BKT alternative?

yodie: for someone with fine hair thats wants to wear it like 90-100% straight, is this treatment worth it? i know fine hair doesnt like a lot of heat as we hear. but it means with de i will have to flat iron every wash to have straight hair? wont that be damaging? making the treatment a waist of time?

i really feel like trying it but i want to make sure its the right decision before buying that expensive product. i soooo want to do it

coolsista-paris, I have fine strands and the DE treatment strengthens my strands. My strands need it and I have to use LESS heat with this treatment.

I've worn twist outs with the DE treatment and it looks and feels great, but my hair has never done well (stayed healthy) in twist out styles. I would have to re-do my twist out style every 3-4 days to recondition (moisturize) my hair and maintain the look, but I'm not sure if that's too much manipulation for my hair right now.

So, right now I prefer blow dry (tension method) and flat iron with steam. I only use heat about once every two weeks. I pin curl my hair at night to maintain a bend/flip.
I noticed that I had more single strand knots when I tried to steam flat iron air dried hair. So, not worth it.

Maybe you can try flex rods or curlformers?
To answer your question, YESSSS, this treatment is totally worth it. I'm actually enjoying my hair for the first time in my life.

So would you use the DE Strengthening Therapy System Silkening Spray with the DE Strengthening Therapy Transitioning Mousse? I am thinking about buying the spray, until I buy the mousse. Maybe the spray is temporary until you shampoo?

I just want some of this stuff :yep:

So would you use the DE Strengthening Therapy System Silkening Spray with the DE Strengthening Therapy Transitioning Mousse? I am thinking about buying the spray, until I buy the mousse. Maybe the spray is temporary until you shampoo?

I just want some of this stuff :yep:

I think using both may be overkill because I had to stop using joico's k-pak leave-in once I got the treatment because using both left my hair really dry and brittle but once I stopped using the leave-in my hair was fine.

coolsista-paris, I have fine strands and the DE treatment strengthens my strands. My strands need it and I have to use LESS heat with this treatment.

I've worn twist outs with the DE treatment and it looks and feels great, but my hair has never done well (stayed healthy) in twist out styles. I would have to re-do my twist out style every 3-4 days to recondition (moisturize) my hair and maintain the look, but I'm not sure if that's too much manipulation for my hair right now.

So, right now I prefer blow dry (tension method) and flat iron with steam. I only use heat about once every two weeks. I pin curl my hair at night to maintain a bend/flip.
I noticed that I had more single strand knots when I tried to steam flat iron air dried hair. So, not worth it.

Maybe you can try flex rods or curlformers?
To answer your question, YESSSS, this treatment is totally worth it. I'm actually enjoying my hair for the first time in my life.

i remember how my hair was doing fine when i used heat every 2 weeks ( blow dry tension method). i did not flat iron a lot( maybe 4 -6 times).
when i air dry its not that smooth.

i will have to check on ebay... and if any samples exist so i can try it out

Last edited:
So DE won't give me straight hair when wet? :ohwell: I thought I could avoid an actual BKT. Still looking though. I'm not doing anything until the end of the year anyway. Taking any suggestions.

So DE won't give me straight hair when wet? :ohwell: I thought I could avoid an actual BKT. Still looking though. I'm not doing anything until the end of the year anyway. Taking any suggestions.

SuchaLady I dont think these treatments get your hair any type of straight when wet:lachen:

How come you don't want to try a bkt?

Napp I had never heard anything good about them. Granted I am going off earlier reviews though. And truth be told I don't even desire bone straight hair. Just straightish with a wave. My relaxed hair does not even get bone straight. I just want to transition out of using them.

Anyone have advice on clarifying before the treatment? I an struggling to find the DE clarifying shampoo so may buy a different one

Anyone have advice on clarifying before the treatment? I an struggling to find the DE clarifying shampoo so may buy a different one

I use Arosci, but I just use VO5 clarifying shampoo. Results are great but I've only done it once, so I have nothing to compare it to.

Can we still use sulfur products in our hair with this treatment? Like growth oils? How about protein and conditioning treatments?

MixedGirl

The instructions say to use the DE Sulfate Free shampoo then apply the treatment. I used Suave clarifying shampoo last week and my hair was sooooo dry. :nono:

im sooo sad! i havent found anything on amazon, nor ebay for design essentials, nor ariosci. that must be because im in france. i tried the uk and still found no mousse of the 2 brands.
i found an american wesbsite selling de in sample size for 45$ .... but the shipping was 45$ !!! im starting to give up

im sooo sad! i havent found anything on amazon, nor ebay for design essentials, nor ariosci. that must be because im in france. i tried the uk and still found no mousse of the 2 brands.
i found an american wesbsite selling de in sample size for 45$ .... but the shipping was 45$ !!! im starting to give up

I bought mine from france!
Lumi beauty.

My treatment has worn off. I am going to order the mousse off ebay. The girl who did my last 2 treatments try to play me last time and use the strengthening spray instead of the mousse talking about it is the same and wanted to charge me the same price, BS....

So I will order the mousse do the first half myself then go to the salon to wash out the con, blowdry, and flat iron.

My treatment has worn off. I am going to order the mousse off ebay. The girl who did my last 2 treatments try to play me last time and use the strengthening spray instead of the mousse talking about it is the same and wanted to charge me the same price, BS....

So I will order the mousse do the first half myself then go to the salon to wash out the con, blowdry, and flat iron.

Yeahhh!! The spray costs a lot less than the mousse

:lol: I had the same idea. I am going to do it at the end of the year, so that I can get my ends professionally trimmed.

Has any one tried goin naturals morargan transition foam? Im thinking of tryin it simply because its cheap(compared to the others)

A relative and her daughter tried BKT and they both were eager to use it - I don't know which one they used - but here we are months later and they are both complaining of broken, thinning hair. The mom said she wished that she had never used it. Their hair texture is about 3c.

So I'm interested to read about any alternatives.

Back