Black semi permanent

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Is there any way to remove black semi permanent color. I heard that it will stay in your hair as if it's a permanent. So far, that's holding to be true. I have about 2 or 3 inches of my natural brown hair color and the rest is black. If I dye it, what would happen?

hi caramaela,

one time i had my black color lifted w/effasol. this process is very harsh so your hair needs to be in tip-top condition.

if you dye it now, the color will only take to the roots (b/c it's virgin hair) and not the black b/c it's actually stained hair.

i don't know what color you want to go with but stop coloring black for a few months and let the perms aide you w/the stripping process before actually using the effasol.

i did a pretty drastic change...i went from midnight blue black to rich red brown base w/copper/blonde highlights and my hair was still healthy. now i'm back blue-black. hth.

In my experience the colors fade over time just by shampooing with my moisturizing shampoos. Maybe you should try clarifying and see if that helps.

I used Loving Care
smile.gif

not for me, i've been going black for years and several times a year. black is a stain that needs to be lifted.

rinses may fade w/shampooing and over time but not semi-permanent.

I think Loving Care is pretty gentle (no peroxide or ammonia). I wonder if you could get that out with Clairol Metallex (I don't think it's damaging to the hair). You should PM Tracy and ask her.
smile.gif

lately, i like and have been using clairol's textures and tones/radiance colorgloss. imo, it is one of the best out there on the market. it delivers intense color and is gentle.

i use the black, w/a cap of red (to offset green/blue hues),and a cap of clear (for extra shine). i can't say enough about this product. you can find it at sally's.

I have used this product in the past to lift semi-permanent colors that didn't come out as I had envisioned. You can purchase it at Sally's for $10. It's the bomb....
clairol_uncolor_l.jpg

Description:
A semi-permanent haircolor remover that is gentle, quick, and easy-to-use, leaving hair clean and ready for color

Hmmm metalex nor the uncolor worked for me. So Ladylibra exactly how did youy use the effasol? I have been looking at the colorgloss for a while now. Do you use it straight from the bottle or do you mix it with anything (besides the other colors)? How is the shine factor?

my beautician used the effasol. she put it on and kept checking my strands until they were brown and not jet black. i can't remember the entire process but i would strongly encourage you to go and get the color removed by a professional.

when i use the radiance colorgloss i use the clairol professional radiance color infuser.

i get a sheen/shine effect!

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Hmmm metalex nor the uncolor worked for me. So Ladylibra exactly how did youy use the effasol? I have been looking at the colorgloss for a while now. Do you use it straight from the bottle or do you mix it with anything (besides the other colors)? How is the shine factor?

[/ QUOTE ]
Really?? As soon as I put Uncolor on my hair the rinse just started coming out
shocked.gif
!
Did you use heat with it? Also, you really have to saturate your hair with the stuff!

Check out my pics cutie and you'll see...

If you dye it - you get uneven, patchy color. It COULD be fine - but most of the time, even if you get the black to lift, you get uneven results.

Have you tried a color remover like Metalex, or Clairol Uncolor for semi-perms? Those are a safer bet, and all you'll do is remove color without LIGHTENING the hair.

Denali, when you tried the uncolor, what semi perm color were you trying to remove?

Caramela,
I put this spiced cognac (jazzing) on top of my blonde color. It was cute for the first two days, but I didn't like it after awhile, and Uncolor handled its buisness in getting it out.

[ QUOTE ]
Babygurl said:
Thats interesting because my color washes out with a few shampoos.

[/ QUOTE ]
My hair is already permanently dyed so it asorbs, rinses like you wouldn't believe!

Back