Beyond Waist length hair?

WaterMoccasin

I will probably look it up as soon as I post, but first: Did anyone watch the season premiere of "Half & Half" last night? There was a girl on there, a photographer, british accent, with hair down to under her butt cheeks. She looked like she could've been a processed 4a...I wonder how much of it was her hair?? It looked great, no matter. The only other time I remember seeing a black woman on television with butt-length hair was the woman Carlton (Fresh Prince) lost his virginity to...was that even her hair too?? I wonder...It makes me think about extending my ultimate goal (of near waist length)...
scratchchin.gif

I didn't catch the whole show but I did see that woman, I think that it's real only because even in our weaved up society they don't usually have someone weaved down to their butt on a tv show.

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't catch the whole show but I did see that woman, I think that it's real only because even in our weaved up society they don't usually have someone weaved down to their butt on a tv show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Her hair was very beautiful on the show, but I must say that I don't think that was all her hair.

Her name is Rowena and I actually met her about 3 years ago. Her hair in real life is like a 3b/3c (light brown and curly) and back then it was not quite bra-strap. Now, of course her hair could have grown from her length to where it is now, but the texture of her hair on the show did not look like that in real life.

She is a beautiful woman inside and out and her accent is real!
laugh.gif

-lee

This is the only pic I found where she was fully clothed...
blush.gif
I typed "Rowena King" into the Yahoo! search and all this nudie stuff came up.
naughty.gif

rowena_king.jpg

Speakin of shows, any1 catch Girlfriends? Joan gained about 1/2 a foot of hair or maybe 4 inches or so of hair on her cause it looked SO good. Full, bouncy. Whats her hair regmine? lol

Tracy's hair looked beautiful on girlfriends. It was thick and obviously longer and straighter. I wonder what she did to straighten it out a little. I saw the Half and Half show and knew one of our LHCF sistas was gonna say something. LOL If it is hers she has some beautiful hair. I couldn't stop staring at the TV.

This is kinda not related but why can't Beyonce get curly weaves like Mona's hair on Half and Half. I don't think her hair is a weave but with the way she had it last night you couldn't really see the hairline and that made me think about Beyonce.

[ QUOTE ]
The only other time I remember seeing a black woman on television with butt-length hair was the woman Carlton (Fresh Prince) lost his virginity to...was that even her hair too??

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been wondering that too. It looks real. I saw her on another show with that same hair. I would love to know.

I loved Tracee's hair on Girlfriends last night!

I also wondered about the woman on Half and Half - hers or not, it was beautiful!

[ QUOTE ]
Speakin of shows, any1 catch Girlfriends? Joan gained about 1/2 a foot of hair or maybe 4 inches or so of hair on her cause it looked SO good. Full, bouncy. Whats her hair regmine? lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I noticed this too. When she had her in a french braid, it looked like it reached brastrap. It looked great!

Didn't see Half & Half tho... I only watch the intro to hear that girl sing off-key
grin.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

Rachel True. She was in that movie Half Baked where she played Dave Chapelles love interest. I love her hair. It looks a lot fuller than it used to though. Maybe they added extensions to go with her 'wild nature girl' character. Then Essence Atkins (the spoiled character). He hair must be pressed or relaxed. She was on some other shows and also in How High with Method Man and Redman. He hair always looked shiny and healthy.

[ QUOTE ]
Then Essence Atkins (the spoiled character). He hair must be pressed or relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Feb 2003 issue of Soph. Black Hair, she is natural. I vaguely recall seeing her on The Smart Boy. Her hair looked like a 3b or c to me...

The stylist on the show said "it took quite some time to train Essence's naturally tight spirals into the smooth, sleekness character Dee Dee sports onscreen". She said Essence shows up on the set with her hair already shampooed. To comabt heat damage, they apply Aura Elixir Leave-In Conditioner. Then her hair is blow dried with a vent brush. KMS Flat Out is applied and it's straightened with a flat iron or curling iron. She follows up with KMS Flat Out Spray to keep her hair from reverting. Any flyaways and frizzies are touched up with Tigi Bed Head Wax Stick.

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Then Essence Atkins (the spoiled character). He hair must be pressed or relaxed.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Feb 2003 issue of Soph. Black Hair, she is natural. I vaguely recall seeing her on The Smart Boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

She was a MAIN character on the show (playing T.J.'s sister), and it's actually The Smart Guy, not Boy. hth's...

[ QUOTE ]
and it's actually The Smart Guy, not Boy. hth's...

[/ QUOTE ]

blush.gif

I guess it's obvious I only saw the show twice! The Smart Boy!
rofl.gif

How is Essence's hair is styled here? It looks like it has been blowdried and set...

(Look in my album under "Can my hair do that")

Back