Biolage Leave-In Tonic

laugh.gif
--Not about this!

Actually, it may give my hair shine, but I wouldn't know it because I always put some kind of oil in my hair after I spray the biolage on and then I dry my hair. I still love it!
smile.gif

This is pretty good detangling. Thanks to whoever mentioned the fact that Pantene Leave-in comes in a smaller size. That justifies me spending more for a larger bottle of Biolage! I also use it at night to moisturize and in the morning to prepare my hair for the gel and scarf trick!

[ QUOTE ]
DSD,

You will definitely get some good detangling with this stuff!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's good to hear cause my hair tangles something fierce! Lol

Well I just got back from Ulta. Purchase some of the Biolage leave-in tonic and some of the Biolage detangling solution. Has anyone ever used that? I bought it cause it sounded good and it was a little over 3 dollars. It comes in a littlee 4 ounce bottle and it is supposed to lightly condition and detangle and leave a natural shine.

so is this product a leave-in conditioner? Sorry if thats a dumb question considering its called a Leave-in tonic. I'm kinda confused about the tonic part
look.gif

Whats the difference between the leave in tonic and the detangling solution? Are they supposed to be used together or not? Do either of them moisturise?

Yes, the Leave-In Tonic is a Leave-In conditioner.

DSD,

The detangling solution is really good.

sithembile,

The difference between the leave-in tonic and the detangling solution is that the DS is a rinse-out formula. The leave-in is obviously, well--a leave-in!

Supergirl,
A little off-topic but what Biolage products do you use? I want to try the conditioning balm as a deep conditioner and also this detangler but geez, so expensive! But hey, it's my hair we're talking about!
smile.gif

Hairlove, here is the list of all the Biolage products I've used:(it may sound like alot, but Biolage is my main line)

Biolage Ultra Hydrating Shampoo
Biolage Ultra Hydrating Balm
Biolage Hydro-Active Masque
Biolage Conditioning Balm
Biolage Leave-In Tonic (of course)
Biolage Detangling Solution
Biolage Fortifying Conditioner
Biolage Fortifying Leave-In

I know it looks like I'm helping Biolage pay their rent every month
laugh.gif

The one that I am not really crazy about is the Ultra Hydrating Balm. It made my hair alittle too soft and I lost quite a few hairs the couple of times I used it. I'm going to figure out a way to use it up though
smile.gif

With the Masque, I put the regular conditioning balm (which is an excellent product) on top of it!

I also recommend the fortifying conditioner. When I tried it, I came straight here and did a rave on it because the silkiness was UNBELIEVABLE!
smile.gif

I bumped the thread for ya.

HairLove, I finally found this at a local discount store. Yeah, what a discount,,, it was $10.99, which seems to be the regular price. Anywho, they had 1 bottle left & it had dried up conditioner along the sides ((yuck)).

I took down the co's address & requested a free sample. Now, the funny thing is, the address was local
smile.gif
. In fact, I pass the manufacturing bldg weekly
smile.gif
. I'm really excited
trampoline.gif
and simply can not wait to recv my samples...
trampoline.gif

BTW, I just peeped ur new pics... I absolutely luv ur braid out!!!! Jet black & wavy... it's soooo pretty
smile.gif
. Ur bun is PERFECT. It's amazing that u've recvd that result the 1st time
shocked.gif
. Very beautiful...

Peachtree,

I hope you receive the samples soon! I just know you'll love it!

Thanks for the compliment. I'm hoping I can duplicate my bun look. The braidout was kind of a flop that I will have to work on!
smile.gif

Does the Biolage Leave-In have protein? Right now, I'm using Nexxus Headress for my leave-in and I like it but it sounds like Biolage has better detangling.

Supergirl, I've never used the Biolage Fortifying Leave-In before, but I almost got it once and then I saw that one of the ingredients in it was some kind of alcohol. How do you like this product, and do you find it at all drying to your hair? Thanks!

Cindy,

The Fortifying Leave-In does contain STEARYL alcohol. This is not one of the bad alcohols--it is one of the fatty ones(moisture-providing). In fact, most alchols that you see in hair products are not the bad ones.

SD Alcohol 40 & Isopropyl Alcohol are the ones you should be more cautious with.

[ QUOTE ]
I just read my bottle ingredients and I see "hydrolized vegetable protein."

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Hairlove. I'm learning so much from you and others on this board.

Supergirl,
I seem to recall that you used Joico products, have you ever used their Integrity leave in, and how does it compare to the Biolage leave in?

sithembile

Of course I have used the integrity leave-in and it really does not come close to the Biolage. I actually don't care much at all for the integrity leave-in. IMO, the K-Pak leave-in is even better that the integrity
smile.gif

Back