Big Head Girls, Unite!!!

DDHair

I know there are many of us who have admitted to having big foreheads. I am one of them, I am laughing at myself for even posting this. Anyway, I got some cornrows this past Tuesday, OMG, and this reiterates to me why I never got cornrows before. My head is way too big; it exposes all of the roundness of it and the square ness of my freaking forehead!!! I have really had to talk with God, because the self esteem has been next to 0 this week, lol. I finally achieved a cute look today with a knit hat, but OMG, I vowed to keep these in till at least December 1st. Any other big head/big forehead girls had the insecurities with the cornrows? I need to feel better about this guys, I know God made me the way I am and He likes me, but I need to like me too, LOL.

Hey girl!

I have a round head and as a kid I was teased by my family, school ,etc. "applehead" and "forehead". :lachen: I have learned to love the head that God gave me and now I wear my hair back more often than I used to. I actually get compliments now and people tell me all of the time you have a pretty face why hide it behind the hair.

Once you get used to the style, I think you will like it. However, I myself have not tried the cornrow look yet nor have I tried wearing a head scarf.

Yeah, when I started wearing puffs, I got lots of compliments, it was the first time I had ever exposed my head on that level since I've been able to comb my own hair. Girl, I wonder is God giving us big heads, helping to keep us grounded in more ways than one :D What you said about getting used to it, is what I have been thinking too. Girl, you talking about names, can you believe I was called Bobby's World at one point? Now is that not a mess, I can laugh about it now, but then in high school, it was no laughing matter, however they never said it to my face, but I knew it was supposed to be directed toward me. The funny thing about being teased, is that the people teasing you, have at least tried to get with you or really have liked you at some point. Kind of like the boy picking on you because he likes you kinda thing.

I have a bid head and forehead, hairstylist have always tried to get me to cut a bang, but I don't like them. GOD must have thought I looked cute with this bid head and forehead so who I'm I to argue.

I once had a boyfriend that had to give me his motorcycle helmet, because his "extra" helmet would not fit my head! :D I blamed my weave, but it was just my big head.

I like wearing my hair off my face, because I think I'm cute --BIG head and all! LOL :cool:

Now I'm on the other end of the spectrum. No forehead with a low hairline (gets close to my eyebrows if I let it), and a round face. I always have to shave back my hair line in order to GET a forehead.

DDHair said:
Yeah, when I started wearing puffs, I got lots of compliments, it was the first time I had ever exposed my head on that level since I've been able to comb my own hair. Girl, I wonder is God giving us big heads, helping to keep us grounded in more ways than one :D What you said about getting used to it, is what I have been thinking too. Girl, you talking about names, can you believe I was called Bobby's World at one point? Now is that not a mess, I can laugh about it now, but then in high school, it was no laughing matter, however they never said it to my face, but I knew it was supposed to be directed toward me. The funny thing about being teased, is that the people teasing you, have at least tried to get with you or really have liked you at some point. Kind of like the boy picking on you because he likes you kinda thing.

Girl, it may be to keep us grounded so that we're not too conceited. :lachen: Thank you Lord!!! :lachen:

I was sometimes called "Moon over Miami", I failed to mention that one. :lol:

Girl, I know exactly what you're talking about and then later on by the lockers or after school they're asking for your number. As for me I get to my 10 year high school reunion and hear "you know I used to have a crush on you." What!!?!?!? My head was too big, remember!!!! :lachen:

dlewis said:
I have a bid head and forehead, hairstylist have always tried to get me to cut a bang, but I don't like them. GOD must have thought I looked cute with this bid head and forehead so who I'm I to argue.

That's right, girl!!!! God knows what he's doing when he makes us!!!!

CurliDiva said:
I once had a boyfriend that had to give me his motorcycle helmet, because his "extra" helmet would not fit my head! :D I blamed my weave, but it was just my big head.

I like wearing my hair off my face, because I think I'm cute --BIG head and all! LOL :cool:

Girl, can't nobody tell me I ain't cute now, even with my big head and big forehead!!! :lol:

Big fat head here! Thank God for puffs because this is the only way I can wear my hair straight to the back without too much attention! The puff takes away from my head's/face's 'bigness.':lol:

My head is just plain ole big! SOmetimes I can't do certain styles cause my head's so big!:lol: I used to hate it but I figured this, GOD made our heads and faces BIG so that you can see everything! Most beautiful people have big heads and foreheads!;)

I have a five-head but I still wear cornrows. I get a lot of compliments and I think it looks good so I'm gonna keep on :D

I have a big forehead too but I like to think I have grown into my head. I remember I use to hate when my mom would pull my hair back in a ponytail growing up. It was a long time before I could actually wear a ponytail with all my hair pull back. I'm actually very comfortable with a ponytail now but I always keep that part to the side, LOL! I absolutely refuse to wear cornrows going straight back. I don't know that style just don't fit my face.

