BKT Soft-Liss question...

beana

Hi Ladies,

I just purchased this to use on my sisters natural 3c/4a mid-back length hair. I know this is the kind that allows you to wash it out the same day after flat ironing, my question is:

Is that necessary?

Do you think it would harm the hair if i let it sit in her hair for a few days (2-4)?

I ask because her hair is soooo much to handle and i know i'm probably not going to want to wash and restyle her hair immediately afterwards. I'm using her as my guinea pig:blush: for BKT, as i plan to tranisition with it eventually.

TIA

Last edited:
Hey there Beana! I've seen some of the ladies wait til the following day to wash, apply the mask and restyle after flat ironing. You really don't have to flat iron after applying the mask. The treatment will make her hair easier to handle and she can probably do a blow dry, air dry, roller set, braid out, you name it!

I wouldn't try to go 2 to 4 days, though. The mask is an important step in the treatment and should be applied, I'd say, at least within 12 to 18 hours.

Thanks Sheba for your help!!!! :yep:

I think i would have been better off with a 4 day formula in retrospect. I had my eye on the Rejuvenol, but was attracted to the silky straight hair some of the 3's were getting with the soft-liss (my lil sis is mostly 3c, but has a 4a patch at the crown). I'll just have to remind my sister to wash her hair the next day.

I may still purchase the rejuvenol for myself and give the rest of the soft-liss to her as a birthday present. Thanks again!

Ummm.. in my opinion.. the hair has a slight residue (tacky feeling) if it is not rinsed and treated with the mask.. now if that doesn't bother you (her) then more power to you... but it would bother me... so I recommend doing in the same day.

I washed out the next day, and I guess you could probably wait up until 2 days but I'm sure it will be a hassle to her to keep her hair straight.

I applied the sofliss treatment on 4a/b hair with 2 treatments of rejuevenol. I washed the softliss out in 6 hrs (too tired). My hair is very soft and with a 3c/straight texture. I'm not sure how to manage it, though.

Thanks ladies!

I'm really excited :grin:

The soft-liss hasn't arrived yet, but i think i remember it saying rinse and then apply the mask and rinse again. I'm wondering if she does it the next day should she shampoo it out or rinse?

I plan on taking pics of her hair after her treatment.

I applied the sofliss treatment on 4a/b hair with 2 treatments of rejuevenol. I washed the softliss out in 6 hrs (too tired). My hair is very soft and with a 3c/straight texture. I'm not sure how to manage it, though.

Glad to hear BKT is working for you! Do you prefer one brand over the other?

Although softliss works faster, I liked Rejeuvenol better. Softliss left an odor on my hair. I can't explain the scent...it just smells chemically.
I miss my texture; however I'm embracing my new 3c hair.

Question to the natural ladies who bought the Softliss.

Did you get the strawberry or chocolate kit?

I ordered the Chocolate, but I think the Strawberry may have been a better fit for my natural textured hair. according to the on-line description It hasn't arrived yet. But opinions are appreciated.

I ordered and used Chocolate. No lingering smell, here. The scents are just personal preferences, I think it has nothing to do with the product.

I called Soft-liss and asked what the "softening agents" were, the rep said they were "alcohols"... i asked if there was a straightening chemical used and the rep said the "keratin process" is what straightens the hair. I had to get off the phone (boss was calling) or i wouldve investigated further.

from what i've read Soft-liss provides more straightening benefits than other BKT treatments and i wanted to be certain there was no straightening chemical used.

btw, i ordered Morango/ Strawberry.

I had planned on leaving it in (Softliss) but my hair felt really goopy after the flatironing so I was too scared to leave it in.

My hair turned out great. No damage and I am a month out. My ends are still very blunt and I have not trimmed in 3 months. I have still deep conditioned and put heat protectant on for straight styles. My hair was straight but I have been rinsing alot in this summer heat. I am trying to decide if I should reapply or wait longer. It is returning to its 3c pattern but still resists humidity very well when blown out for now.

I did my daughter's hair over the weekend with the Softliss Chocolate kit.

I must say that I am very impressed witht the product.

It was a pleasant surprise to see her hair blinding me with bling.

The process also wasn't bad at all. She is relaxed and the fumes weren't bad at all. Her eyes watered a bit, but by me standing over her head I didn't experience any bad fumes inhaled.

I didn't use a fan, but I did lower the thermostat with the central air and opened a nearby window, just in case.

I did however notice that her newgrowth became wavy once I rinsed step 2 out, so did I not seal it in good enough? When should I do the second application to receive an additional benefit.

I told her no pool in camp this week>

Last edited:
Hey Donewit-it. I don't have any answers for you but I'm experiencing the same problem. I have I'm about 7mo post so I have lots of newgrowth. The soft-liss smoothed my new growth but it still waves up with water. It's much easier to straightened (straightens completely with rollers, etc.) but it DID not get straight.

I redid the back after 2 weeks but its essentially the same. I've been skipping the blowdry step, so maybe that's it?

