Biolage Cera-Repair REVIEW! (finally)

Dposh167

cera_hydratherapie.jpg
I've BEEN trying to use this product so i can post my review of it, and i finally used it today. I also know that there are some ladies on here who wanted to use it too so i'm gonna give u my honest opinion of this. (im very detail-ish) so sorry for a not so short version

...this product is actually really worth it!:lick:

There are many different ones to use and I used the 'Hydratherapie'.
The products claims to:
-restore moisture balance to dry hair
-restore damaged cuticle layers to improve health by using ceramide technology
-add softness and strengthen hair
-etc...

My personal review:
i honestly can say that it did all the above!:grin:. My hair wasn't damaged or in bad condition before i used this so i was skeptical as to how my hair would turn out. However, I relaxed 3 weeks ago so my porosity, moisture balance, and hair elasticity were a little off. After the use of this product (and a rollerset) my hair felt VERY moisturized and soft at the same time. but most of all my hair felt like it retained that moisture.

usually after a rollerset and before a flat iron, i have to put moisturizer on my hair due to dryness from the heat. not this time!:blush: As soon as i took them rollers out, i couldn't believe how my hair kept in all that moisture. even after i flat ironed too! There was no need to do a saran wrap (silk wrap) under the dryer for extra moisture boost!

There's a thread on here about the correlation of ceramides and black hair...so that's what put me onto the ceramide bandwagon. although some believe it's better for no-lye relaxed ladies (which it prob is), but I use a lye relaxer myself and still experienced the benefits of this product.

they have a salon version and an at home version. I tried the at home version (it's in a tube instead). and it's a lot cheaper than the one i have picture on top which is the salon version.

I would definitely recommend this to those who have a problem with retaining moisture when clarifying is just not working. it's worth a try:yep:

poochie167 thanks for the review, I purchased this last week and now I can't wait to try it. How long did you leave it on?, and did you use the dryer?

...How long did you leave it on?, and did you use the dryer?

It said to leave on up to 5 mins then rinse out. so I did just that. I did not use heat at all. However, I've read mixed reviews on how much slip it left other girls. It left me slight slip..but not much. It didn't leave it tangled tho. but i was more concerned over whether it would leave my hair hard or stiff when my hair dried, so i ended up doing a small DC after i rinsed the cera-repair out. but u may not have to use DC afterwards.but just keep one at arms length tho:grin:

by the way mzmatthews ur hair grew really really fast! it looks good. i'm jealous:grin:

Last edited:
I looked for that and didnt find it. SO I got Nexxus KerapHix instead. Is the Biolage better?

i use keraphix as well but i think that both products have different objectives. keraphix helps restore keratin protein whereas cera-repair is using ceramides entirely to help restore moisture balance. (even tho a lot of nexxus products does have a ceramide ingredient) so i can't really compare both cuz i don't consider both in the same category. it all depends on what exactly ur trying to restore in ur hair.

Thanks for your review! I bought some of this off ebay (the salon version) and only used it once. I have many, many more (resident PJ here) and was wondering what to look for in terms of effectiveness. Now I know. Thanks so much! I'll try it out again soon. :rolleyes:

Back