Big THANKS to whomever recommended...

KnottyGurl

List the hair products/styles/techniques you heard about that worked great but can't remember who recommended it.

V05 Strawberries & Cream Conditioner: I didn't think I would find a replacement for Suave Milk and Honey, but this is BETTER!

Grease: I stopped b/c it was thick and I read that it clogged pores. After reading some suggested products, I found lighter grease products and my hair stays moisturized longer.

Serum: Before this board, I had never even heard of serum. I used to wonder how beautician(s) got my hair so soft and shiny...the secret's out!
Salerm: I use the protein condition and I have little to no breakage anymore. 90% of the hair is shed (bulbs at the end)

Twists: I'm still "perfecting" it but when it doesn't come out quite right down, it makes a great curly ponypuff

Sections: I wash, condition and dry my hair in sections. I have no problems with tangles anymore.

Co-wash/Deep Conditioning: My hair is thicker and actually thriving now!

Stretching: This was definitely foreign to me. I thought new growth was bad hair that had to be tamed upon sight!:lol: Now I know it's nothing but the naturally, beautiful curly hair I was taught to hate.

LHCF: I don't know how the admin(s) came up with the idea of this board, but thanks to whatever inspired them!;):D

My big ups go to:
  • Bev and the other unknowns that created this board;
  • the person that recommended deep conditioning weekly, my hair couldn't thank me more;
  • the person behind the DDTA bandwagon; and
  • all the different people that have helped me understand the key ingredients I should be looking for in different products.

Most of my recs were from an Asian lady from hairboutique.com. She didnt ssuggest specific products but she helped explain Co-washing, gave me her regimen and advised me on what to look for in hair products. Her username is Anaissatin. This was like 3 years ago so i dont know if she still posts there. i know she's now a MOD there and is also on LHC

Back