Big Up to all the Ladies of LHCF

longhairlover

I just wanted to say I love this site, and I am so happy to be a part of this community. Just when I thought black hair growth and natural hair was lost to weaves, I find it is not.

LHCF has shown me that there are women who still believe in growing their own hair, going natural and really loving themselves the way they are.

Being from New York and living in New Jersey now I just felt that myself and my mother were the last of the mohegans that actually do their own hair. I have nothing against weaves but I just feel that we need to be more natural even with a perm (still your hair). It's fine to wear weaves as a change or protective style but to not maintain your own hair at all and rely on the weave as your own hair I feel has devasted the black hair industry up north.

Just wanted to say again that I love this site and can't stay off of it!

Muah!

tati-lhcf addict :lachen:

I just wanted to say I love this site, and I am so happy to be a part of this community. Just when I thought black hair growth and natural hair was lost to weaves, I find it is not.

LHCF has shown me that there are women who still believe in growing their own hair, going natural and really loving themselves the way they are.

Being from New York and living in New Jersey now I just felt that myself and my mother were the last of the mohegans that actually do their own hair. I have nothing against weaves but I just feel that we need to be more natural even with a perm (still your hair). It's fine to wear weaves as a change or protective style but to not maintain your own hair at all and rely on the weave as your own hair I feel has devasted the black hair industry up north.

Muah!

Girl I feel the same way. Welcome to the board! Your hair is beautiful!

I love love love a good weave but, you're right, I got tried of depending on them for length. If I decide I want a little sexy short look, ill definitely be hitting up that BBS.

ITA! I'm one of those who wore weaves for a long time and it was funny because it became a means of defining to myself how beautiful or attractive I percieve myself to be (particularly in my line of work). What's really funny is that I've gotten twice as many compliments with my real hair. When I showed up at the gym where I am a trainer it was funny to see how everyone gagging over how my "new hair cut" has brought my features out even more. Funny no one ever knew it didnt grow from my head but my weaves were always on point (even the black women who knew me didnt know, lol).

But I've come to LOVE my hair. And I cant imagine not nurturing it so that it grows to lengths I never knew it could. And each and every person here (from TWA or NL all the way to WL) inspires me everyday! This is my new addiction, and it's a healthy one that I'm proud of.

Muah!

Wow, I didn't know it had gotten that bad.

I love love love a good weave but, you're right, I got tried of depending on them for length. If I decide I want a little sexy short look, ill definitely be hitting up that BBS.

Yeah weaves from what I hear when done right can really help with hair growth. My mom has a friend that specializes in weaves, she does her own and just took the weave out and said she had a tremendous amount of growth. So i'm sure they do help when they are done correctly. I'd like to try one, one day they have such nice yaki hair out there and the lace wigs.

Wow, I didn't know it had gotten that bad.

yeah in nyc it's bad in my opinion and jersey is worse.I mean in harlem a lot of the girls have hair because that just seems to be the thing in Harlem there are so many good dominican salons where the wash and sets are like $10 for any hair length. In New Jersey it just seems like no one of any race cares about there hair from latino, white to black. the dominican salons out here are expensive there aren't any black salons and the wash and sets are pretty pricey.

Your hair cut is really nice. So even with the weaves you must've really taken care of your hair. Who did your pictures? Yeah I mean there are some really talented weaving stylists out there, guess the women I see in the street are not going to them lol!!! joking!!! "i do not hate fake hair lhcf, i especially love the look of lace front wigs":rolleyes:

ITA! I'm one of those who wore weaves for a long time and it was funny because it became a means of defining to myself how beautiful or attractive I percieve myself to be (particularly in my line of work). What's really funny is that I've gotten twice as many compliments with my real hair. When I showed up at the gym where I am a trainer it was funny to see how everyone gagging over how my "new hair cut" has brought my features out even more. Funny no one ever knew it didnt grow from my head but my weaves were always on point (even the black women who knew me didnt know, lol).

But I've come to LOVE my hair. And I cant imagine not nurturing it so that it grows to lengths I never knew it could. And each and every person here (from TWA or NL all the way to WL) inspires me everyday! This is my new addiction, and it's a healthy one that I'm proud of.

yeah in nyc it's bad in my opinion and jersey is worse.I mean in harlem a lot of the girls have hair because that just seems to be the thing in Harlem there are so many good dominican salons where the wash and sets are like $10 for any hair length. In New Jersey it just seems like no one of any race cares about there hair from latino, white to black. the dominican salons out here are expensive there aren't any black salons and the wash and sets are pretty pricey.

Your hair looks beautiful!!!! Maybe you should be a hair model for your distributing company:spinning:

Yes this has been my best internet find!! Otherwise I was prob gonna give up and cut my hair into a style then be MORE pissed. Big up to LHCF and for sharing all your techniques!

Can't we all shine together!? :lachen:

Hey Sade,

We are all shining together well, networking and being kind to one another on here. That is what is so great and empowering on here. I love this site and I am enjoying all of the wonderful people that I have spoken with in the past year.

You ladies are so wonderful and have such unique qualities and are so helpful.

I wish all women were how we are on here.

And it's nice to know that there are other people out there that are so called "psycho" (as outsider may call us) about there hair they way I am about mine lol!:rolleyes:

This board can make a me a little crazy sometimes :drunk: but it is always right on point. I just spoke to my SO about the grown hair vs. purchased hair.
I have a section of my hair that is messed up and I've used phony ponies and track pieces to fill in but it was for hiding or repair only. I was so excited when we were going out one night and I wanted my hair out so I attached my piece to even out the bottom left side of my hair and it was too short and I didn't need it. It's under the sink and I hope I never need it again.

I'm originally for NY as well and I'm not sure if its because for most of my life I've had medium to "long" hair (however, not as healthy) but I hate to see sisters with weaves. It's like giving up. I believe it plays into the stereotype. THIS IS MY OPINION. I wish more of us knew about this site to help dispel the myths in our community and other communities as well.

I have only a few people ask me if its a weave and I absolutely hate it! It pisses me off! I don't know why but I find it insulting.

This site proves it to us and to the world. YOU CAN GROW LONG HEALTHY HAIR!!!!! THANKS TO YOU LADIES.

I agree with you MsCounsel, I have never had a problem growing my hair, but I just thought maybe black hair is very hard to grow and maintain. But it really isn't and since I found this board I got to see that it's true black women can grow their hair to be just as nice and healthy looking as a weave.

I mean there are a lot of situations where you may have to wear a weave like you said you had damage. My Aunt nearly died from a brain anuerysm. She ended up with Alopecia because of the trauma, when we first visited her at the hospital her hair was dissappearing right in front of her eyes.

She now wears the lace front wigs. And before that her hair was too fragile for perms so she always wore wigs.

I mean there unfortunately are situation where you have no other alternative and that's fine because you have probably tried everything else. I am actually starting to see more women do their own hair now. Everything is a fad so hopefully the black hair styling industry will rein again.

Living in NY is easy to grow your hair fast both natural and relaxed, there are so many salons out here. I don't let dominicans perm my hair but when I was in NY I would do the wash and sets and they know how to wash and set our hair. But in NJ and other states they don't know what they are doing imo and they aren't on every block like NYC.

Back