Big-Ups to Brooklyn!!

BklynHeart

I was downtown Brooklyn last night at Wild Wild Wings, and just about every woman that came in there had beautiful hair! Natural, relaxed, locs, braids, short cuts, medium length, long, they all looked good and healthy!! There was a small group of young women that came in, and one of them had a long full weave (or maybe lacefront) that was banging. The only way I knew it wasn't her hair is because we were in the bathroom and there wasn't a part. But the style and look was on point.

Keep doing it big Bklyn!!!

Yup BK does have some beautiful head of hair. I'm seeing less missing edged, less weave and dry ashy looking hair.

I too give it up to BK girls.

LOL!! It's at the Atlantic Terminal mall, there's an entrance on Flatbush or if you go in the mall, the side where Daffy's is.

Fo real? I must've walked right past it...

okay... will have to hit that up when I go to Target...
and look at people's hair while I order...

320px-SMirC-thumbsup.jpg

(poor substitute for the thanks button...:ohwell:)

This is true. Almost everyone has beautiful healthy hair and i see a lot of APL and longer hair in Brooklyn. Do you think this is attributed to the stylists here? I didn't see this much long hair when i lived in Harlem.

Ya Know How BK does! There are a variety of ethnic cultures that migrated to Bklyn. When I attended Brooklyn College, I couldn't believe so many beautiful women black/white with stunning features and lovely hair. I think its something in the water or Waahta. Born and Breed in BK.

:bdance:

Last edited:
LOL!! It's at the Atlantic Terminal mall, there's an entrance on Flatbush or if you go in the mall, the side where Daffy's is.

I love that wing spot :grin:...

But to be honest, when I go downtown I see the complete opposite :ohwell: I was commenting to a friend the other day when we walking walking down Fulton st that it seems as though no one takes care of their hair anymore in BK... Maybe I'm going to the wrong places :lachen:Now, when I go to Harlem, I see some gorgeous heads of hair...

I love that wing spot :grin:...

But to be honest, when I go downtown I see the complete opposite :ohwell: I was commenting to a friend the other day when we walking walking down Fulton st that it seems as though no one takes care of their hair anymore in BK... Maybe I'm going to the wrong places :lachen:Now, when I go to Harlem, I see some gorgeous heads of hair...

Yeah, well Fulton St. is a whole 'nother matter.....:lachen: I've seen some tore up heads around that way as well.

Wild Wild Wings is cool, but there was another spot right next to it was was the joint, Belmont Steaks. They closed because they were making money only off of their drink and bar specials. They were banking on the stadium opening and people sitting down for lunch and dinner. Their regular menu food was off the chain.

LOL I never been there before but I may check that place out soon. I know most of my friend's hair is very healthy and thick and they just make sure their hair is done weekly and moisturzed daily. I, myself am from Brooklyn but I do my own hair (due to tooo many bad experiences) and I make sure my hair is washed and deep conditioned 1-2x weekly. idk maybe its because we always have to make sure we look great since there is so many damn events to attend (if we're able to attend those events) :-/

This is true. Almost everyone has beautiful healthy hair and i see a lot of APL and longer hair in Brooklyn. Do you think this is attributed to the stylists here? I didn't see this much long hair when i lived in Harlem.
Noooooooooo ! :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:
LOL I never been there before but I may check that place out soon. I know most of my friend's hair is very healthy and thick and they just make sure their hair is done weekly and moisturzed daily. I, myself am from Brooklyn but I do my own hair (due to tooo many bad experiences) and I make sure my hair is washed and deep conditioned 1-2x weekly. idk maybe its because we always have to make sure we look great since there is so many damn events to attend (if we're able to attend those events) :-/

You can say that again :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

:lol: @ BlackPearl's 'Noooooooooooooooooo'

...sipping my hopped up tea...off to peruse Angeshrty6's fotki real quick...
*mad she said lurking since 2003...*

*aww dang...just got my fotki face cracked...ain't nuttin there.. :lol:*

I'm glad that you saw so many gorgeous heads. Unfortunately, that has not been our experience in BK.

I'm gonna try out that wing spot though. I noticed it today when I was at Target but never stopped in.

I hardly see women in Brooklyn with really long hair, meaning BSL and longer.
But for the most part there are a lot of women with healthy hair. But I do see a lot of weaves and fake hair though and a few women with not so healthy hair.

Back