worth the money

Soy Cream Shampoo...good poo, I mean really gentle on your hair. I really like it and if were sold locally, it would be my only poo.

Curl Quenching Conditioner....really good stuff

Blended Cutie Jelly Cream....meh...
Kicks for curls...love it as a curl refresher. Gives a light hold and great sheen.

They do cause more shrinkage than some other products though.

I really liked Blended Beauty and but I must agree with caligirl, some of the products have such a thick consistency and they just sit on your hair.

But regardless, Blended Beauty is my staple when I wear my hair curly.
My favs are: the soy shampoo and the oil (it smells so good)

I tried this product line when I did my BC in 2006. I tried Happy Nappy Styles, the Reconstructor, and Curly Frizz Pudding (ETA). The products kept my hair extremely soft and moisturized (my hair is very thick); however, I HATED the smell :nono:. These products (old version with old packaging) smelled like very sweet vanilla - almost like the smell of your mother baking a cake :ohwell:. I simply could not handle the smell and will not order the product again. I prefer natural (Aveda) or fruity smells. However, the new formula may smell differently.

Probably for your rollersets just use the Straightening Glaze as a setting lotion for your rollersets and use a little of the Straight pearl on your ends. That should work out well.

I like the blended cutie down and out light and the butter me up because it makes my hair real soft. They dont really provide much hold though. The blended cutie silky swirls shampoo is perfect. Like someone said earlier if it was sold locally it would be the only shampoo I would buy.

It smells like like cinnamon almond cake with frosting. Now the smell only lingers when putting it on. About 4 minutes later the scent is gone.

I really liked Blended Beauty and but I must agree with caligirl, some of the products have such a thick consistency and they just sit on your hair.

But regardless, Blended Beauty is my staple when I wear my hair curly.
My favs are: the soy shampoo and the oil (it smells so good)

Hey Carribean_dream how long does the scent of the oil last. I would really like to know cuz all of the other products that I have tried the scent leaves so quickly.

I tried Happy Nappy and the curly frizz pudding...I liked them at first but then i realized that they give me sooo much shrinkage and for me, max shrinkage = too many tangles. I liked them for twists & braids but i didn't repurchase them just for those. Also the happy nappy built up on my hair quickly, in about a week then i had to shampoo because my hair was oily & frizzy.

Two years ago I tried their products -I forget exactly which ones- and I did like them. But I was such a PJ back then so I guessed I stopped using them because I just moved on to the next thing. I like the hair lotion and oil I tried the best. The hydrating mist one I tries didn't do anything specific. And neither did the clay treatment or the herbal reconstructer.

I :love: these products!!! I have the Happy Nappy Styles (very thick-used for twisting), Soy Cream Shampoo (gentle cleanser), Quenching Conditioner (light condtioner), & the Cruly Frizz Pudding (Slight moisturizing hold).

I used the Curl Quenching Conditioner (DC) , Butter Me Up (M) and the Volcanic Mask (cleansing product).

The deep condish. I'm just like 'einh'

Butter ME Up was too thick and didn't spread easily but I still use it when I bun.

The Volcanic mask I liked it as a styling product! Walking around with that mess on my head and seeing how defined my curls were lead me to conclude that if ever I wanted to do a wash and go, I would need something to really weigh down but still allowed it to swing as did the volcanic cleansing mask. Did it really clean my scalp like it was supposed to, I'm not sure. In Spiral's Fotki, she said her scalp was a little pink but mine was just plain old white.

Overall I'm having a hard time determining what works for me. It seems like they're all the same.

I tried Happy Nappy and the curly frizz pudding...I liked them at first but then i realized that they give me sooo much shrinkage and for me, max shrinkage = too many tangles. I liked them for twists & braids but i didn't repurchase them just for those. Also the happy nappy built up on my hair quickly, in about a week then i had to shampoo because my hair was oily & frizzy.

Ditto, exactly word for word. :ohwell:

How would one descirbe the smell of some of the products? was it overly fruity? too perfumey? earthy scent?

Someone earlier described it well: it smells like cake. Really rich, sweet, cupcakey cake. I heard they're changing the smell soon, though.

How would one descirbe the smell of some of the products? was it overly fruity? too perfumey? earthy scent?

Smells like almonds + cherries to me :look: I've always loved the scent. It may be overly intoxicating to some, but I like "semi-loud" scents in my hair, but not on my body :nono:. It's a hair freshener and perfume all in one - that's enough for me!

Did ya'll know the blended beauty chick , the creator of the products believes in a seperation of our race, a 'truly mixed' race. meaning 'her' and others like her should be considered another race. Seperate from AA's. YEAH I seen it with my own eyes her talking about 'those people' and 'her people' (the true mixies)

ya'lll should think twice if you want to support her products!

Did ya'll know the blended beauty chick , the creator of the products believes in a seperation of our race, a 'truly mixed' race. meaning 'her' and others like her should be considered another race. Seperate from AA's. YEAH I seen it with my own eyes her talking about 'those people' and 'her people' (the true mixies)

ya'lll should think twice if you want to support her products!

*IMPORTANT*

Pls check the 'off topic' forum for a very important thread on Blended Beauty!

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=241513

Back