Biotin

Bought it from Walgreens. I have not seen any results.

Of course I just started talking them so...
We'll see.

I notice a difference since I upped my dosage of Biotion to 20,000 IU's per day. My hair is growing faster. I take Vitafusion Biotin. I also increased my Vitamin D which I read helps with stimulating hair growth including dormant follicles and helps to thicken hair. So I don't know if it is the combination of the two or what but I'm going to keep taking them both along with my multivitamin.

I swear by Biotin. I don't notice an increase in growth, but I have noticed a dramatic change in the "quality" of my hair. By quality I mean that my hair grows in much healthier. It's significantly thicker and more resilient.

Biotin increases the keratin production in the body which promotes healthy hair growth. It also increases the elasticity of the cortex of the hair, which prevents breakage.

I'm not sure if the brand matters but I normally take the Vitacost Brand 5,000mcg. It's a permanent part of my regimen, I've been taking it for 15 months consistently.

I think Biotin helps with density rather than length, in my own personal experience which is no bad thing.

As with any other supplement patience is key. I think it was about 4-6 months before I noticed a difference.

As already mentioned my hair feels a lot stronger too.

That's good to hear because I want density even more than faster growth. I'm watching to see how it affects my nape area which is noticeably less dense than the rest of my hair. I feel like it is growing in thicker but I am going to need more time to tell for sure. I think because I've never taken a higher dosage of Biotin before, my hair is just sprouting out. I hope it continues.

That's good to hear because I want density even more than faster growth. I'm watching to see how it affects my nape area which is noticeably less dense than the rest of my hair. I feel like it is growing in thicker but I am going to need more time to tell for sure. I think because I've never taken a higher dosage of Biotin before, my hair is just sprouting out. I hope it continues.

There's nothing like thickness. You could have an abundance of thick hair at shoulder length for it to look longer than someone else at APL.

I'm so glad it doesn't break my skin out. Some people have such a horrible time with it.

Last edited:
Back