BioLustre...anyone, anyone?

Teva

I found out about this product in an old Glamour magazine.

"Biolustre Hair Repair Treatment has a cult following for deep conditioning."

It's $30.00 and claims to be a permanant reconstructor, which there is no other kind like it on the market. It really seemes like a miracle for extremely damaged hair and the reconstructive effects bond to the hair and will never be washed out unlike other reconstructors. So they say!!

http://www.biolustre.com/order.cfm

Teva, I've never tried it but it sounds interesting. It also sounds suspicious.
From the FAQ section of their site:

[ QUOTE ]
Our patent-pending cross-linking polymer formula is
heat activated so that it bonds to your hair (not just coats it) and changes the molecular structure, bringing it back to a virgin state AND IT DOESN'T WASH OUT. After you have clarified and dried the hair, Biolustré penetrates the hair shaft and binds synthetic polymers into the hair which are molecularly simular to hair. The result is perfect virgin hair.

[/ QUOTE ]
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif
huh.gif

and

[ QUOTE ]
Dallas, TX, – Biolustré utilizes a proprietary and patent pending cross-linking polymer bonding process is used to bond, fill and repair damaged hair follicles by creating synthetic carboxyl groups. A multi-million dollar shampoo company conducted an independent study and confirmed BioLustré’s claims.

Their report states:
“We have evaluated your Damage Repair formula ...
Our tests were conducted on hair swatches which were damaged intentionally by using excessive amounts of a permanent wave solution, followed by bleaching. The treated and untreated hair swatches were then evaluated blind by an expert panel of ten judges who are trained in the art."

Their lab report concludes...
"Results show a significant improvement in the condition of the hair overall and, more specifically, the treated hair felt smoother, had better strength and appeared to have more shine.” Other research conducted independently found that: “Once your damage repair formula is applied, it increases the strength of damaged hair by 200-300 %. And then, it increases the elasticity so that the hair can be stretched longer and it won’t break”.

[/ QUOTE ]

A multi-million dollar shampoo company conducted an independent study and confirmed BioLustré’s claims. Why not name the company and cite the research?

I'd do some further research before trying this one Teva.

Here's there Q&A section:

[ QUOTE ]
Q. What exactly is it, a shampoo, conditioner, treatment ?
It is an Instant Hair Reconstructor you use before and/or
after any chemical process such as coloring, highlighting perming or straightening. This is not a cosmetic product that will wash away, (i.e. a deep conditioner or hot oil treatment). It is a unique cross-linking polymer which actually repairs hair!

Q. When do I apply it?
You want to apply Biolustré Instant Hair Reconstructor if the hair is damaged. Several salons now use the product before intensive processes to such as straightening to keep the hair soft and silky through the process. Since it bonds with hair, the shine, softness and manageability will not wash away. You will also want to apply the Biolustré Instant Hair Reconstructor before and/or after ANY chemical process.

Q. How does it work?
Our patent-pending cross-linking polymer formula is
heat activated so that it bonds to your hair (not just coats it) and changes the molecular structure, bringing it back to a virgin state AND IT DOESN'T WASH OUT. After you have clarified and dried the hair, Biolustré penetrates the hair shaft and binds synthetic polymers into the hair which are molecularly simular to hair. The result is perfect virgin hair.

Q. Will it make hair grow ?
We cannot make that claim, however, it will prevent hair from breaking off, therefore retaining the length.
Q. Is it like ... ?
There is no product that works the way ours does. PERIOD. Others claim to strengthen hair using protiens and magnesium. But Biolustré is the world's first scientifically proven product that actually repairs hair instantly, AND IT DOESN'T WASH OUT. Everyone in the hair industry knows that there has never been a product that can bring hair back to a virgin state. Biolustré products let you do up to six chemical processes on your hair without causing damage and leaves a shine and softness that won't wash away.

Q. I color my hair, will it help me?
Using the Biolustré Instant Hair Repair Treatment, you could literally color hair up to 6 times a day (if you choose) without causing damage. In fact, your hair will be softer, shinier and more manageable than you thought possible, even after multiple coloring processes. Clinical studies also showed that hair color will last up to 6 times longer.

Q. I perm my hair, will it help me?
By using the Biolustré Instant Hair Repair Treatment before
and after, you could literally perm your hair without causing
damage. In fact, your hair will be softer, shinier and more
manageable than you thought possible, even after multiple
chemical processes.

Q. I straighten my hair, will it help me?
By using the Biolustré Instant Hair Repair Treatment before and after, you could literally straighten your hair without causing damage. In fact, your hair will be softer, shinier and more manageable than you thought possible, even after multiple chemical processes..

Q. Can Biolustré be used on teenagers?
Biolustré products are safe for all ages, male and female.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Q. I color my hair, will it help me?
Using the Biolustré Instant Hair Repair Treatment, you could literally color hair up to 6 times a day (if you choose) without causing damage. In fact, your hair will be softer, shinier and more manageable than you thought possible, even after multiple coloring processes. Clinical studies also showed that hair color will last up to 6 times longer.

[/ QUOTE ]

YEAH, RIGHT!!!
look.gif

Maybe it would help to show some before and after demonstations. I am still curious dispite some some the extreme claims.

[ QUOTE ]
Brooke007 said:
Maybe you could go ahead and try it for us in the interests of science
sekret.gif
poke.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe, nope, I won't be the guinepig.
grin.gif

Back