Bio Sil by Jarrow

You're welcome Queen ;)

I bought the liquid biosil last week.. doesnt taste bad at all. I pour about 7 drops or so in a bit of juice and drink it. I hope it does something for my brittle nails. It would be great if it enables me to stretch longer !

^^^Something must be wrong with mine, because it tastes like funky armpits smell. I have to hold my nose to take it. Does anybody else's taste awful?

Princess Pie said:
^^^Something must be wrong with mine, because it tastes like funky armpits smell. I have to hold my nose to take it. Does anybody else's taste awful?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you aint the only one. that stuff is awful!!!!!! Its like liquified rotten fish eggs. I have to hold my nose and my breath to stomach it. But I get chills when taking it - it's the WORST.
:bah:

punchinella said:
The bottle says that if you use 6 drops a day it will last for 100 days. HTH
thank you very much for responding, now i'm wondering where can order, i've read bad reviews about the vitacost site.

I bought the BioSil in pill form at Vitaminshoppe but I have also seen it at Whole Foods and some other health food stores. I haven't noticed anything yet, its only been about 1 week.

i've been thinking of ording this product for weeks. after hearing some good reviews, I will go ahead and purchase it. It seems to be a tad bit cheaper on Amazon than the vitamin shoppe. Glad to have found this post:D

I ordered my Bio Sil from Vitacost and had no problems they shipped it to me in three days

den1 said:
thank you very much for responding, now i'm wondering where can order, i've read bad reviews about the vitacost site.

Well, I have been taking about 7-8 drops for 7 weeks and I have not noticed any change at all :( . I was hoping to see a change in my nails but I haven't. I will keep using it consistently until it finishes...

princesslocks said:
I've been itching ALL DAY.

IT's insane !

I have the drops, and my scalp was itching like crazy too with no flakes, then I needed a retouch like in 2 weeks after I had a virgin perm, but I thought that's because I messed it up. I have been using a butter balm so I'm not itching so much now but now I wonder if the Silica had something to do with my itching and growth!

Very intersting indeed

Britt said:
Well, I have been taking about 7-8 drops for 7 weeks and I have not noticed any change at all :( . I was hoping to see a change in my nails but I haven't. I will keep using it consistently until it finishes...

The lady at my health food store said to do 12 - 20 drops per day, I think it says that on the package too, if I'm not mistaken...:confused: I do about 12 drops

poetist said:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you aint the only one. that stuff is awful!!!!!! Its like liquified rotten fish eggs. I have to hold my nose and my breath to stomach it. But I get chills when taking it - it's the WORST.
:bah:

I mix mine up in grapefruit juice. I use GFJ to take my Omega oils too. That stuff will mask any nasty tasting thing

I do the same with my grapefruit juice. I just down it in one swallow so I will taste anything.

AtlantaJJ said:
I mix mine up in grapefruit juice. I use GFJ to take my Omega oils too. That stuff will mask any nasty tasting thing

I'm bringing this thread from waaaay back. My hairstylist always has goals for my hair because she knows I like to switch looks. We're now trying to improve my hair's health and grow it out. She did some research and decided that she wants me to start taking BioSil. So of course I searched it on this forum for background.

Is anyone still liking it, hate it etc.?

I took my first dose (liquid) yesterday and mine mixed with 1/4 cup of O.J. doesn't taste bad at all. In fact I can't taste it. I did 10 drops.

I also have arthritis and other joint problems, and she wants me to improve my skin condition as well so this is why she recommended this for me as opposed to other Hair vitamins. (She's my friend too, so she's allowed to "go there").

Back