I don't know if your not sealing correctly because I used an iron that was 450 and hair felt smoothed afterwards and not coated.

Hopefully we figure it out.

One more question?

How does a natural 4a/b textured lady blow dry the hair after washing with Step 1's deep shampoo.

My daughter's hair wasn't bad, because I stood behind her, but please, I'm in no rush to do my own. It would be a tangled mess.

I was considering doing it after a good press.

that naked blow dry after washing is scary for me too!! I considered air drying, but i want to get the max results out of my application so i intend on following each step.

Hi Tia

I've been using Softliss for a couple of times already, and let me tell you that the best results you get it when you wait only 60 minutes not more or less than that.

I remember I do it once living step 2 on my hair for 4 hours and the effect was not the same..my hair looked good..but not as when I live it for 1 hour..

Hope that help you...

Elite star

I just had a thought about drying the Clarified hair after Step 1,

How bout washing in twists, and undoing each twist to blow dry. That should make it more manageable??????

Hi donewi-it

I had wavy freeze hair , and the first time I did it on my hair, I saw some waves still, but the next times I did it my hair became more straight,

The second time I did the tratment, I did it after 1 month, but the followings,my hair was in better conditions so I decide to wait a couple of months before I did it.

You are the one that is gonna notice when your hair needs to be redone.

Hi donewi-it

I had wavy freeze hair , and the first time I did it on my hair, I saw some waves still, but the next times I did it my hair became more straight,

The second time I did the tratment, I did it after 1 month, but the followings,my hair was in better conditions so I decide to wait a couple of months before I did it.

You are the one that is gonna notice when your hair needs to be redone.

Thank you

I will do my daughter's hair in about 3 weeks for the second time.

How often do you apply your Softliss. Are you natural or relaxed? Did you use the chocolate or strawberry?

TIA

Don't get stress with the blowdry thing.. you just need to dry your hair to put the Keratin in you hair..it doesn't need to be a prefect blowdry. You don't even need a specific brush to do it you can use a big comb if you want.
That was a question that I was making me too..but they answer me this....hope it help you too

ELITE STAR

Thank you

I will do my daughter's hair in about 3 weeks for the second time.

How often do you apply your Softliss. Are you natural or relaxed? Did you use the chocolate or strawberry?

TIA
I do the treatment know every 6 month..but I'v been using it for almost 18 month already, so know I don't need to do it so often. I always use the Chocolate but it's because I like how it smells, but I also tried the MARINES ALGES and it was really good too.

The nest time I order, I will order the Strawberry, I have some friends that had ordered it and they told me is really good too.

does anyone know what is doing the straightening effect? if there isnt any (evil F word) in it, and most people are saying the keratin isnt doing the straightening then what is?

is there an ingredients list on the bottle?

does anyone know what is doing the straightening effect? if there isnt any (evil F word) in it, and most people are saying the keratin isnt doing the straightening then what is?

is there an ingredients list on the bottle?

Thats what i'd like to know too... I'm relaxed and before i jump on the BKT bandwagon w/ soft-liss i'd really like to know what makes the results with this BKT product straighten over the others? Double-processing does not sound fun at all. Plus, my sister would KILL me if i put a chemical in her hair.

I called the company and asked for the ingredients, they gave me the brief: silicone polymers, liquid keratin, softening agents (i asked about more detail, she said they were "alcohols", vitamins and strawberry extract.. thats all i was told. :ohwell: it doesn't seem like a complete, chemical list of the ingredients

Thats what i'd like to know too... I'm relaxed and before i jump on the BKT bandwagon w/ soft-liss i'd really like to know what makes the results with this BKT product straighten over the others? Double-processing does not sound fun at all. Plus, my sister would KILL me if i put a chemical in her hair.

I called the company and asked for the ingredients, they gave me the brief: silicone polymers, liquid keratin, softening agents (i asked about more detail, she said they were "alcohols", vitamins and strawberry extract.. thats all i was told. :ohwell: it doesn't seem like a complete, chemical list of the ingredients

I read that the Formaldehyde in bkt is what acts as the straightening agent. In the Formaldehyde Free bkt the straightening agent is Ethyl Alcohol.

I am interested in softliss and bkt but, i have very fine and it is just growing back after a horrible setback. I am 3c and worried about looking too straight and flat with thin hair. Any suggestions? is softliss right for me or should I use something else.

I am interested in softliss and bkt but, i have very fine and it is just growing back after a horrible setback. I am 3c and worried about looking too straight and flat with thin hair. Any suggestions? is softliss right for me or should I use something else.

Soft-liss is the BKT with the reputation for straight hair results.

Many members here have use Rejuvenol, Global Keratin 2% and QOD Max and Gold, and OK (original Keratin) with great success. All of those are said to leave the hair smoother and define natural curls more. There is a huge thread here where several women posted their responses with the above-listed treatments.

I only have my GVP Flat iron that goes up to 410 degrees. I'm nor really willing to buy another. I love it!

Do you think that is good enough?

Back