Bible Discussion: Will Humans judge Angels??

kweenameena

1 Corinthians 6:3
3Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!

So does this mean that angels are sinners as well? Why does God entrust them with his messages for us if they are sinners and can fail as well?
Did Jesus die for the angels? Do angels live by a different set of commandments?

What say you?????

angels (the ones who have not "fallen") are not sinners.

why does God trust His message to human preachers who were sinners and have failed and could fail again?

seems to me that angels who have not sinned or fallen would rank a lil higher on the trust-with-a-message scale.

I believe that has do to with the devil and his angels...

Some angels did fall. They will suffer the same fate as the devil (who is a fallen angel) and wicked humanity, and so will likely be part of the judgment in Rev 20.

During the 1000 years when the devil is bound and the wicked are still dead, verse 4 discusses the task of judgment given unto the saints of God. It does not specifically mention the fallen angels but since they will suffer the same fate at humans who rejected God, that is the judgment likely spoken about in 1 Cor. 6:3.

Last edited:
I believe that has do to with the devil and his angels...
But havent they already been judged which is why they were cast down to hell? So would they be given second chances by being judged by us or something?
Or does God just deal with Angels and humans differently?

But havent they already been judged which is why they were cast down to hell? So would they be given second chances by being judged by us or something?
Or does God just deal with Angels and humans differently?

No, depending on what you believe. In my belief, the general understanding of hell in the majority Christianity denominations is flawed. Hell translates to the grave in most cases in the Scriptures (both Hebrew and Greek), which then renders an entirely different understand of death, the resurrection and what will occur at the end.

There will be a lake of fire but that will only made by God at the end for those who are wicked. See Rev. 20:9 where it says the fire came down from God and consumed the devil and the wicked. This occurs after the 1000 years (Rev. 20:7). Note that in Rev. 20:13, the Bible says that "death and hell" delivered up the dead that were in them and then in Rev. 20:14, it says that "death and hell" were thrown into the lake of fire.

Those verses are confusing if you believe that the hell actually is the lake of fire. It would then be saying that the lake of fire was thrown into the lake of fire, which doesn't make sense. However, since hell translates to the grave, then that means that death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. Meaning that God completely does away with death and the grave (along with the devil, fallen angels, and wicked humanity). No more dying...

All that to say, the fallen angels are not in any lake of fire/"hellfire" now. It is not until the end when God rains fire down from heaven that they will be consumed and die. During the 1000 years, they - like wicked humanity- will likely be judged.

On my way to church, feel free to ask me any more questions and I will answer when I get back. God bless.

Last edited:
No, depending on what you believe. In my belief, the general understanding of hell in the majority Christianity denominations is flawed. Hell translates to the grave in most cases in the Scriptures (both Hebrew and Greek), which then renders an entirely different understand of death, the resurrection and what will occur at the end.

There will be a lake of fire but that will only made by God at the end for those who are wicked. See Rev. 20:9 where it says the fire came down from God and consumed the devil and the wicked. This occurs after the 1000 years (Rev. 20:7). Note that in Rev. 20:13, the Bible says that "death and hell" delivered up the dead that were in them and then in Rev. 20:14, it says that "death and hell" were thrown into the lake of fire.

Those verses are confusing if you believe that the hell actually is the lake of fire. It would then be saying that the lake of fire was thrown into the lake of fire, which doesn't make sense. However, since hell translates to the grave, then that means that death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. Meaning that God completely does away with death and the grave (along with the devil, fallen angels, and wicked humanity). No more dying...

All that to say, the fallen angels are not in any lake of fire/"hellfire" now. It is not until the end when God rains fire down from heaven that they will be consumed and die. During the 1000 years, they - like wicked humanity- will likely be judged.

On my way to church, feel free to ask me any more questions and I will answer when I get back. God bless.

Ok so I was having a conversation with a friend last nite who also believes that hell is in the grave and that the actual lake of fire doesn't exist yet. I saw his point based on his supporting scriptures but then I remembered the parable of the rich man and lazarus. Wasn't the rich man in hell which is why he wanted a drop of water on his tongue? He also didn't want his brothers to end up in hell to be tormented by the fire. In that parable, lazarus went straight to heaven after his death which also makes me wonder what happens when we die. Do we sleep and wait for Christ's return OR do we go straight to heaven or hell?

Thanks for your input divya....you always bring a different perspective that has me thinking

Ok so I was having a conversation with a friend last nite who also believes that hell is in the grave and that the actual lake of fire doesn't exist yet. I saw his point based on his supporting scriptures but then I remembered the parable of the rich man and lazarus. Wasn't the rich man in hell which is why he wanted a drop of water on his tongue? He also didn't want his brothers to end up in hell to be tormented by the fire. In that parable, lazarus went straight to heaven after his death which also makes me wonder what happens when we die. Do we sleep and wait for Christ's return OR do we go straight to heaven or hell?

Thanks for your input divya....you always bring a different perspective that has me thinking

:yep: The parable about Lazarus is what most point to support the belief that one goes to heaven or hell when you die. However, it's a parable, which means that sometimes these stories are not literal but provide a spiritual meaning. Here, the meaning actually deals with the Jews and the Gentiles and the understanding of God's "chosen people."

All verses in the Scriptures support the belief that when you die, you wait in the grave until the second coming (for the righteous) of Christ or after the 1000 years, for the wicked. I'll give you Scriptures and information on the parable, so you can study for yourself.

On the parable:

http://www.bibletoday.com/archive/the_rich_man_in_hell_text.htm
http://www.helltruth.com/q-a/the-rich-man-and-lazarus.aspx

Here is a thread that blazingthru posted about parables, and the second post deals with the parable about Lazarus:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=403784&highlight=grave

Scriptures on Life and Death:

Ecclesiates 9:5-10 - For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointment. Live joyfully with the wife whom thou lovest all the days of the life of thy vanity, which he hath given thee under the sun, all the days of thy vanity: for that is thy portion in this life, and in thy labour which thou takest under the sun. Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.

The Bible tells us over and over again what happens when we die and when our reward shall be given to us.

Revelation 22:12 - And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.

1 Thess 4:16 -17
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:and the dead in Christ shall rise first:Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord

I Cor 15:52 -54 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Rev 20:5 - But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

John 5:28 - 29 "Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, and shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.".

Back