BlackPeopleMeet.com makes me want to stay single. FOREVER.

vivEz daNs lamouR

I don't know what I was expecting, maybe something different from BlackPlanet or MySpace (I gave up both of those accounts) and instead I think I've landed in quite possibly, the worst single cesspool ever. :lol:

First off, despite my age and requests for a guy, I have men who could be my dad, some who could be my grandfather, hitting me up telling me how much they like sex. Some who look like Fat Albert (I'll even post it just to prove it), some who look like Buckwheat, JJ, whatever the hell other buttafaces out there that you wanna call 'em. Half of 'em can't spell, the other half is contacting me like if they don't realize I'm in NYC and they're in North Dakota (don't know what the hell I'm supposed to do with that), and then if they're even slightly attractive, you can tell that they're a serial online dater.

Lord have mercy! I think I'll stay single... forever. :yep:

Don't give up. I've just recently got into an exclusive relationship with someone I met on there. He lives about 45 minutes away from me and he's georgous AND around my age (24).

It took me some months to find him...be patient.

btw, I had the old men constantly hittin me up too. You can try blocking men in a specific age group.

I understand :ohwell: I discontinued my membership a few years ago for most of the reasons you stated. I just did not have the patience to weed through the bad apples. I know some ladies have found some good men on there though.

op ur telling the truth. Ive seen the men on there....and had the exact same experience as u. I think out of all the guys i browsed...there were literally 2 guys i thought were even close to looking like a normal cute human being lolol

LOL! I was on there for a hot minute. But I had too many WOMEN and Old Heads trying to holla at me. My profile clearly stated I am HETEROSEXUAL and not looking to date my daddy. I admit I didn't take that website serious at all, I was merely curious. I never contacted anyone on there. I was scared.

You'll keeping getting requests like that, but I agree with the other poster...just be patient you'll find that one out of all the requests that will be exceptional.

LOL! I was on there for a hot minute. But I had too many WOMEN and Old Heads trying to holla at me. My profile clearly stated I am HETEROSEXUAL and not looking to date my daddy. I admit I didn't take that website serious at all, I was merely curious. I never contacted anyone on there. I was scared.

Tell me about it. One profile was a girl picture and it said her and her bf were into swinging and was on there to look at girls that they could hook up with. My profile clearly stated LOOKING FOR A MAN!!

I feel you on Blackpeoplemeet and internet dating all together. I just wasted $34.99 on Match.com.

I am going to keep dating but the traditional way. I've never made good internet connections.

Girl u named the main reasons why i gave it up...i thought about going back and joining BPM or match.com but its just so exhausting and why bother and why waste money and time, being on the website. The men i saw were okay but im sorry im not a supermodel with long hair so alot of them expected too much and werent bringing nothing or not a male supermodel them dang selves.

Some of them that i was attracted to you could tell they had that extra drama or issues going on. So i just threw my hands up and said thats it why put myself thru added drama and stress...

And i dont knw about anyone else but i rather be able to say i met my future bf or husband not from a online site, i have so many girlfriends that are either getting a divorce or going thru their own mess just from their online hook ups.

I met a wonderful guy on there. We have been communicated for almost 2 months. We are finally going to meet on tomorrow. He lives 2 hours away. I will let you know what I think after the meet.

Me and my current Beau reunited there. I guess it doesn't really count as a hook up as I knew him before...well I met him before in person...and BPM gave us the opp to actually flirt with one another and get to talking. I have always been leary of online dating sites...and had I not know him...I prolly would not have moved forward with it. I did meet another local guy that was promising...but he was not at all what I wanted in a man and he was THIRSTY. I was there casually looking around. I was not really looking for a boyfriend...I saw Elizablue's post and went over there to be nosy....and lo and behold...I had 2 dates after 1 day. The third guy was a bugaboo and had no REAL job...No deals. So...all in all. I got incredibly lucky. I guess if it is meant...it's meant right?

I thought about joining this site but something bothers me about it and don't really want to give up my credit card number to register. Has any one had any billing problems?

Slightly OT: Has anyone had success with EHarmony? A girl @ my job has had great success but she is clear. TIA

op ur telling the truth. Ive seen the men on there....and had the exact same experience as u. I think out of all the guys i browsed...there were literally 2 guys i thought were even close to looking like a normal cute human being lolol

Sooo funny. Guess those guys must be butt ugly...literally.

LOL exactly! And the 43 year old man (who looks like a pedo, sorry to say) has sent me four messages. *sigh*

I'm crackin up....looks like a pedo...I think I know that look.:lachen:
Maybe try BlackChristianpeoplemeet.com....

Not saying this will be better, but it maybe worth a try. :ohwell:

This may just be people who claim to be christians but aren't living the life at all...or making the attempt.

Not surprising, I met someone off blackplanet, a loong time ago when it first started becoming popular, I was 19 and he caught my attention with his verbage. We exchanged numbers and talked all the time and then got to the stage of meeting each other, it was long distance. Once when I went to visit him though and he let me check my e-mail, I used to have this thing if I was on ANYONE's computer and their background was ugly and they let me use it, I'd change it. So in pure innocence, I tried to change his background and all the pics on his computer came up and basically he had hundreds of pictures that women sent him online or he copied and pasted from pages and they were named by that persons page name. I was instantly disgusted and turned off and it led me to think how many other 'online relationships' he was carrying on and I just cut it off with him without giving him a real reason. That was the first and last time. My belief is ANY man looking for love online isn't gonna stop at one woman, it's just a larger playing field for them. I will stop seeing a man upon learning he has a myspace, facebook..whatever.

I was on BPM for less than 2 months and pulled my profile down.

I joined because three co-workers met their husbands off that site but it didn't work for me (I just didn't want to wade through the crazies and daddy/player types).

No matter HOW you meet, if it's meant to be, it's meant to be. Just be careful and keep your eyes open.

Back