Best Way To Dry Relaxed Hair

eurka007

What do you think the best way to dry relaxed hair is?

I feel like the most damage is caused when I blow dry then straighten my hair- but I cant seem to figure out a way to have sleek straight hair without blow drying and straightening

I do a horrible job at roller setting so I wanted to know if there were any other options- drying my hair without any heat leaves my hair frizzy and unmanageable even if I put in leave in conditioner

So what should I do? This is definitely holding me back from long hair and I really want to get over this issue so I can move forward!

Thanks for you answers in advance :D

Some people have better luck with the ponytail rollerset method. It's supposedly a lot easier and quicker than a traditional rollerset, but it gives similar results. I haven't tried it personally, but there's a lot of Youtube videos on them.

just keep practicing your rollersets. i was horrible at it but i just kept trying. use bigger rollers then wrap your hair for a straighter look.

Just keep on practicing rollersetting your hair! It gets better trust me! I achieve a wonderful straight look with great body (avatar pic) when I rollerset and saran wrap my hair. Just make sure your hair is completely dried in the rollers. Even if the rollerset isn't perfect, your hair can still look great if you wrap it with a saran wrap and sit under the dry for 10 to 15 minutes right afterwards. :-)

Last edited:
I definitely agree with rollersetting. I tried air drying, and it just does not compare. I always got crunchy rough hair, no matter what I did. So rollersetting has been such a hair-saver.
If traditional magnetics with pins are too difficult, then try flexi-rods or the ponytail method. I think both of those are much easier.

And when I wrap my hair after a rollerset, I use my fingers or a shower comb, because I think that using a paddle brush makes my hair too flat. And I try to wrap my hair loosely, instead of making sure it's like..molded to the head. The fingers or shower comb seem to give me a little more volume. I lightly smooth with a boar bristle brush before putting on the scarf, just to make sure all the hair is laying right. hth.

Last edited:
i've attempted air drying several times, although quicker than traditional roller setting and sitting under hood dryer, the results don't compare. roller setting is by far the best "look" for my hair.

Rollersetting is my first choice. Keep trying it , you'll get better. It took me a long time to perfect it. If you're having trouble with magnetic rollers try using snap rollers when you are first starting out. They give a great roller set too and are much easier to work with. Once you perfect it using the snap covers you can use the same rollers minus the snap covers.

My second best way is airdrying in the ponytail method. I wash, dc, moisturize and seal my hair. I then put it in a sleek low ponytail , tie it with a scarf and sometines braid or twist the end. My hair dries, smooth and shiny. I usually use my Caruso after this.

Has anyone tried rollersetting with no heat?

Yeap, I usually air dry, then use silk elements foam wrap lotion, and use flexirods. I use about 10 flexirods and sleep in them. For me, that's the easiest way to do it. Plus, I love curly hair :grin:

Here are some pics
1.) air dried hair
2.) flexirod set
3.) dried and pulled

Did I mention I love curly hair :grin:
moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png

Attachments

• SSPX0055.jpg
    SSPX0055.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 47
  • SSPX0062.jpg
    SSPX0062.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 48
  • SSPX0071.jpg
    SSPX0071.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 51
Yeap, I usually air dry, then use silk elements foam wrap lotion, and use flexirods. I use about 10 flexirods and sleep in them. For me, that's the easiest way to do it. Plus, I love curly hair :grin:

Here are some pics
1.) air dried hair
2.) flexirod set
3.) dried and pulled

Did I mention I love curly hair :grin:
moz-screenshot-6.png
moz-screenshot-7.png

Your hair came out great! :grin: I want to eliminate using heat it'll take longer, but my hair will be healthier. How long does your hair take to airdry in rollers? or flexirods I guess since whats what you used?

Last edited:
^^^^^ Thanks!!!! It takes no more than 3 hours to airdry. I use aphogee leave in and comb and that's it. Then, when it's dry I use silk elements styling foam and roll like you would a magnetic roller. I don't roller in a spiral fashion.

I only use 1 pump of the foam for each section. I find that when I use more than one pump it's not dry when I wake up. Oh, and I sleep not less than 4 hours. HTH

I have recently started using garnier fructis anti frizz serum and it helps with shine and making it easier to slick the hair on the flexirod.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried rollersetting with no heat?

not totally... i did it one night after drying under heat for 10 min. it was midnight and i went to bed with the rollers. woke up the next morning and took my rollers out. my hair was a lot shinier than usual (not sure if it as because of the the usage of less heat....).

I airdry with the scarf method, and for me it is all about the leave- ins I use. When I use Hawaiian silky, my hair really does airdry very silky, smooth, and soft. I seal with a little bit of plain castor oil. When my hair is almost 100% dry, I set on gray flexirods (between 8 and 10 of them) and go to bed. I wake up with smooth, bouncy curls every time. Oh, and I am 15 weeks post (going for 26: pray that I make it!)....but you can't tell with this routine. HTH

After washing, I apply leave ins and then flat wrap my damp hair, all the way round my head, tie up a scarf and go to bed. In the morning, I comb it down and have smooth straight hair. Of course, not as sleek as if I blowdried, flat ironed or rollerset, but smooth enough to look tidy. HTH

Back