Biostrand Has TOO MUCH protein!!!

ms_kenesha

I think the Biostrand System has too much protein in it! I washed my hair yesterday with it and air dryed via my "scarf method" (take a long silky scarf, knot the two ends around your neck, slip the scar back like a headband, all your hair should be covered and the back of the scarf is hanging down resembling the Muslim scarves, take the back of the scarf and twist it and make a bun (if your hair is long it'll be twisted with the scarf) slip two hair clips at the front so it doesn't fall out when I sleep). Anyway when I took off the scarf the hair at the nape and back was so DRY and crunchy similar to my Infusium 23 mishap!!! SO I had to rewet it with the Elasta QP Penetrating Moisturizer spray. I then did Adrienne's ponytail method with my brand new ponytail, which I love to DEATH!!! I think I'm going to have to abandon my Biostrand System and maybe limit it to the two conditioners because I think it was the Phorme spray that contributed to the dryness!

The BIOSTRAND Phorme spray's ingredients are: water, propylene glycol, meadowfoam seed oil,stearalkonium chloride, sodium isosterol, lactylate, ceatryl alcohol, polysorbate 20, panthenol, aloe vera oil, sage extract, chamomile extract, quaternium-79, hydrolyzed silk, benzophenone-4, dmdm hytdantonin, methylparaben, fragrance
Does anyone know which ingredient in here contributed to the SUPER dryness?

I use Biostrand products and I don't have a problem with excessive dryness (my hair is dry anyway but it doesn't seem extra dry) but then again Phorme is the only product I don't have. I use Biosynthesis leave in (BioPhinish)instead which is the best product I have ever used!!!! I think you should probably just cut out the Phorme like you want to because it is a pretty good system overall. Do you have Structurein 2.1 too? If you do how does that work out for you?

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
so DRY and crunchy similar to my Infusium 23 mishap!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

What happened with Infusium 23? I really like that stuff.

Just wondering because I had the same problem with the Biosynthesis (which I really liked) but I have no-lye hair and the protein was really to much for me.

When I bought the system they didn't include the BioPhinish (dayum them! /images/graemlins/grin.gif). I just started back with the BIOSTRAND so I haven't used the Structerin 2.1 yet. When I used it previously I wasn't paying much attention to my hair, but I guess that means it didn't hurt my hair because I would've remembered that!

I read that you really liked the Infusium 23, but it made my hair so crunchy and hard! Maybe it's my hair type (4A) since you're a 3 it might be better for your hair. A friend I know uses it and so does her mother and they have beautiful hair, but they are also 3Bs.

I am resurrecting this old post to see if anyone has any more comments on the Biostrand system, namely, the Phorme. It's a daily moisturizing spray and a fellow board member just PM'd me and gave it a great review, so I'm thinking about giving it a try to replace my "Dew." Trouble is, it's even MORE expensive than Dew!! It comes to $19.00 for 8 oz. (with shipping). Sigh.... Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
smile.gif

Back