best product to add moisture to DRY hair w/o weighing it down

ajoyfuljoy

Hey Ladies,

What is the best product for you that adds moisture to your dry hair without weighing it down?

I need something that I can put on my hair (I like to wear it down everyday) and still have that SWANG.

Dominican product suggestions are highly welcome!!! :drunk:

Giovanni Direct leave in (works brilliantly on my natural 4a b hair so should be great on relaxed heads? Also I keep hearing about lacio lacio I just need to catch someone coming from NY and I'm good:look:

Thank you ladies for all these great suggestions so far. I'm probably going to look up every product :grin:

Any other suggestions?

Oh yeah, anybody tried Lacio Lacio leave in?

I saw this on one of the Dom. websites and I'm wondering how good it is. Thanks.

Oh yeah, anybody tried Lacio Lacio leave in?

I saw this on one of the Dom. websites and I'm wondering how good it is. Thanks.

It's worth checking out-it smells good, good ingredients and works well for airdrying, rollersetting and braidouts.

Last edited:
Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme
NTM
Profective breakfree-very light considering the sticky texture out of the jar.
Can't find that doggone Dove moisture mist stuff anywhere. Been wanting to try it.

Sunsilk Hydra TLC 24/7 Creme
NTM
Profective breakfree-very light considering the sticky texture out of the jar.
Can't find that doggone Dove moisture mist stuff anywhere. Been wanting to try it.

Yeah, that Dove Sheer Replenishing Mist is very good. I have been sleeping on this since I joined the Board. I finally tried it and I love it. I was having a bad bit of dryness and I was willing to try anything. Great product!!!

I find it at most grocery stores, WalMart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and Eckerd.

Yeah, that Dove Sheer Replenishing Mist is very good. I have been sleeping on this since I joined the Board. I finally tried it and I love it. I was having a bad bit of dryness and I was willing to try anything. Great product!!!

I find it at most grocery stores, WalMart, Target, Walgreens, CVS, and Eckerd.

hmm coulda sworn I check at least wally world and walgreens. May have to stop by and look for it again. I finally found my WRTC so now this is next on my list to hunt down. Thanks Brownie!

Any all natural product suggestions that do this?

Akin Lavender & Anthyllis 24-Hour Leave-In Conditioner & Styler
I think you can get this at Whole foods - I got mine in a goodie bag through work, but I LOVE IT!!!!!

I use it on my dry hair as a moisturiser even though it is a leave in conditioner. My hair seems to prefer this rather that a moisturiser.
A'kin 24 hour leave-in conditioner is a unique daily moisture care for all hair types with amino acids, anti-oxidants, herbal extracts and nourishing jojoba and avocado oils.

Use it to add texture and body or to calm frizzy hair. This product should be applied after washing your hair and left in until the next wash. 150ml

Ingredients
Aqua (purified Australian water*), behentrimonium methosulfate (from GMO free rapeseed) (and) cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), cetearyl alcohol (botanical source), lauryl glucoside (from coconut, palm & glucose), panthenol (pro Vit B5), glycerin (botanical source), hydrolyzed wheat protein (GMO free), glycerin (and) aqua (and) anthyllis vulneraria (woundwort) flower extract, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil (cold pressed Australian grown), persia gratissima (avocado) oil (certified organic cold pressed Australian grown), glyceryl laurate (botanical source), rice amino acids, potassium sorbate, sodium gluconate (from non-GMO corn), citric acid (botanical source), tocopheryl acetate (Vit E) (botanical source), lecithin (and) tocopherol (and) ascorbyl palmitate (and) hydrogenated palm glycerides citrate, fusanus spicatus wood (West Australian sandalwood) oil, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil (certified organic), syzygium aromaticum (clove) flower oil, linalool (from lavender oil), farnesol (from sandalwood). *BP 2000 standard

Last edited:
I get the most swang when I use a nice moisturizing, thick cream as a leave-in on my wet hair and just use oil after that until wash day. I know every one says "waterbased everyday", but I really don't need that. My hair is never dry either. If anything, my hair gets overmoisturized too often. Even after 5 or 6 days post wash my hair still has body and moves when I walk.

Edited to add:

I can't just use any oil for this. Emu oil has worked for me. Butters like Hemp and others have worked. But the ultimate best for me is Nasabbs Kelechi oil. That is all I use between washes - given that I use a moisturizer as a leave in. I use my Kelechi oil every other day or less.

Last edited:
I can't find a manufactured product that does that either. For now, I do rosewater + olive oil + few drops of Suave humectant in a spray bottle.

I do this if I have been outside all day and can't wet my hair.

Back