Big Happie Hair "Bumpits"

I wonder how it would work on natural hair. I did not even see a black person on the website....

Hopefully - they will be 10 bucks in a year or so.

I wonder how it would work on natural hair. I did not even see a black person on the website....

Hopefully - they will be 10 bucks in a year or so.

Yeah I think they would do good in natural , they will just sit right in place.I want to get someone with natural pretty hair like yours to try it. Yeah I think the prices will go down soon, probly before christmas. :grin:

Yeah I think they would do good in natural , they will just sit right in place.I want to get someone with natural pretty hair like yours to try it. Yeah I think the prices will go down soon, probly before christmas. :grin:

awe thanks..:kiss:

When they are 9.99 at sally's or Claire's I will try it.

awe thanks..:kiss:

When they are 9.99 at sally's or Claire's I will try it.

Yeah they probly will bring them in Sally's and i'm sure the price will be down soon :yep:, and you better tell us how it do, when you try it girl. :grin: That would have been a better price $9.99 . I should email them and see if they will have any specials for the holidays.

Yea I seen the commercial and me and my sis was laughing. Some of the people didn't even look like they had them in their hair and the one cheerleaders was like see through. I'm not going to lie I do want some though but I will wait til they come out in stores.

I have them but I've never worn them. I can't position my hair right so that it's not see thru. I have thin edges and use alot of hair in front to swoop/cover them so that's the culprit. I've also only tried to use them when I was in a rush to go out. I'm gonna wait until I need a touch-up and try again.

Of course they had their token black girl :lachen:but that was cute. I could see using that for special occasions or photographs or something. Nifty.

when i first saw the commercial i was like smh cuz everybody was dissin amy winehouse's big ol behive and now they have hairpieces that do the same thing. granted this is a much toned down version its still the same idea when one of the girls in the commercial had the same hairstyle.

Bumping for more bumpits users!

I am considering buying these as they are now available from Sally's at 9.99! I think it would be cute to use these with a half wig. Get the hump in the front so that nobody can notice as easily the line of demarcation where the half wig starts... especially if I have a headband on behind the hump. :scratchch

Bumping for more bumpits users!

I am considering buying these as they are now available from Sally's at 9.99! I think it would be cute to use these with a half wig. Get the hump in the front so that nobody can notice as easily the line of demarcation where the half wig starts... especially if I have a headband on behind the hump. :scratchch

Haha, I bought them for this exact reason! I got them for 9.99 at my local grocery store. I tried to get them to stick in the half wig hair, but because it was synthetic and straight it kept falling out. Maybe if I try it in my hair in front of the wig? Is that what your talking about? I'll play around with them this weekend. I want them to work so bad!!!:yep:

Haha, I bought them for this exact reason! I got them for 9.99 at my local grocery store. I tried to get them to stick in the half wig hair, but because it was synthetic and straight it kept falling out. Maybe if I try it in my hair in front of the wig? Is that what your talking about? I'll play around with them this weekend. I want them to work so bad!!!:yep:

Yeah, that's exactly what I was talking about! :yep:

Bump, has any fine-stranded, fine haird ladies tried this. I get the feeling that with my hair you'd see right through the "bump"

Bump, has any fine-stranded, fine haird ladies tried this. I get the feeling that with my hair you'd see right through the "bump"

Thin/Fine strand here. Tried them.... :ohwell:

They are in the trunk of the car right now for me to take back to the store. :yep:

They didn't work for me. My crown is the sparsest area due to hereditary and age. I think they may work for someone who is natural, but fine or with thin hair, but if you are relaxed like me. Nope. Nada.

Thanks for saving me money. We seem to have the same growth pattern.
Good luck on the return!

Thin/Fine strand here. Tried them.... :ohwell:

They are in the trunk of the car right now for me to take back to the store. :yep:

They didn't work for me. My crown is the sparsest area due to hereditary and age. I think they may work for someone who is natural, but fine or with thin hair, but if you are relaxed like me. Nope. Nada.

I Modified my Bumpit:

I just bought my bumpits and I am going to try it on my natural hair- primarily when I wear my natural small twists (they tend to lay flat in the front the first week). I had troupble getting rid of the spaces and plastic peeking through my hair, so I found a nice remedy.

I wrapped some left over hair extensions (from human hair braids) around the whole bumpit. It made the bumpit more soft and comfortable- and I used enought to cover all the spaces. You do not need anything to secure the extension around the bumpit b/c those claws hold it in place. It still stuck to my head as well (i did not overwrap the bumpit!). My bumpit now blends in nicely and works well with my natural hair.

Back