Bio Sil by Jarrow

princesslocks

I started taking them last week Friday and maybe my follicles were :sleep: but know their having a :band: My scalp has some serious tingling going on. There aren't any flakes on my scalp and I"M CONSTANTLY itching.

Currently I'm 12 weeks post relaxer and if this continues who knows :eek:

Has anyone tried Bio Sil capsules by Jarrow ? Did you have the same reaction ?

I take one per day.

The product is actually a form of Silica. It's promoted to strengthen bones & cartialge (sp) however, the packaging says that it beautifies, hair, skin and nails.

I bought this from an Health Food Store "Wild Oats" I'm pretty sure that you could probably find it at any health food store.

I've been itching ALL DAY.

IT's insane !

You can get it from Vitamin Shoppe. I was about to purchase this the other day but decided against it for some reason. I've been thinking of doing the liquid since it would be absorbed directly into the blood stream, and it's cheaper.

I think I'll pick it up next time I'm in VS

I used the liquid. It lasts a long time. I can't speak on the results as far as hair goes. I know it has other benefits. I do think my nails were longer and stronger when I was taking it. I just added 6 drops to my water.

I would purchase it again when I'm more on budget.

p1

patient1 said:
I can't speak on the results as far as hair goes. I know it has other benefits. I do think my nails were longer and stronger when I was taking it.

Same here. My nails are stronger and grow faster. I take the capsules and I have every day for about 7 months now.

They claim: "BioSil (Si{OH}4) is 20,000 times more soluble than silica (SIO2-found in horsetail and colloidal gels) and many times more bioavailable than other forms of silicon!"

I is very popular because My local Vitamin Shoppe is always running out of it.

I just started last week too. My scalp is itching like crazy, and I don't have dandruff, so it's not that...and I've noticed some new growth already. I thought I was imagining this at first, but I'm glad you share my experience. I use the drops, not the capsules. It's gross unless you mix it in juice. I've been mixing with my MSM (just started MSM this week).

jwhitley6 said:
I just started last week too. My scalp is itching like crazy, and I don't have dandruff, so it's not that...and I've noticed some new growth already. I thought I was imagining this at first, but I'm glad you share my experience. I use the drops, not the capsules. It's gross unless you mix it in juice. I've been mixing with my MSM (just started MSM this week).

wow,after hearing this I am def. getting it after I complete my cleanse.

jwhitley6 said:
oh, and my nails got hard the 2nd day of using it. That shocked me.

I don't think it can make nails that have already grown out stronger?

I am pretty sure that supplements that help nails and hair can only effect the "new" hair and nail growth acheived after our bodies have metabolized the substanse and allocated the resources to different parts of our bodies.

I have been taking Biosil for 7 months. I was taking the liquid, but after the
1st bottle ran out, I started the capsules.

My manicurist started commented on my nails before I really even noticed, but that after about 3 months or so on Biosil.

I'm telling you what I know to be true for me....It made my "already grown out nails" harder. As if I used a hardening nail polish. I can give you all the chemistry behind it, but my nails are significantly harder.

I play piano and keep my nails short, and always notice changes to my hands and fingers...swelling and otherwise. Honeslty, I couldn't care less about growing my nails out. I'm just using for my hair, but thought I'd mention the immediate effect on my nails.

jwhitley6 said:
I'm telling you what I know to be true for me....It made my "already grown out nails" harder. As if I used a hardening nail polish. I can give you all the chemistry behind it, but my nails are significantly harder.

I play piano and keep my nails short, and always notice changes to my hands and fingers...swelling and otherwise. Honeslty, I couldn't care less about growing my nails out. I'm just using for my hair, but thought I'd mention the immediate effect on my nails.

I hear ya girl, I play Piano too and I've noticed my nails got considerably harder after taking Andrew Lessman's Hair/Skin/Nails with ultra high levels of MSM. It took 3 weeks to see a difference but it's amazing that you got results so quickly from taking biosil. I will be putting this on my to try list.

The capsules deliver super results in a short amount of time. I noticed the same change in my nails after just a few days. My nails have always grown quickly. I've noticed that the change occured in the appearance of my nail bed and the nails itself.

My hair is doing great. I got a relaxer yesterday and I couldn't believe that my hair grew as much as it did.

I thank the ladies of LHCF and the Bio Sil for the growth.

I've found a great vit-regimen and I'm going to stick to it.

At the rate that I'm going, I'll make BSL in no time.

PrincessLocks:)

Well maybe I am a just too much of skeptic then.

I just can't see how a pill can make dead nails or hair that have already grown stronger.

Anyway, I am so happy that everyone is having such great results with it.

I got 1 inch or hair growth in about 2 1/2 weeks, but I thought it was because of an experiment that I am doing. Maybe its the Biosil.

Anyway, I started taking for my joints and to help support my desire to workout frequently. The hair, skin, nails benefits are definitely welcome!

We should all just stick with what works!

I have the liquid form too. I've been taking it for about three weeks. My nails look great. I am 2 weeks post relalxer with about a 1/4 inch of new growth. But I'm taking Vitamin Shoppes MSM, Gueye's hair pills, and other stuff.

Hmmm.... I might need to scoop some of this up - I could jsut put the drops in my MSM koolaid in the morning....

*adds to her list*

Went through the cabinets this morning and Hark...who goes there but a bottle of BioSil Silica Liquid?!! I totally forgot about this, I started using it this morning. :yay:

Supplements and henna...I'm having a ball!! :angeldevi

jwhitley6 said:

People say supplements affect only new growth and can't affect the entire strand. Silica affected my entired head.

comp_silicahenna-vi.jpg

Both pics are just airdryed.

sareca said:
People say supplements affect only new growth and can't affect the entire strand. Silica affected my entired head.

comp_silicahenna-vi.jpg

Both pics are just airdryed.

now thats crazy!!! If It does that, I can stretch longer!!!

Naijaqueen said:
now thats crazy!!! If It does that, I can stretch longer!!!
I miss my curls.:cry: I cut back my silica to 2x/week. My curls still haven't come back! But it does make stretching easier.

um looks like I'll be ordering some of this too. Boy I really do need some product junke therapy.

Um so guys how does this effect relaxer touch-ups for those who relax, does it touch-up easier or is it more resistant?

Back