Biolage Leave-In Tonic

I tried the Leave in tonic on my half natural half relaxed hair and I loved it. It provided that extra slip i needed to get through the excessive tangles. Thanks Hairlove and Supergirl for suggesting this product. I will now be one of my staples!

I tried the leave-in tonic for the first time yesterday evening, after much inspiration from you ladies, of course! I roller set my hair as usual, dried it, and slept with it in pin curls (my usual weekly routine). I used a generous amount to detangle my hair since I am 3 months post relaxer. I noticed that I shed less hair during the detangling process. This morning, it was nice and bouncy. I did a few heads "swishes" from side to side
trampoline.gif
, but then returned it to my trusty bun! Love this product!!

I just went to the Biolage website www.biolage.com , you can get coupons to try Biolage and Matrix products, its only for the US so I can't use them but I thought you ladies might like to know.

I like Biolage leave-in tonic!

OK, I did my first conditioner wash since my relaxer on 10/10/2003. I hadn't combed/styled/moisturized/looked at my rollerset hair in 2 weeks, so I expected major tangles. I'd worn my (fallen flat) straight hair down or up in a claw mostly for the past 2 weeks. The Biolage bottles from Trade Secret were sitting on the bathroom shelf untouched. I have been lazy and negligent.
frown.gif

1. I applied the Biolage detangling solution on my dry hair last night, sat under the shower cap and heating bonnet for an hour, and left it on overnight.

2. I applied another gob of Biolage detangling solution to saturate my wet hair in the shower this a.m. and let it sit for 5 minutes.

3. I began to finger and shower comb my hair, but it was tough going. The lubrication from the detangling solution and being under the shower stream helped. The detangling solution rinses out cleanly without leaving a residue cuz it doesn't have mineral oil or balsam. There was hardly any shed hair at all. I was non-plussed. I'd had similar results with Keracare's detangling shampoo.

4. When the detangling solution was mostly rinsed out and I was giving up on the remaining tangles, I stepped out from under the shower stream to spray in the Biolage leave in tonic.
shocked.gif
SUDDENLY I COULD COMB THROUGH MY HAIR!
shocked.gif
It was just like when I'm at the washbowl in the salon and the combout is all effortless. The 2 weeks' worth of shed hair that had been causing the tangles finally combed out no resistance, so there was more hair in the comb.
ohwell.gif
How dare a sprayed-in liquid conditioner be so effective!

5. I applied Razac's polishing gloss, put up my wet bun, and went on my way.

Ladies, is the Biolage leave in tonic just as effective in detangling new growth?
confused.gif
I don't have much new growth yet since I'm 2 weeks post touchup.

I am probabaly the only one who is just ho-hum about this product.It is just okay for me.I like my other leave-ins better.

Awww dang! Now I'm going to have to try this one....I can feel the PJ devel comin out now!
angeldevil.gif

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I am probabaly the only one who is just ho-hum about this product.It is just okay for me.I like my other leave-ins better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand completely. At the salon I go to, the stylists use the International Textures leave in with the same detangling effect in the final combout.

scratchchin.gif
Maybe now I can finally finish off more of my mediocre conditioners if the key to detangling is the leave in and not so much the conditioner.

I do love the Biolage Leave-In. It detangles so well and smells so good! I alternate it with my Headress so both last longer.
smile.gif

I don't know if everyone has a Cotsco or BJ's but one of them have it. I don't remember the price. Saturday when my young teen and I did "beauty day" - we partially air dryed before blow drying - when teen girls hair was halfway dry it felt hard, cripsy even - I had to forgotten to put the Biolage - so I sprayed it on and her hair softend up immediately. I was pleasently surprised. See, I've been using Biolage, but immediately after conditiong and prior to roller settting - so I never noticed anything special, this was the first time we tried the partial air dry thing before blow drying(we haven't used a blow dryer in months). So after it dryed a little more her hair was noticably softer after the Bolage. I likey
smile.gif

Hairlove,

Are you still enjoying this product?

My hair stylist used it on my hair today. It seems pretty good.

Hate to jump on a seemingly long band wagon but I LOVE this stuff too! I just used the last little bit I had on my two year old. I use it all of the time before rollersets, blowdrying or wrapping. It's also a great hair refresher. Awesome product! Much better than Aveda Styling Curresence to me.

Allandra,

I do love this product but I have finally found a cheaper replacement - Pantene Leave-in Conditioning Spray. I usually add some Proclaim Oil before using it. It seems to work just as well.

Hairlove,

I'm glad I purchased the Pantene stuff. When I run out, I'll just buy some more since it's working well (and the Biolage cost much more).

*BUMP*

Just wanted to bump this thread b/c I've recently gone back to using this product and I plan to use it long-term now instead of the Pantene Conditioning Spray that I'd recently replaced it with.

This stuff just detangles like nothing else I've ever used. My hair 'stays' detangled instead of tangling back up as soon as the comb has finished going through it. I've noticed quite a difference the last two times I did my hair which were also times I used the Biolage instead of Pantene.

Is anyone still using this product and finding similar results?

Does anyone have the ingredient listing of this product (or if u can, put a link where i can find the ingredients).

I still use my Biolage Leave-In Tonic, it's a keeper! I alternate it with my Headress, my other keeper. They both cost about the same so I'm extending the life of both products this way. The good thing about Biolage besides the excellent detangling, is that is leaves my hair shiny. The Headress has excellent detangling also but does not leave a shine.

I found that the Biotera also turned soapy when I used it. I kept thinking that I hadn't rinsed all the shampoo out of my hair. Also the ingredients for Biotera leave in aren't that close to what's in Biolage.
Get the real thing. It's worth the money.
smile.gif

Back