Best type of bun for healthy hair.

nbcgurl22

I notice that alot of you have done the bun challenge in the past and I was wondering the best way to make a bun so there won't be any damage to the hair. I am asking this question because I have been keeping my daughters hair in a bun daily and I have been getting good results but her ends don't look to good. I have been using a rubber band and pulling the hair through and then I use another small rubberband on top of that secure the bun.

My daughter has about 14 inches of natural 3c/4a hair.

Thanks ladies.
smile.gif

I''m still in the process of recovering from damage caused by using a circular, plastic ponytail comb with teeth and a decorative metal strip while bunning. I'd make a ponytail with it, then twist the hair around into a bun, and secure with metal hair pins. To make matters worse, I used to have to force my hair to fit into it, because the comb was too small, but it was so cute and gave me such great looking buns!
smile.gif
I used this thing consistently, day in and day out, for months. Anyhow, nowadays I don't bother to secure my hair at all before I start to bun it. I just twist my hair into place, then anchor the bun by doubling a large velvet scrunchie (think ultra-soft!) around the base. I alternate the direction in which I twist the bun, too, for added measure. I like to put my hair in a braid before bunning, too. It makes my bun look more interesting, and lasts longer.

I stay far away from rubber bands myself, particularly small ones. I find that they have a tendency to catch and break strands of my hair.

Yeah, dont use rubber bands.
nono.gif

silk/satin scunchie or coated elastic

Back