Big chop tomorrow any tips?

fairyhairy

Hey all
Been lurking and thought i'd make a post, as of tomorrow i will be chopping it all off, well the relaxed ends anyway!!! My last relaxer was Novermber 19th 2008, its been tough, i've looked rough and i'm ready to start afresh wish me luck, as a well done treat i'd like to get some new products what do you guys recommend was thinking Aveda, i'm in the Uk so can't get the lovely stuff you US ladies do!

I was going to make a post like this when I got closer to my bc so I would like to hear some suggestions also! Good luck and make sure u post pics!

When I BC I cut all the straight ends, and let the barber use the clippers to even it up, but he didn't even make it all that even and my front started looking higher than my back. It had that odd 80's hi-top look. But then as my hair got longer it was fine when I wore it straight.

• Make sure you can clearly see your line of demarcation (whether that's wet, or air dried, etc.)

• Once you cut your relaxed ends off, do a WnG immediately and you will be able to see the ends you left on that aren't quite right (scab hair, relaxed ends, etc.) so you can trim those individually.

• Once you have all the relaxed ends off, then work on shaping or trimming into a style. At that point, you may have to sacrifice a little of your natural hair for shape, but if shape/style is important to you, then it will be worth it.

• Take plenty of pics and come back and creat a BC thread, so we can give you lots of oohs and aaahs and love. (It makes you feel really good after your BC, especially when you are still a little unsure of your hair...)

• ***Don't compare your hair to ANYONE ELSE'S, even if you think you have a hair twin, etc., bc your hair grows, behaves and will look different than anything you have ever seen***:lachen:

Good luck, take your time and I know it'll be a great experience!

Thankyou Ladies, will be posting pics as soon as its done, quite nervous really... lol, ps what is WnG?

WnG = Wash n go :grin:

The only thing I can add is deep condition, deep condition, deep condition. I know a lot of ladies love the Damage Remedy line from Aveda, but I don't remember if it's protein based or not. They also have a dry remedy line which is moisture based. Good luck, and I can't wait to see pics!!

cool, i use the moisture line from Aveda as too much protein kills my hair!!, currently dcing, weekly which helped alot!!

Back