I love all of yall, man it feels good to know that someone else has a big head too and that she is a GIRL, LOL. Even you lurkers, do you see what we big head girls go through, lol? I look at these small head girls especially the ones who have a little forehead talking about they got a big ol forehead and I am feeling like the woman who wears a size 20 and hears the woman wearing a size 8 complaining that she is overweight! I am so glad we can be proud of ourselves big forehead, big face, overweight, underweight and all! I know if I didn't have a big head, ooh I would be so full of myself, you couldn't tell me nothing. I wish we could just all be together, the land of the big head girls, so that if somebody said something about us, they would have hell to pay, because they would be the ones not fitting in, lol...okay I am taking this too far, I got love for everybody, so I ain't trippin.

Last edited:
You know what, I love those Diva Dolls, but darnit every time I see that cartoon, I wonder is there a friend or someone of mine thinking I look like them. I know my cousins think me and their little daughter/niece looks like them, but her head isn't that big, her eyes are, so maybe that's what it is, we have wide almond shaped eyes. But I think the Divas are gorgeous!

NoNapNique said:
Now I'm on the other end of the spectrum. No forehead with a low hairline (gets close to my eyebrows if I let it), and a round face. I always have to shave back my hair line in order to GET a forehead.

When I see people whose hair is like that, I wonder are they insecure sometimes, shoot I wish my hair did come in about 2 or 3 inches more. Well I think you are very pretty. Sometimes I hope that the MTG is working magic to create more hair around my hairline... I am so crazy!

Divas aren't the only ones with big heads, some Barbies have them too, so I guess you're right, some pretty "people" have big heads...hey I figure if one of the only things that we have to complain about is a big forehead or head, then we're doing pretty good, so thank God for being so kind to us, through whatever "problems" we might endure!
NAIV.jpg

divinefavor said:
Girl, it may be to keep us grounded so that we're not too conceited. :lachen: Thank you Lord!!! :lachen:

I was sometimes called "Moon over Miami", I failed to mention that one. :lol:

Girl, I know exactly what you're talking about and then later on by the lockers or after school they're asking for your number. As for me I get to my 10 year high school reunion and hear "you know I used to have a crush on you." What!!?!?!? My head was too big, remember!!!! :lachen:

OMG really? It is so funny how people do that. My ex-boyfriend used to love my butt, but he used to stay cappin on my big head, I guess they were terms of endearment. But am I the only big head girl kinda hesitant of marrying a big head man in fear that you will have huge head children? Have any of you married a big head man and didn't have large head children? Cause I have really loved me some men with some nice size heads, of course I love them all (I don't discriminate too much, shoot, I can't afford too, lol) my ex's mom used to say that with his egg head and my round head, our children should be well rounded in the head department, hmmm I don't know about that one, lol.

Last edited:
I got a big head and a big forehead, and what's funny is I didn't even realize this until people started teasing me about in COLLEGE. I was insecure for a minute and started wearing my hair bigger to try to cover my big head. But now, shoot...I dun care! My head fits me. I don't try to hide my head or my forehead, I wear my hair in buns...and people compliment me for the look. I still kinda prefer my hair to have some body to it instead of always being slicked to my head...but I'll wear a sleek style in a minute and look good! :) Anyway, this girl I went to college with, she had a big forehead and she would wear a hair band thing around her forehead practically ALL THE TIME to cover it up. I'm glad I'm not insecure like that. It's a part of me, I can't do nothin about it!

DD, IDK about if you would pass that on to your kids. But, my mom has a big head and my dad has a big forehead. So I got both, lol.

I've been told that I have a big forhead and a big head in general. When I was younger my mom used to make sure that I always had bangs. Now, I don't care. It's mostly other people that seem to have issues with and want to devote attention to my head size. LOL! I wear whatever styles I want and it doesn't bother me. I mean if my forhead was perfect they would find something else to talk about. ;)

Big head/forehead girl checking in! I don't have a problem with my head size because I know I am the sheeeesh! Sometimes people like to crack on my head out of jest but it doesn't affect me because nine times out of ten they have a horrible grill or something else not worth looking at. My boyfriend likes to play with me about my head and tell me, " At least its not as big as Gina on Martin!" I have no complex about my head and as a matter of fact, I almost always wear it back. God gave me this head and you better believe I am going to rock it. Besides, I think this big head compliments my features. Try not to pay attention to your head so much. Tyra Banks has a big forehead but that didn't stop her from getting modeling gigs and becoming famous. I have said my peace...later!

desperategirlie34 said:
I'm a big head girl and i have 3 little big headed boys that are oh so cute.

I have two boys and everyone says that my youngest son looks just like me and yep he got that big apple head. But, he is so handsome! :grin:

DDHair said:
OMG really? It is so funny how people do that. My ex-boyfriend used to love my butt, but he used to stay cappin on my big head, I guess they were terms of endearment. But am I the only big head girl kinda hesitant of marrying a big head man in fear that you will have huge head children? Have any of you married a big head man and didn't have large head children? Cause I have really loved me some men with some nice size heads, of course I love them all (I don't discriminate too much, shoot, I can't afford too, lol) my ex's mom used to say that with his egg head and my round head, our children should be well rounded in the head department, hmmm I don't know about that one, lol.

LOL!!!!

My ex-husband's head wasn't big, my 10 year old has a small but my 7 year old got my head.

big forehead/head checking in also, mummy calls me alien (the little green ones, yea) i've had a big head always n still haven't grown into it, but i love it dearly, i figure the bigger the head the more hair it can hold!!!!!!!!

Back