Between Hello Hydration and Extra Liso You May Never Need To Relax Again!

chocolatesis said:
What didn't you like about it? I tried it once before, but never used it again. I can't remember why. :lol: :perplexed
I know the smooth n' sleek line would always get my hair straight, but it also made it feel thinner. I still really liked it though, I just didn't use it all the time.

I'm sorry it took so long to answer, I didn't check the thread. I used the combing creme first and I loved it, so I bought the shampoo and conditioner. When I added those my hair did not feel as soft. HTH
I might try the conditioner again (just to use it up), but the next time I will put some honey in it.

second ingredient: cyclopentasiloxane

Cytopentasiloxane
trans.gif
Cyclopentasiloxane is a colorless, ordorless, transparent, nongreasy silicone fluid. It has a low viscosity and surface tension and a relatively high vapor pressure which allows the majority of the silicone portion to evaporate from the surface to which it is applied. It is used in a variety of cosmetic products (at concentrations ranging from < 1.0% up to >50%) as a hair conditioning agent, a skin emollient or a solvent. Studies indicate that cyclopentasiloxane is not irritating to the skin and is not readily absorbed through the skin.

A review by the Expert Panel of the CIR (1991) concluded that cyclomethicone (a mixture of cyclic dimethylpolysiloxane compounds including cyclopentasiloxane) is safe for use in cosmetics at the current concentrations of use. In December 2005, the CIR looked at available new data and decided that the data were sufficient to re-evaluate cyclopentasiloxane use in cosmetics. This process is currently ongoing.
Ingredient safety information
bullet.gif
CIR publication "Final Report on the Safety Assessment of Cyclomethicone" JACT 1991 Vol. 10
bullet.gif
Household Products Database
arrow.gif
Cyclopentasiloxane

http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/household/brands?tbl=chem&id=1713&query=Cyclopentasiloxane

I can't wait to hear about everyone's experience with these new products! Please post your experiences.

I'm going to wait to hear about everyone's experience before I make this investment.

Gosh this stuff smells so good (HH) that I want to eat it! I just did it as my rinse out conditioner (for 5 minutes) now I am deep conditioning. My hair felt so good and smelled so good afterwards.

the extra lisa combing creme worked great! detangled verrrry well and my hair doesnt look dull like i though it would. it isnt at its shiniest, but overall better than I expected. only thing with pantene products, the smell rarely varies. Its like every single products smells the same. very disappointing to a person who makes decisions on products by their smell......

hello hydration conditioner...well- I havent made it back to the store to get any. last time i went to walmart they were out. completely- BOTH SIZES. the fry's (krogers) up the street had it in the smaller bottle but it was 3.79 or something.

I think i may break down and buy it just to see what the hoopla is about.

wow i'm sooooo tempted!!!!!!! are you ladies applying the liso to the new growth only? applying everyday? How are you ladies styling your hair with the liso?.....air drying, wet set, blowdry, bunning it ?????

The combing creme sounds great. The problem is I dont seem to be having much luck with products containing silicones in higher amounts, yet I know the PJ in me is definitely going to give it a try.

godsflowerrr said:
wow i'm sooooo tempted!!!!!!! are you ladies applying the liso to the new growth only? applying everyday? How are you ladies styling your hair with the liso?.....air drying, wet set, blowdry, bunning it ?????

I airdried using the scarf method.

I plan to buy both of these tomorrow. I can not wait. I am natural and hopfully this helps with the shrinkage factor.

I purchased and used the Hello Hydration yesterday (I also purchased the Extra Liso but have not used) as a cowash and my hair felt great! I mean it felt so hydrated! lol I really like this conditioner. Thanks for the recommendation. I am such a pj! I am only 2 weeks post relaxer. I am excited about new growth so I can see the two work together.:D

Whooooo! :clapping:
I used my new bottle of Hello Hydration tonight, and this stuff is the TRUTH!
My hair was so silky and soft, it was nuts...I have found my new cheap conditioner. Thanks for the heads up on this product! :D

Ms Kraft said:
Hey, Krissy. Which Kroger did you go to? I wanna give this one a try and I can't find it.

I'm in Kentucky right now. I would try a Kroger in a Hispanic area such as American Way & Getwell.

krissyprissy said:
I'm in Kentucky right now. I would try a Kroger in a Hispanic area such as American Way & Getwell.

Thanks, girl! I'll let you know if I find some there. If not, you'll have to bring me a case when you come back to Memphis. :lachen:

Okay, I was going to post after I used both products but I had to chime in on the Pantene Extra Liso/Extra Straight Combing Cream. This stuff is amazing! :up:

My hair was flat ironed almost 2 weeks ago, but of course my edges are starting to poof since I'm still transitioning (16 months post). Well, I'm wearing my hair in a sleek pony tail and I added the extra straight to my dry edges. Ladies, they are slicked back and straight almost like a perm.

For some reason, my bottle is in spanish and I can't read the instructions. :ohwell: The ingredients are in english though. If someone has the directions and the other stuff it is supposed to do that would be great. You know, like makes your hair silky, shiny, manageable, etc. I bought it from Target.

I'll use the hello hydration over the weekend. :) Thanks Ibelieve.

kitchen_tician said:
Okay, I was going to post after I used both products but I had to chime in on the Pantene Extra Liso/Extra Straight Combing Cream. This stuff is amazing! :up:

My hair was flat ironed almost 2 weeks ago, but of course my edges are starting to poof since I'm still transitioning (16 months post). Well, I'm wearing my hair in a sleek pony tail and I added the extra straight to my dry edges. Ladies, they are slicked back and straight almost like a perm.

For some reason, my bottle is in spanish and I can't read the instructions. :ohwell: The ingredients are in english though. If someone has the directions and the other stuff it is supposed to do that would be great. You know, like makes your hair silky, shiny, manageable, etc. I bought it from Target.

Hey kitchen i bought the hello hydration and liso combing creme today from target,they got the whole pantene line.I hope my results will be promising!!!!!.;) ...going on 12 weeks post and my hair is screaming for a re-touch....i'm going give it a try this weekend and see if i could stretch it out a 'lil more.

I bought the Xtra Liso conditioner, and the Pantene Combing Leave in...but I think it doesn't say "Hello Hydration". Did I buy the wrong combing creme? It looks like a nice product but it's a leave in conditioner.

kitchen_tician said:

Someone posted the web site back on page 1 or 2 and the Extra Liso is a line of products by Pantene made for Hispanics. That may be why it's in spanish.

lana said:
I bought the Xtra Liso conditioner, and the Pantene Combing Leave in...but I think it doesn't say "Hello Hydration". Did I buy the wrong combing creme? It looks like a nice product but it's a leave in conditioner.

I don't think the Hello Hydration is made by Pantene. Can someone post a picture of the Hello Hydration bottle?

lana said:

They aren't the same thing. The hello hydration is a conditioner made by Herbal essences, It is this (pic)
300541.jpg

The Liso is a leave-in combing creme by pantene it is this (pic)
intensive_treatment.jpg

MizaniMami said:
They aren't the same thing. The hello hydration is a conditioner made by Herbal essences, It is this (pic)
300541.jpg

The Liso is a leave-in combing creme by pantene it is this (pic)
intensive_treatment.jpg
Hey girl, thanks for posting that. Now I will know exactly what to look for!:p

Back