Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling Solution

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
SILK-SILK-SILK! That's what these make your hair feel like. Now I know why the Herbal Essences Lady makes all that noise
laugh.gif

These are fantastic products. The fortifying conditioner is not a protein conditioner but is intended to strengthen the hair by using cerafusion technology. Now, I'm not all the way sure what that is, but it has something to do with Ceramides which really re-inforce and strengthen the cuticle. I thought my hair would feel hard b/c it was a strengthening treatment, but when I rinsed it out it really felt like satin.

I didn't need to put anything else on it, but I'd already planned on trying the detangling solution today so I slapped some on after I rinsed out the fortifying conditioner and my goodness--it does indeed detangle. It's better than I expected. My hair felt sooooo good when I rinsed it.

These are keepers!

Ditto, thanks for the review!

With the Detangling Solution, was it watery or more creamy? I am not enthused about Biolage in general after my experience with the Conditioning Balm. It did indeed leave my hair soft, shiny and silky, but it was a bit "light" for my hair because I had flyaways the next day.

Thanks,

Jade

P.S. How much did you pay for these products?

Re: Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling Solu

Jade,

The Detangling solution was very creamy and has a very light blue color.

Now I see why you were asking about the Ultra Hydrating Balm since the regular Conditioning Balm was alittle light on your hair:)

The detangling solution was 9.95 for 13.5 oz.(Trade Secret)

The fortifying was 14.95 for 8 oz.(Ulta)

Re: Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling Solu

Hi Lunalight,

Biolage is a salo/professional brand or hair products. Check out their website if you're interested www.biolage.com

Re: Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling Solution

Thanks for the review. Now I have another set of conditioners to add to my arsenal
grin.gif

Thanx Supergirl...it was the reference to the commercial that confused me...making a pj list as we speak since we have the same hair type....

Thanks again, Supergirl!

I am definitely going to locate the Detangling Solution at Trade Secret. That price was not nearly as high as what I thought you were going to type!

~Jade~

P.S. Yes, to the Conditioning Balm. I am going to do a search and see if Tracy has written her review on the Ultra Conditioning Balm.

Re: Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling

A stylist recommended the Biolage Fortifying Conditioner to me and I've used it for 2 months now whenever I do a regular wash and deep condition. I like it alot too. My hair isn't dry even after I wash it out. It does have that "silky" feel to it. It's good to know I'm not the only one who noticed it!

My only question is, Is this conditioner good enough to be used as a "moisturizing" conditioner or will I have to get something else for my conditioner washes??? On my shelf right now, I also have the Infusium PowerPac (not so thrilling) and the Organic Root Stimulator (ORS) Hair Mayonnaise....

Thanks ladies!!

Re: Biolage Fortifying Conditioner&Detangling

Hi Kinikini!

Welcome to the board if I haven't said that already. I think it's a good idea to have a separate moisturizing conditioner. The fortifying conditioner is really just re-inforcing and strengthening the hair cuticle
smile.gif

SILK-SILK-SILK! That's what these make your hair feel like. Now I know why the Herbal Essences Lady makes all that noise
laugh.gif

These are fantastic products. The fortifying conditioner is not a protein conditioner but is intended to strengthen the hair by using cerafusion technology. Now, I'm not all the way sure what that is, but it has something to do with Ceramides which really re-inforce and strengthen the cuticle. I thought my hair would feel hard b/c it was a strengthening treatment, but when I rinsed it out it really felt like satin.

I didn't need to put anything else on it, but I'd already planned on trying the detangling solution today so I slapped some on after I rinsed out the fortifying conditioner and my goodness--it does indeed detangle. It's better than I expected. My hair felt sooooo good when I rinsed it.

These are keepers!

Hi @Supergirl I know this an ollllllddddd thread, but are you still using the Biolage Fortifying conditioner? I happen to stumble across a liter size, but I can't find any info online about it and I'm wondering if it's been discontinued. TIA

Back