Best quote/advise/wisdom received on relationships

gn1g

Do you have a favorite quote/words of wisdom or advise on relationships? if so let us know. One I recently heard on the steve harvey show is:

"REAL MEN DON'T SHACK REAL MEN BUILD HOMES."

another one from bishop Jakes is;

when someone really loves you they will find a way to show you, even kids will draw you a picture on a paper and give it too you, something to that effect.

and last Love is an action word. I found this one to be TRUUUUEEEE.

I wrote this down from a book I read (forgot which one) that Dr Wayne Dyer wrote (love him).

Ingredients for relationships at purpose

1. Relinquish your need to be right
(what's more important being right or being kind?)

2. Allow space.
(Everyone needs their time to be by themselves to do their own thing allow that person to be themselves you don't need to be with them 24/7 Don't smother the other person to the point where they feel trapped.)

3. Eliminate the idea of ownership.
(you do not have the right to tell people with whom you are in a relationship what they ought to be doing while they are here on earth. That is only between each person and their soul.)

4. Know that you do not have to understand why someone else would want to do and think the way they do.

-Most men suck but you will always find you prince.:look:

-Leave your relationship in gods hand because he knows all the right anwers:yep:

-Never give up on love:rolleyes:

-Not everyone is going to have the situation of walking down the hallway with books in there hand and having someone knock then down. Then someone helps you pick your books up and you look up in each other eyes and then fall in love. Then get married live in a house with a white picket fence and then have 2.5 kids and a dog name spot:kissing4:

Last edited:
"Most men are as faithful as their options":fairy:

(cynical, I know) :ohwell:

this is true of women as well, tho, many choose not to recognize:perplexed

" No Guy is Worth your tears and when you find one that is he wont make you cry."

" Never frown, even when you are sad, because you never know who could be falling in love with your smile."

" If you love something, set it free; if it comes backs it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was."

" Forgiveness is the final form of love."

" Don't forget to love yourself."

My grandfather's advice :"Why be with a man who can't even buy you a hot dog?" :lachen:(I was a dumb teenager in love)

My grandmother's advice: "There is no reason to get all depressed about a man because when you die he will be looking just like that,(she had pointed to my grandfather at the time who just happened to be laughing about something on tv):nono:

No matter how much you love someone, you have to love yourself enough to know when to walk away.

there will always be a person who loves the other more. What makes these relationships work is the other person must be appreciative and not take advantage of that love.

At church I heard:

Thou shall take no other Gods before me also refers to people idolizing their mates. Remember to keep God first and remember that we are all human, capable of faults and errors. Dont worship your mate no matter how good they are.

Big Boom on Steve harvey:

If you want closure in your relationships, start with your legs.

there will always be a person who loves the other more. What makes these relationships work is the other person must be appreciative and not take advantage of that love.

At church I heard:

Thou shall take no other Gods before me also refers to people idolizing their mates. Remember to keep God first and remember that we are all human, capable of faults and errors. Dont worship your mate no matter how good they are.

Big Boom on Steve harvey:

If you want closure in your relationships, start with your legs.

That was good ! :yep:

My grandfather's advice :"Why be with a man who can't even buy you a hot dog?" :lachen:(I was a dumb teenager in love)

My grandmother's advice: "There is no reason to get all depressed about a man because when you die he will be looking just like that,(she had pointed to my grandfather at the time who just happened to be laughing about something on tv):nono:

:dighole: :lachen:

Pray because only God knows the man that's right for you.

when it comes to love, use your heart AND your head.

Men don't treasure what comes easy to them.

Watch how he treats his mom and sisters because that's how he'll treat you in the future.

"The grass may be greener on the other side, but happy gardeners are less likely to notice."

"Once you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than what you settled for."

"When you blame another you give your own power away because you are placing the responsiblity for your feelings on someone else"

"The grass may be greener on the other side, but happy gardeners are less likely to notice."

"Once you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than what you settled for."

"When you blame another you give your own power away because you are placing the responsiblity for your feelings on someone else"

That's one of my favorite quotes.

If a man tells you- "I'm not good enough for you"- believe him

You can't let it get that good to you. -- Friend of the family

I do not believe in staying with that Reason or Season when I know my Lifetime is still out there waiting for me. -- ElizaBlue (not sure if it's her quote but I read it from her thread)

Those are great quotes!! :yep:

Back